Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I can't concentrate anymore lol  (Read 5958 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
I can't concentrate anymore lol
« on: March 23, 2008, 09:41:14 PM »

I have been sitting here at this stupid computer for the last hour with The Thirteenth Step open and I swear I write about one sentence and then the next thing you know i'm clicking all over the internet. I'm looking at ghosts, dancing cats, playing spider solitaire, watching Nick eat a chocolate bar lol everything but concentrating on the one thing i'm trying to do. It's annoying.

See? Like writing this random post for instance. I could have been writing another sentence of the story...but no.  ::) :P
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: I can't concentrate anymore lol
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:43:27 PM »

It's because your brain doesn't want it to end I'm sure.

lol

Just remind yourself why you started writing it in the first place and you'll get there, I'm sure of it. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 10:14:09 PM »

LMAO welcome to my ADD world!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:21:04 PM »

Sometimes, I have to remove Internet Explorer from my quick launch thing... or just cover it up... because if it's not right there to click on, I'm not as likely to click on it.  Either that, or just disconnect my freaking internet.  The one good thing about dial-up was that I wasn't connected all the time... so it was easier to write when I couldn't get online.  Now that I have high-speed and am on all the time, I do exactly what you do... stop in freaking mid-sentence to come here or go on YouTube or whatever.  It drives me nuts, but it's like a compulsive habit.

You can't force the writing, but try removing the temptation of the internet and see if that helps.  Maybe even turn off your computer and try to write some by hand.  This doesn't usually work for me, but I will say, the times my computer has been broken and I've had to write by hand, I have come up with some interesting stuff... never stuff that has actually made it into a story, but interesting stuff nonetheless.  Who knows.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 10:49:53 PM »

thanks for the input guys lol I managed two pages which is a lot for me these days. I did force myself to write offline for a bit, but now i'm back.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 11:11:07 PM »

Congratulations on the two pages. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:25:36 AM »

Yay!

I'm all over the place with my writing... I haven't yet been able to find a story I've started and stick to it enough to get anywhere on it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »

I'm having the opposite problem. I'm finally like hard core concentrating. lmao
~*Dee*~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 01:33:41 PM »

I'm having the opposite problem. I'm finally like hard core concentrating. lmao

how is that a problem?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 02:47:58 PM »

how is that a problem?

Well, I have homework I should be working on, and the idea of leaving my house sounds like fun... lmao Yet, here I sit at the computer. lmao
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »

Dee, I have to say as part of being the queen of fanfiction, you are not allowed to hijack my thread! As Howie said in the newest Nick's corner video...i'm watching you! lmao

on a side note, I haven't written anything else. boo me!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 05:36:54 PM »

Dee, I have to say as part of being the queen of fanfiction, you are not allowed to hijack my thread! As Howie said in the newest Nick's corner video...i'm watching you! lmao

on a side note, I haven't written anything else. boo me!

I was not hijacking your thread. It still totally fit the subjet matter. lol

Aw. :( *sends good writing vibes*
~*Dee*~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 05:39:12 PM »

I know. It was just a warning lol and I managed to write about three sentences between then and now. Woot! :)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 06:00:05 PM »

aww, now come on, I like a lot of suspense. I liked It stays with you a lot.   It's all the emotional soap opera drama angst stuff where I find myself skipping entire pages cause they look boring.   Not that you write like that, lol, but mostly I just need solid plot and interesting characters. I'd probably like the majority of your stuff if I'd take the time to read it.   

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 06:05:11 PM »

LOL aww yeah I really do try to stay away from soap opera type stuff. Although I have always wanted to implant Nick's brain into Howie's head at one point. Maybe one day.

I forgot you read it Stays with You. It's funny because most of the things I have written aren't suspense, but for some reason I have been labeled as a suspense writer. I've only written a handful of them, most of my stuff is drama/humor.  Go figure lol
Pages: [1] 2 3