Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: The May Challenge  (Read 28572 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The May Challenge
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2008, 03:34:08 PM »

Excellent!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2008, 11:35:39 PM »

Some of us ended up starting a Carter family fic instead - haha. Eventually I'll write Kevin & Nick, if I feel I've more time. I swear, there's never enough time in the day anymore! Lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2008, 11:16:41 PM »

Finally! I finally got around to writing my challenge response. It's dedicated to Mare ;)

Party Time:
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9038
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2008, 08:07:07 PM »

Feel good stories lol

Just kidding. Great job with your first foray into suspense Sarah. Remmeber you don't have to kill people to be suspenseful. Especially Nick or Kevin!!! Kill Brian or AJ for a change.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2008, 08:54:30 PM »

Remmeber you don't have to kill people to be suspenseful.

lol but sometimes you do have to.  :P
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2008, 08:59:49 PM »

Murderers!! lol

:P

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2008, 09:06:47 PM »

I admit, when I wrote about slicing open Kevin's skin, I pictured dissecting the cat in my high school anatomy class. It was an interesting experience, and, well, it totally helped me write the story lol

I rather enjoyed that foray into bloodiness lol Must do it again :P
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:23 PM »

but my murder is relevant to the plot! I had to kill! And I didn't kill NIck! (though I easily could have.)

plus my challenge story was the heartfelt, make you want to cry, warm fuzzy feelings type so I get points to balance out the killing...   right?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2008, 09:03:06 AM »

I think it says something when you right all warm fuzzy stories and a slasher fic. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2008, 06:32:55 PM »

I admit, when I wrote about slicing open Kevin's skin, I pictured dissecting the cat in my high school anatomy class. It was an interesting experience, and, well, it totally helped me write the story lol

I rather enjoyed that foray into bloodiness lol Must do it again :P

I dissected a cat in high school too.  That was some inner turmoil right there... my love of cats vs. my love of slicing and dicing and seeing body parts.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »

that just seems so wrong. cats... I did the fetal pig thing. that was wrong too, but cats sound worse.

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2008, 07:45:41 PM »

Cats...pigs... squid...what else did I dissect?  I even got to go see a human cadaver (or however you spell it).  I have to imagine the experience helps out with the writing.
~Kelly~

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2008, 08:16:54 PM »

that just seems so wrong. cats... I did the fetal pig thing. that was wrong too, but cats sound worse.

Eeewww, yeah, I had to do the pig disection in biology back in like 10th grade. My friend and I were lab partners for that and she was so squeemish over the whole thing that she made me do the initial incision and the cutting through the ribs. *cringes at the memory of the sound and feeling of rib cutting *gag** R.I.P LuLu the pig... LoL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2008, 08:45:22 PM »

I almost failed because I refused to dissect a cat. :(

I knew I was going to be a musician and never planned on being a murdering psychopath so I didn't feel the need. She didn't appreciate me saying that though lol

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2008, 08:51:09 PM »

^ Haha...Man, if I would have said that to my biology teacher...she had a wicked sense of humor, but she was also a bit looney/psychotic...she might have turned the scalpel on me if I would have said that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10