Fic Talk > General Discussion

21 questions!

(1/8) > >>

mare:
Okay I can't believe I am starting this right before I go to bed lol but I felt the need to add this while I was thinking about it.

Anyway...

To get to know each other better as authors and/or readers, I figured we could start this game.

The only rules are simple:

~ You cannot answer your own question and you cannot answer more than five total.

~ Once you answer a question, you have to ask a question until we get to number 21. At that point you can start another thread or just end it lol So don't forget to number the questions as you ask and answer. So if you are answering 1) make sure you put a 1) next to your response but you shouldn't answer a question that has already been answered.

~ If two people are posting at the same time, the first person who answered the question should make the next question.

~ Whoever answers that 21st question is the person who should start the next thread.

~ When you ask your question, you can specify if you want an author to answer, or a reader. If you don't specify then anyone can answer.

Make sense?

Okay then i'll start this up  ;D

1) For writers... how important is getting feedback on your stories for you?

nicksgal:
1) I write for me, so it's not huge for me. But I do wish that my readers would respond so that I didn't feel like I was posting to take up space. :( That and sometimes i get jealous of the people with a lot of reviews who I think ought not to get so many... ::)

2) Readers, what do you look for in a fan fic?

mers:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 07, 2007, 12:05:03 AM ---1) I write for me, so it's not huge for me. But I do wish that my readers would respond so that I didn't feel like I was posting to take up space. :( That and sometimes i get jealous of the people with 400 plus reviews who I think ought not to get so many... ::)

2) Readers, what do you look for in a fan fic?

--- End quote ---

I look for a good plot that will make me want to click to the next chapter or wait for an update. Good English is awesome too, I dont expect a flawless piece, just as long as i can understand what's going on in the chapter :D

3) What is the weirdest request, plot wise, have you, as a writer, received from a reader?

Chaos:
The weirdest request for me plotwise (in the BSB fandom...I have weirder ones elsewhere lol) was to hook Nick from Ground Zero up with Wendy (a minor character I made up that was only in one tiny scene as one of the BSB's PR staff.) Or along the same lines someone wanted me to hook him up with Kevin. The only reason I thought Wendy was weirder was that I could actually see the potential for it to go there with Kevin if I were the sort who wrote slash...or romance at all for that matter. But I'm not, so...

4) For readers: Do you check the reviews of a story before reading it or do you go soley by the title and summary (and perhaps author)?

MellzBellz:

--- Quote from: Chaos on January 07, 2007, 07:29:58 AM ---
4) For readers: Do you check the reviews of a story before reading it or do you go soley by the title and summary (and perhaps author)?

--- End quote ---

When I'm reading a fic I usually don't because I don't want the reviews to give away too much of the story I'm about to read. I usually read based on summary... the banner... if it was recently updated... etc

5) What is the most out there plot you have ever read in BSB fan fics? (This could be interesting lol)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version