Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 16852 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: What's in a name?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 03:33:04 PM »

Ok good so I'm not being hideously teeny am I?  :-[ LOl Not like it's practical to change a characters name over one and a half stories now.

If Alyssa is hideously teeny, then Ashleigh is too because it's just as common (at least in my area)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 03:33:51 PM »

How about Stehfynni?

LOL Julie I'm going to change my MSN name to that.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2008, 03:34:08 PM »

Ok good so I'm not being hideously teeny am I?  :-[ LOl Not like it's practical to change a characters name over one and a half stories now.

agreed. which is why Kelly is still the lead in Welcome To My Heart.

and I've seen Kelly spelled Kellee before, but I'd have to say the teeny version is probably either Kelli or Kellie?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »

LOL Julie I'm going to change my MSN name to that.

LMAO yessss.  See, you have more syllables to work with in your name - the possibilities are endless!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2008, 03:34:47 PM »

When I was a child (okay.. and maybe still now..) I was really jealous of my sister because her name was spelled all mary sueish (Lyndsi) and I got plain old boring Stephanie.  Why couldn't I be Stefani? lol

LOl I don't like Lyndsi with an I. It just looks strange. LOl My sister spells her name the same way though Steph.

A month or two ago I had a Moises but his name wasn't Moys-is like you'd expect, but Mo-ee-sis. I screwed that up ALL day long  ???

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

agreed. which is why Kelly is still the lead in Welcome To My Heart.

and I've seen Kelly spelled Kellee before, but I'd have to say the teeny version is probably either Kelli or Kellie?

How about Kehleigh?
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2008, 03:36:49 PM »

If Alyssa is hideously teeny, then Ashleigh is too because it's just as common (at least in my area)

Very true... Ashleigh is the teenyfied spelling of Ashley. But Ashleigh IS a teeny so I guess it makes sense lol  :P

I LOVE the new spelling of Stephanie LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008, 03:37:12 PM »

A month or two ago I had a Moises but his name wasn't Moys-is like you'd expect, but Mo-ee-sis. I screwed that up ALL day long  ???

Wow.  I had a Nikkiya in my class this year.  Wanna take bets on the gender and pronunciation of that name?
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »

How about Kehleigh?

oh god.   my big sister almost named her baby Kimberleigh.

It was going to be after my parents. Jeffrey Kim and Stacey Leigh... But we all had an intervention and talked her out if it!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2008, 03:39:33 PM »

Very true... Ashleigh is the teenyfied spelling of Ashley. But Ashleigh IS a teeny so I guess it makes sense lol  :P

Which was my exact reason in choosing that name.. lol it should have been like.. Ashleiah.. haha
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2008, 03:40:25 PM »

LOL!  Well, at least there was a reason behind the teeny spelling there, not just because it looked kewl.  But yeah... what a nightmare for the kid to have to learn how to write her name LOL.
~Julie

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2008, 03:40:35 PM »

Wow.  I had a Nikkiya in my class this year.  Wanna take bets on the gender and pronunciation of that name?

I would think Nik - ki- a. Almost wanted to say Nik-kia but experience has taught me better lol. LMAO when you say it fast it almost sounds like Nick Carter in like a weird accent  :D Yes... Bear with me lol I'm having one of those days, so I'm punchy!

I had a Nakiocha when I student taught. Bets on how to prounounce that?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 03:41:10 PM »

See you can't do much with Rose, but my last name isn't spelt the way it's pronounced as smiley, so I always had teachers have issues with my name.

I did know a boy at one point who's name was Justin Time. I felt so bad for the kid lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

My favorite Mary Sue name is "Luvleigh" - saw that on a website of horrible baby names once LOL.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

My favorite Mary Sue name is "Luvleigh" - saw that on a website of horrible baby names once LOL.

OMG that is so going to be the name of my next female lead!
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6