Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 16851 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: What's in a name?
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2008, 07:11:37 PM »

Panther? And he moves like a turtle? Lol So typical!

In my school in the third grade we have a boy named Sincere and I've worked w/ him when I subbed in resource room... Sincere does not fit this boy at all LOL

Yep!  And then we were like, where the hell did they get CODY from??  Too funny.

Sincere, huh?  Wow.  And of course he wasn't sincere! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »

Back in elementary school, I knew a kid named Prechez. Pre-chez. Yeah. Take a guess whether it was a boy or a girl.

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »

Ooh, that's a toughie... girl?
~Julie

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2008, 11:15:57 PM »

I was just thinking Boy...
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2008, 11:18:13 PM »

I know I should be thinking whoa that's like a totally gangsta name but instead all that pops in my head is pre cheese lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2008, 11:21:54 PM »

'Twas a girl. LOL. In high school there was Akia and Akeema (something like that), they were twins. Freaking weird chicks. They started a fight during our Pep Rally senior year and almost got pep ralley's banned.

Dean & Sam Winchester.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2008, 11:50:26 PM »

I know I should be thinking whoa that's like a totally gangsta name but instead all that pops in my head is pre cheese lol

I was thinking "precious"... or "preciouzzzz" LOL.
~Julie

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: June 04, 2008, 11:54:41 PM »

I was thinking "precious"... or "preciouzzzz" LOL.
LOL, sometimes I don't put it past cultures, Julie.

Dean & Sam Winchester.

brandy_d

• Fledgling
  • I am just a goofy southern gilr who loves BSB!
    • Myspace
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2008, 09:47:04 PM »

honestly I tend to pick names that I like. I have used Presley, Audrey, Blake (for a girl), Natalie, and Desiree. These are all names that I like. I find them very pretty with out being to unusual or to common.

as for the title of a story. Most of the time it just comes to me. I try not to use names of songs though. I find that a little to cliche. I also like to have a title that is in the form of a question.
Brandy Desiree....<br />Wife of Brian<br />Mother of Brody<br />Fan of Backstreet.

Ruby Maye

• Fledgling
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2008, 06:57:58 PM »

well since i like to write myself in my stories (lol) i try to think of a name that is close to mine or a derivative of my name. i sometimes get names from games, movies, celebs or i pick names that i like...

For example in my APO story(ies), the name of the character Mia Blade is a derivative of my name: MIshA, Abalde (my last name's been mispronounced as "ABLADE" so that's where i got it from). in the same story(ies), i picked the names Ken and Ryu from the videogame Street Fighter (haha i know kinda lame but i gave them different last names from the game). For "Aundrea" who is Mia's sister in APO, i asked my sister what she wanted to be called and that's what she came up with.

As for my story EMPIRE (aka "Backstreet Mafia"), which features the Boys with Justin, JC and Joey from Nsync, i thought of the Italian versions of their names: Nick=Nico, Brian or B-Rok=Rocky, AJ=Alex (that one was easy :D). For Howie i used his old stage name Tony Donetti (lol) and for Kevin, i took "Rico" from Richardson. For Justin i used "Tino", for Joey i used "Guiseppi" (Italian version of "Joseph" haha) and JC was the hardest one and i came up with Sergio...haha. as for the last names for the guys from Nsync i took "Timberlake" and made Berlacchi. (also because Justin seemed to rule Nsync  ::)...)

i like the first names (for boys): Michael or Micah, Chris, Angel, James, Austin, Jaylin, Emile. and for girls: Aurora, Amelia, Michelle, Marianna, Angel, Maya, Jaquelyn.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:04:04 PM by Ruby Maye »

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2008, 05:04:20 AM »

I just use names that A) I like and B) Fits the character. Story titles, though... that's hard to explain. A lot of the time, they just come to me and it works!

Dean & Sam Winchester.

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2008, 05:08:09 AM »

I know I'm late in replying back to this, but Mare, I was thinking the same thing. LMAO!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]