Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for June 2008 - Why i'd do it all Again by Mare  (Read 66650 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

what if it were a balloon gopher?

I'd be creeped out AND scared lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Mare, what was the toughest scene/chapter/plot point for you to write?

I think I have mentioned that while I was writing this, Kevin decided to up and quit the band? lol yeah that was rough. It was hard because prior to him doing that I had this whole idea of ending things with him being grateful he was doing what he was doing and wanting to keep going forever like he had said in an interview once *sigh* but after that I had to rethink his whole attitude towards the end. That for me was the toughest thing, because I was pretty blindsided by his leaving the group and because I love me some Kevin, it was hard to write that part of him.

*kicks Kevin*

As far as chapters, they were all pretty easy actually. I guess there were tough elements only because sometimes I felt like some of them (Howie  mostly...sorry Howie) didn't have a whole lot to say so I felt like I had to babble at times. It would have been so easy for me to just write entire chapters as Nick or AJ etc... but I didn't want to do that and ruin the whole concept, well except for the one chapter I did it purposely lol

And let's see, the hardest scene was towards the end. The actual release day of Never Gone was tough because there was so much I wanted to jam into that chapter and I also knew that I was not being accurate and that some of my diligent readers would be quick to point that out to me. lol. I had to kind of wing it though otherwise this story could have gone on forever.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Oprahbeamz...I like that ;D
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

hehe yes and Rose will be Roprah!

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

^excuse me but you aren't supposed to try to detract readers from me to you! This is my month missy...back off!!

lol

She was already my reader. :(

LOL Is Dee hijacking your featured story month thread already, Mare? Tsk, tsk.
She's not only hijacking but she's trying to take my readers away! lol

Hush, I already reviewed you, so there. :P
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

exclusive

• Fledgling

First of all YAY to having a Mare story in the featured story of the month, esp. "Why" because to me the way you wrote it, minus some sillier things here and there, was exactly how I pictured some of those things happening. I especially enjoyed the whole B-day cake scene in the studio, the club scene and the aftermath of that with Kevin and Kristin, the push and pull with Brian and Nick's relationship, etc.

^ oh and the AJ and Nick question, in an interview One of them briefly mentioned that they were staying together when they first got to LA so I decided to play off that idea and make them actual roomies! LOL

One of my favorite concepts of the story was that Nick and AJ lived together, and the fact that it actually happened is really cute, I wish I had heard that interview.lol One of my favorite scenes was the whole thing where AJ kicked Nick out at the studio, I literally felt that crappy feeling in my stomach that you described Nick as having in that story.

I totally agree with the way that the Behind the Music thing turned out as well, because I was so excited to find out all of the stories we had never heard before, and none of that happened. A) I already knew all of that stuff  B) I felt that it could have been way longer, more in depth C) I thought it focused A LOT just on AJ and not really ALL of the guys. I was glad that they didn't bring up the Paris thing, but I thought there would be more about the BS that went on with Nick's family, and how the guys each dealt with themselves and each other during the height of it all.

I had some questions too:
- Do you really think that even during the beginning promo of NG that Kevin wanted to leave? It always seemed to me that he was enjoying himself until about the time they toured through Europe.

- How were you able to even remotely think about writing the beginnings of a Paris/Nick sex scene? (If there was a throw-up smilie I'd use it lol )

There were others, but I have to think about it. lmao

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium

Yay Mare!  I started reading this at work today (I have literally nothing to do there since I haven't got my next contract yet... erm anyway..) and I have to say that I LOVE it so far!  Did you find it difficult to research to keep this based on fact?  Or did you just sort of go with what you already knew and wing it? lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

First of all YAY to having a Mare story in the featured story of the month, esp. "Why" because to me the way you wrote it, minus some sillier things here and there, was exactly how I pictured some of those things happening. I especially enjoyed the whole B-day cake scene in the studio, the club scene and the aftermath of that with Kevin and Kristin, the push and pull with Brian and Nick's relationship, etc.

One of my favorite concepts of the story was that Nick and AJ lived together, and the fact that it actually happened is really cute, I wish I had heard that interview.lol One of my favorite scenes was the whole thing where AJ kicked Nick out at the studio, I literally felt that crappy feeling in my stomach that you described Nick as having in that story.

I totally agree with the way that the Behind the Music thing turned out as well, because I was so excited to find out all of the stories we had never heard before, and none of that happened. A) I already knew all of that stuff  B) I felt that it could have been way longer, more in depth C) I thought it focused A LOT just on AJ and not really ALL of the guys. I was glad that they didn't bring up the Paris thing, but I thought there would be more about the BS that went on with Nick's family, and how the guys each dealt with themselves and each other during the height of it all.

I had some questions too:
- Do you really think that even during the beginning promo of NG that Kevin wanted to leave? It always seemed to me that he was enjoying himself until about the time they toured through Europe.

- How were you able to even remotely think about writing the beginnings of a Paris/Nick sex scene? (If there was a throw-up smilie I'd use it lol )

There were others, but I have to think about it. lmao

Aww thanks! I wish I had kept all the interviews I used for this story. At one time I had them all on my computer but then it crashed. I am pretty sure it was  one of the radio interviews they all did where AJ mentioned Nick living with him.

I was glad they didn't really touch on the Paris/Nick thing either but like you, I wished they had talked about his family and his solo CD and what really happened with the guys when all that was going on. It did feel like the AJ behind music although I guess I could understand why but I felt like they really just focused on Howie, Brian and AJ and barely mentioned Kevin and Nick.

okay now to answer your questions.

I really didn't think Kevin wanted to leave, like I have mentioned before, I was blind sided by him leaving so no, I never felt like he wasn't into it. Luckily for me though, I wasn't finished with this story before he left so I was able to change things around to include some of those feelings otherwise the ending would have played out very differently.

I really didn't want to think about Nick and Paris having sex and I'm proud that for the most part, I pretty much got around it except for maybe that one scene which made me cringe. lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Yay Mare!  I started reading this at work today (I have literally nothing to do there since I haven't got my next contract yet... erm anyway..) and I have to say that I LOVE it so far!  Did you find it difficult to research to keep this based on fact?  Or did you just sort of go with what you already knew and wing it? lol

Aww yay! and nope, actually the research was a lot of fun. I mean who would hate having to watch interviews and listen to interviews? lol It was hard keeping it factual but I took a lot of liberties along the way, which you will see. I did wing a lot of it though, just based on how their personalities are.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

Yay for the falling out the windows scene, that one was awesome. That, the van, lmao and Nick dropping McDonalds food and fleeing at the sight of Kevin seeing him break his diet.

Kelly The Apartment and Total Kaos 24/7 are always really funny good stories too by Mare. Not as well known, but still fabulous.

What inspired the greatness that was the van chapter? lmao.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction

and LOL@Roprah, I feel like I'm talking to scooby doo.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

and LOL@Roprah, I feel like I'm talking to scooby doo.

It's funny you say that because when I pronounce your name that's how I do it, in a Scooby Doo voice. Roprah lmao

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lmao if oyu must know, when I firts moved to PA I had no car so I had to do something called rent a wreck and the wreck I rented was very much like the van I described lol it was horrible! I still say someone was killed in that van. They had to have been.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....

LOL thanks Lenni, that really did help. I can't tell you how many times I have sung along with that song and never even realized my title was in there. Probably because in my mind it has always come from Memories.

Glad I could be of service! *bows* Lol.

~Lenni~

P.S. What's your least favourite part of your story??? I know everyone has a favourite, but what's your least favourite??? I know I've least fave parts of some of mine, but I won't go back & change them, because I just don't have the heart too, & I know they were written in there for a reason, though I don't like them too much now - did that make sense? Lol. I'm so, like, not all here since I got concert tickets - haha~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hrmm least favorite? I would say all the Paris stuff. I didn't enjoy writing Nick as the partying guy who gets everyone mad and lets people down, especially when he didn't show up to AJ's birthday. That bothered me lol but again I felt the need to showcase how much I thought Nick had changed when they first all got together.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25