Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help! Looking for the nazi-est of Grammar Nazis!!!  (Read 4273 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Help! Looking for the nazi-est of Grammar Nazis!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 11:05:57 AM »

haha I never intended for anything to come of my writing, but it's become a hobby that takes up so much of my time now that if I ever could turn it into something more, that would be the coolest thing ever. I'll probably get a nice little wake up call when I start contacting people, but I'm hoping that if I could get someone to at least read it, I might get some good feedback. Even if they rip me apart, that would be kind of cool. But who knows? Nothing at all may come of it, but it's one of those things where I'll regret it if I don't at least try. So we'll see. lol

I think I would hate journalism. I wrote for the school newspaper my senior year and had fun with that, but I don't like the reporting side of journalism. And I would hate reporting on sad stuff like you see on the news. And political stuff is sooooooooo boring to me. I think I will just stick to telling stories. haha.

Magazine though? That could be more fun. It's a LOT of work though.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 12:25:20 PM »

LOL Ethan/Brian.... same difference. I do it constantly. It was kind of a Bitch when I went back and changed the names, cause I'd be looking for those random ones that didn't get switched for whatever reason and I'd read Brian and wouldn't think anything of it because Brian is Ethan... and so on...

Hehe, yeah, I found a "Nick" in there already.  But no worries; that's why it's nice that four of us are looking at it.  At least one of us is bound to catch stuff like that and fix it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 12:32:49 PM »

haha I never intended for anything to come of my writing, but it's become a hobby that takes up so much of my time now that if I ever could turn it into something more, that would be the coolest thing ever. I'll probably get a nice little wake up call when I start contacting people, but I'm hoping that if I could get someone to at least read it, I might get some good feedback. Even if they rip me apart, that would be kind of cool. But who knows? Nothing at all may come of it, but it's one of those things where I'll regret it if I don't at least try. So we'll see. lol

I think I would hate journalism. I wrote for the school newspaper my senior year and had fun with that, but I don't like the reporting side of journalism. And I would hate reporting on sad stuff like you see on the news. And political stuff is sooooooooo boring to me. I think I will just stick to telling stories. haha.

That's exactly how I am.  I would never want to write for a career, unless it was a career as a bestselling novelist, because you can't just "be" a novelist - you have to do journalism or technical writing, that kind of thing, to actually make money (unless you are JK Rowling).  And I'm not at all interested in that kind of writing.  And even if you were lucky enough to make a living writing novels, there would be so much pressure on you to write.  Suddenly, it's not just somethig you do for fun when you feel like it; it's something you HAVE to do to support yourself.  It's not a hobby anymore; it's work.  I wouldn't want it to become work; I don't think my muse would like that much.

But just getting a book published?  That would be awesome.  And in my naive opinion, you have a real shot, Kelly.  The story is interesting, and it's different, being written from the guy's point of view.  That doesn't make it so unique in fanfic, but in the real world of publishing, how many young adult romances are written solely from the guy's point of view?  Not many that I've read, that's for sure.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 01:24:59 PM »

That's exactly how I am.  I would never want to write for a career, unless it was a career as a bestselling novelist, because you can't just "be" a novelist - you have to do journalism or technical writing, that kind of thing, to actually make money (unless you are JK Rowling).  And I'm not at all interested in that kind of writing.  And even if you were lucky enough to make a living writing novels, there would be so much pressure on you to write.  Suddenly, it's not just somethig you do for fun when you feel like it; it's something you HAVE to do to support yourself.  It's not a hobby anymore; it's work.  I wouldn't want it to become work; I don't think my muse would like that much.

that's it exactly for me. I never want it to feel like work. But I'm also in that lucky position that I don't need to support myself. So I can just write my stories and if something happens, then great. And if not I still have fun and at least I tried. The minute I felt the pressure of having to take it so seriously that my future depended on me getting it right, I would be blocked forever. My muse would stage a mutiny and probably kill me. I'd hate to ruin my favorite hobby for myself.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Steph

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Trying to forget; the pain's still there.
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »

I think if you keep working hard, we will all see your book on the shelves and we'll start geeking out. "Like, oh my Gahd! I like, know this girl! She is so awesome and her stories are like, freaking kick-ass! Like, I so have to buy this!"

Ew, Vally Girl moment... anyway!

I would stick to different parts of journalism. I think I would be more entertainment like movies, art, music, food, theater, etc. And maybe the local news. I don't like politics either. I don't even know if I can accomplish this dream, so that's all it is for now -- a dream!

I would l-o-v-e working for a music magazine, like Blend or Rolling Stone or something. How great of a dream would it be to write about and interview so many bands? Chaa!!

Dean & Sam Winchester.
Hunters. Protectors. Survivors. Family.

LenniluvsBrian

• General Pandemonium
  • You gave me a smile that I will never forget.....
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 09:33:21 PM »

You'll get published! You're most definitely good enough! I know I spotted this late, but if I can do anything to help, let me know. :) And I'd buy your book if I found it on a bookshelf here!!!! No matter what the cost, I'd buy it & prolly come home screaming, "I KNOW THE AUTHOR!!!!! I KNOW THE AUTHOR!!!!!" Lol.

My dream is to be a famous author some day. I just hafta finish my novel, but I kinda got writer's block. Gotta hack someone off, then do a bunch of other crazy stuff, then it's finished, & I can start plotting it's sequel - lol.

~Lenni~
Concert Tickets: $270
3 BSB T-Shirts: $105
BSB Sweater: $85
Poster & Book: $30
Having Brian grab me & pull me close during sound check: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Train Ticket: $14.95
Bus Fare: $3.50
Marilyn Denis Show Ticket: Free
Nick Carter singing to me on live television: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2]