Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The October challenge  (Read 9629 times)

MonkeyAbu

Re: The October challenge
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 12:04:09 PM »

^ LoL, you and your word count hatred. That is why I heart you. I still expect you to read it. I figure only 1,428 words over the limit is reasonable and should still hold your attention. After all, you did read my December response and that was 10,000+ words. ;D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2008, 12:45:09 PM »

I will read 3,000 words of it. If you hold my interest then I will read the exceeded amount. lol But i'm not reading anything today. I have too much work to do.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »

ok, I sucked it up this time. Not only am I wondering how much this actually counts as a suspense, but I exceeded the word count too by 784 words. LOL I'm right there with you Ashley! But yours was at least probably scary.

I dunno Mare, you'll have to read it (or at least 3,000 words of it :P) , and then let me know whether it counts or not.

I guess if it doesn't I can try to come up with something else. LOL I don't know what my deal is with the challenge this time. It had to be the "involve Kevin but don't kill him or make him the bad guy" rule. I had a hard time with that!

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9306

I tried though! Very hard! And it's a good story, so read it!

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2008, 03:30:58 PM »

Yay good for both of you for completing the challenge!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2008, 05:22:58 PM »

haha maybe... if it counts. I may have to write another one.

but yeah, I finally finished it after finishing that last FF chapter, and actually wrote half a Jamie chapter today too. YAY for getting writing done in any form!

There, I do believe everyone who said they were going to do this months challenge, has in fact done so. Yay! (but don't quote me on that cause I didn't double check.)
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2008, 05:46:42 PM »

^ LoL, you and your word count hatred. That is why I heart you. I still expect you to read it. I figure only 1,428 words over the limit is reasonable and should still hold your attention. After all, you did read my December response and that was 10,000+ words. ;D

Wordy McWordison!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2008, 05:47:55 PM »

Yup, you are correct Kelly. Guess that means i'll keep the challenges going...for now. lol

sweet18_2003

• Captain of Commotion
    • My Space
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2008, 08:10:20 PM »

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9311

Here ya go! lol. Im a lil late...with only what, 8 day left in the month...but I got one done for October! YAY!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2008, 08:14:35 PM »

Kelly, you're story counted! :) lol

And yay another one! Woot!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »

And she followed the rules too! Double woot!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »

My response to this challenge. I just happened to write it a long time ago lol

http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=1121&chapter=1

BSBfan4ever

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 11:46:47 PM »

is it ok to still post the October challenge?  ;D

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 12:00:04 AM »

I would think it's ok. I still plan on posting my 2nd response to the challenge as soon as I get it finished. Right now it's sitting at 1/2 done... :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]