Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Anyone reading books lately...  (Read 25223 times)

Jellicle

• Innocent Bystander
Re: Anyone reading books lately...
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2009, 01:33:33 PM »

I just started reading Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino. Pretty great so far, a lot of incredible descriptions of cities..
It's a weird world don't you know it?
It's a weird world and it won't slow down
It's a weird world no matter how you roll it

http://unmistakableinaweirdworld.blogspot.com www.facebook.c om/gosdie
www.twitter.co m/jellicle1904

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2009, 12:25:15 PM »

I just finished Love Walked In. Any hopeless romantics out there would love it. I didn't so much lol I'm excited to start reading The Hour I first Believe by Wally Lamb! YAY!

I'm a hopeless romantic so I'd probably like it :)

I'm almost finished The Host now and got to say, really loving it!  In the beginning I was ready to give up because it took some getting into, but now, wow!  In fact, I'd love to see it made into a movie as I quite like sci-fi movies :)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »

I almost picked up Love Walked In when I was stuck in the airport the other day. I guess I'll have to read it for sure.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2009, 10:53:25 PM »

Not too long ago, I finished reading "Taking Tuscany" by Renee Riva.

It was pretty good. It was about a teenage girl who's family moved to Italy from the United States.
~ Amy.

Jellicle

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »

Mare!! I just started reading A Thousand Splendid Suns! I'm already halfway through it and it's incredible.. I got drown in it from the first sentence, very real characters, very real situations.. makes my heart ache. I saw the book's thread under the book club but I'm deadly afraid to check it in case of any spoilers LOL.

Amazing book, definitely!

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »

LOL and I recently finished "Cindy Ella" and am now on "Geek Charming" by Robin Palmer. Both very cute.

Man, I am a hopeless dork.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »

Mare!! I just started reading A Thousand Splendid Suns! I'm already halfway through it and it's incredible.. I got drown in it from the first sentence, very real characters, very real situations.. makes my heart ache. I saw the book's thread under the book club but I'm deadly afraid to check it in case of any spoilers LOL.

Amazing book, definitely!

YAY and yes, stay away from that thread because there are a ton of spoilers in there lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2009, 09:32:29 PM »

I am reading the Hours I first believed by Wally Lamb and it's INCREDIBLE. I heart him and want to have twelve of his babies.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Jellicle

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2009, 11:47:59 AM »

^ LMAO, i'm afraid if that number will go up if you read more of his books?

I have around 100 pages left for A Thousand Splendid Suns then I can finally check that thread and share my opinion! :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:52 PM »

I finished reading Dead Before Dark by Charlaine Harris yesterday (read it in a day, it was hard to put down) and now I'm reading the second book, Living Dead in Dallas.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »

I finished The Hour I First believed yesterday and all I have to say is I should have waited to read it because now everything else I have to read just doesn't seem awesome enough lol

Nothing against Happry Potter but I just started the second book and I can't focus on it because all I keep thinking about is how awesome the Wally Lamb book was lol *sigh*

kissesxoxo

• Captain of Commotion
  • Like I Did Before The Storm
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »

1) Is anybody reading anything else other than fan fiction? I am reading both, fanfiction and various books hahha.
Read the first three books in the House of Night Series by PC and Kristin Cast. Book One- Marked, Book Two- Betrayed & Book Three- Chosen, there are more in the series am trying to hunt them down. Read Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Right now reading Eye of The World by Robert Jordan.

2) If so, what authors or books could you reccomend? Anything by Nicholas Sparks, Janet Evanovich, The House of Night Series & Vampire Academy Books, both are vampire series. Rachel Gibson books.

and 3) What is it that gives you an idea for fan fiction? Anything can really, a line from a song, a movie, a book, something in real life. Something from a conversation. My Dreams, it all kindda depends.
Thursday September 9th CW Nikita

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:56 AM »

I'm currently reading Slumdog Millionaire.  I loved the film, so thought I'd give the book a go.  I'm only about 20 pages in so far as I only started reading last night, but so far, so good!

ForeverFrick

• Major Disruption
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2010, 10:38:48 AM »

I'm currently reading Slumdog Millionaire.  I loved the film, so thought I'd give the book a go.  I'm only about 20 pages in so far as I only started reading last night, but so far, so good!

I didn't even realize that movie was based after a book!

I've done that before.  I read Princess Diaries, (some of) The Lord of the Rings, and A Walk To Remember after seeing the movies.  It's always interesting to see how the film and book compare to each other, and what has been changed.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2010, 11:43:21 AM »

I didn't even realize that movie was based after a book!

I've done that before.  I read Princess Diaries, (some of) The Lord of the Rings, and A Walk To Remember after seeing the movies.  It's always interesting to see how the film and book compare to each other, and what has been changed.

I didn't realise until I saw the book a few days ago whilst shopping.  It is interesting to see how the books differ from films, usually the books are better :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10