Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Anyone reading books lately...  (Read 25054 times)

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
Re: Anyone reading books lately...
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »

1) Is anybody reading anything else other than fan fiction? I am!

2) If so, what authors or books could you reccomend? I love older fiction as well as newer too. I just finished Anna Karenina (can never spell that properly lol!) by Leo Tolstoy and I loved it, they don't make novels like that anymore! Also Ulysses is amazing, hard to follow at first because it's stream of consciousness but it's fantastic. Another I would totally recommend is Jane Austen, Persuasion is my personal favorite.

and 3) What is it that gives you an idea for fan fiction? Usually a song or idea or even a line from a book, movie, television show that totally gets me. Like I'm mapping out two stories based on songs. Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes and Unmistakable by BSB
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 10:12:26 PM »

I just started My Sister's Keeper and I LOVE it! It's nothing like I thought it would be. For some reason I thought it was about a sister taking care of a mentally retarded sister lol no idea why.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 11:51:10 PM »

^ What is it about Mare?

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 07:20:18 AM »

It's about a thirteen year old girl who was born primarily to save her sister's life. Her parents made sure she had the perfect genes to help be a bone marrow donor for the sister who has cancer, but now that she needs a new kidney too, the little sister decides she doesn't want to donate it and wants to emancipate from her parents. It's all very interesting and told from everyone's point of view which is what I like most about Jodi Picoult.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 09:41:34 AM »

sounds depressing.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »

It is

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 10:52:48 AM »

Ew. Books.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

BSB-Chick-101♥

• Captain of Commotion
  • I've got it bad...and I've got it good!
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 10:54:04 AM »

Juilly dosent read? ::)
Um, not really much to say. Hi?

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »

Of course not! I don't have time for books!

Seriously though I can't remember the last time I read a novel. I'm too ADD.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2008, 12:04:07 PM »

It's about a thirteen year old girl who was born primarily to save her sister's life. Her parents made sure she had the perfect genes to help be a bone marrow donor for the sister who has cancer, but now that she needs a new kidney too, the little sister decides she doesn't want to donate it and wants to emancipate from her parents. It's all very interesting and told from everyone's point of view which is what I like most about Jodi Picoult.

Sounds good. I should get it.

Ruby Maye

• Fledgling
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 07:47:15 PM »

1) Is anybody reading anything else other than fan fiction?
i just finished "Acheron" by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I'm a really big fan of her "Dark Hunter" series. Acheron is my favorite book by far. And his character is just amazing and i wish he was real. LoL.

2) If so, what authors or books could you reccomend?
For those who are into Paranormal/Vampire romance books, i definitely recommend any of the "Dark Hunter" books by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

3) What is it that gives you an idea for fan fiction?
It usually just comes to me, either through dreams and/or daydreams. Sometimes i get inspired by a book, movie, song or whatever. It all depends. i'm starting to write fiction (not fan fiction) but it's always fun to write fan fiction.

IwantAJ

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 03:27:52 AM »

Let's see I'm really into Stephanie Plum series. Has anyone heard of these books though...I seem to watch and read things no one knows about. Argh!

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
Catch Me When I Fall by Nicci French
A child called it by David Pelzer
Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini

If you have what do you think of them.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »

1) Is anybody reading anything else other than fan fiction?
I'm currently reading a book called 'Sushi For Beginners' by Marian Keyes

2) If so, what authors or books could you reccomend?
I like romance kind of books.  Some of the authors I like are Jilly Cooper, Sophie Kinsella, Cecilia Ahern and Marian Keyes.  Also love Jane Austen.

3) What is it that gives you an idea for fan fiction?
Sometimes dreams, or something I see on TV or in a book will spark an idea in my head.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 09:38:12 PM »

I finally started reading a book! lol

So it's for school, but it's called "The Coquette; or, the History of Eliza Wharton" by Hannah M. Foster. It's told through a series of letters and it kind of reminds me of a cross between Pride and Prejudice and Emma, which are two of my favorite books.

I also like the Eliza is easy to relate to... But maybe that's only because I'm a cock tease too. lol

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I was reading something and enjoying it. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 09:44:34 PM »

I just started another Jodi Piquolt book. The Pact and so far it's really great!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10