Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for October: Satan's Playground by rebellious_one  (Read 12706 times)

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion

Loving the story so far -- and SO looking forward to the next update.

I really enjoy the supernatural shows like "Ghost Hunters" and "Most Haunted" (Most Haunted is C-O-R-N-Y though) and any shows similar.  This one really pulls me in.  I agree with Honey, I'd love to read more about what the guys are feeling during their experiences... really get into their heads during the scariest moments, but so far I'm hooked  ;D
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into

^Aww, thanks hun!! And I love "Ghost Hunters" too, that show really freaks me out!! I'm working on delving into the guys' psyche, but I'm trying to figure out a way to transition smoothly into it. Like I said, this is something I'll more than likely be revising/rewriting, so thanks for all this feedback. I'm really happy that you're enjoying it though, and thanks again. :)
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

Okay, I'm hoping I can post another update either by tonight or tomorrow, just in time for my birthday!! Lol. But um... I'm kinda having a hard time because I'm not really transitioning smoothly into tapping into the guys' emotions. :(

**EDIT**
Update is up and running. :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 04:45:50 AM by rebellious_one »
~Me

MonkeyAbu

I agree that I would like to see more tappage into the Boys' emotions, but you're gettin' there, so don't worry too much about it. A quick transition may actually do more harm to the story then good. A slow smooth transition should do it justice. Don't rush it.

I gotta say that I absolutely enjoy your vivid creative imagination when it comes to the premise of this whole story, especially the recent chapter when Brian entered the chapel. I know I said it in the review, but the way you described it really allowed me the chance to visualize to the point where I felt like I was walking into that chapel right along with Brian. What I want to know is did you have any inspiration for how you described the detail of the chapel? Or was it purely something you pulled out of your imagination? Because dude, you know me...if it was real, I would so go there. Yes, I am kinda psychotic like that...

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion

Okay, I'm hoping I can post another update either by tonight or tomorrow, just in time for my birthday!! Lol. But um... I'm kinda having a hard time because I'm not really transitioning smoothly into tapping into the guys' emotions. :(

**EDIT**
Update is up and running. :)

Awesome update!  Very exciting and captivating.  I think you're doing a good job at transitioning.  It is hard and I agree with monkey -- I think the slower, smoother transition like you're doing will be much more effective then going it too quickly. 

I really look forward to reading more  ;)
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

I agree that I would like to see more tappage into the Boys' emotions, but you're gettin' there, so don't worry too much about it. A quick transition may actually do more harm to the story then good. A slow smooth transition should do it justice. Don't rush it.

I gotta say that I absolutely enjoy your vivid creative imagination when it comes to the premise of this whole story, especially the recent chapter when Brian entered the chapel. I know I said it in the review, but the way you described it really allowed me the chance to visualize to the point where I felt like I was walking into that chapel right along with Brian. What I want to know is did you have any inspiration for how you described the detail of the chapel? Or was it purely something you pulled out of your imagination? Because dude, you know me...if it was real, I would so go there. Yes, I am kinda psychotic like that...

Yah, for some reason I was having THEE hardest time trying to do a smooth transition, but it's slowly coming along pretty well... I think, lol. It'll only be a matter of time before I tap into their emotions... those bizzles keep running away from me, lol. As for the vivid creativeness, I'm trying and I'm actually shocked and happy that a lot of people are picking up on that, lol. Of course, I can never be satisfied with anything I do for some reason, but when I have intentions to convey something or to have readers perceive something a certain way and it actually gets through to the reader that way and they give me positive feedback on how they received it, that really makes me happy. Whenever I detail scenes and whatnot, I always see it visually play out in my head, where everything is at and what it looks like, etc. As for the whole chapel scene, that was something that I pulled straight from my imagination, lol. I mean, I think my mind was trying to visualize your typical rundown chapel, the only difference was the satanic star painted on the floor and George crucified on the cross, lol. To tell you the truth, I actually had NO intentions of Brian stumbling across George's corpse nailed to the cross and the star, I didn't intend for the "ritual site" to be in that chapel, but as I was writing that story, those thoughts kinda popped into my head and I thought, "Well, this direction would work really well for the story" and I just ran with that. Originally, I wanted this to be the point where Brian broke down emotionally and just started bawling at what he experienced, but then I thought against it, I didn't even want Brian to shed a tear, lol. I just wanted him to be completely numb, his body and mind in total shock because this dare is only day three, we have four days to work with so... I gotta think of a reason why the guys' are still staying there, participating in this stupid thing and try to figure out who will convince Brian and how they'll convince him. Gosh, I've got a lot of thinking to do, lol.
~Me

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

Awesome update!  Very exciting and captivating.  I think you're doing a good job at transitioning.  It is hard and I agree with monkey -- I think the slower, smoother transition like you're doing will be much more effective then going it too quickly. 

I really look forward to reading more  ;)

Aww, thanks sooo much for your feedback hun!! Means a lot to me!! And yah, a quick transition will definitely throw everyone off and kinda just ruin it, so I'll be making that slow transition, lol. But thanks for reading and reviewing!! :)
~Me

MonkeyAbu

As for the whole chapel scene, that was something that I pulled straight from my imagination, lol. I mean, I think my mind was trying to visualize your typical rundown chapel, the only difference was the satanic star painted on the floor and George crucified on the cross, lol. To tell you the truth, I actually had NO intentions of Brian stumbling across George's corpse nailed to the cross and the star, I didn't intend for the "ritual site" to be in that chapel, but as I was writing that story, those thoughts kinda popped into my head and I thought, "Well, this direction would work really well for the story" and I just ran with that. Originally, I wanted this to be the point where Brian broke down emotionally and just started bawling at what he experienced, but then I thought against it, I didn't even want Brian to shed a tear, lol.

LoL, don't you just love it when a story takes on a mind of it's own and you're kinda stuck sitting there thinking, wait a minute, I had this planned in a totally different way, but your story is sitting there saying no no uh uh. We're doing things my way.

That's very interesting to know, what you explained about Brian's chapel scene. Him discovering George's corpse nailed to the cross worked wonderfully and gave the story an even creepier edge then it already has. And having Brian be completely numb after that experience is the right path to go. I don't think having him break down would flow right. Let him stay emotionless. It's about time he stops acting like a pussy in fanfic. Haha. jk.

Maybe now George will leave Kevin alone and possess Brian instead? Seriously, will Kevin remain possessed for the rest of the story? I think there should be a dual possession. What do you think? Heck, you might as well just have Dean and Sam come rushing in to save the day. *le sigh* Dean Winchester... *coughs* Whoops, wrong thread?

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion

I'm doing the update dance over here -- update update update!  ;D ;)

As you can tell... I'm looking forward to an update!
-- Rachel --

-- Mitch Album

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion

Haha. I'm hoping I can crank out an update sometime this week. As a matter of fact, I think I'll work on it today because I'm getting off of work early today. :) Thanks a lot hun!!
~Me

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion

Haha. I'm hoping I can crank out an update sometime this week. As a matter of fact, I think I'll work on it today because I'm getting off of work early today. :) Thanks a lot hun!!

Lol... well seriously though... I fell over dead from dancing too long.

Still anxiously awaiting that update -- though I totally understand the whole busy with work thing -- I have to start working 60 hour weeks for the holidays next week and I'm SOOOOOOoooo not looking forward to it!

Let me know when you get around to updating.  I'm gonna go sit down and rest my feet.  ;D
-- Rachel --

-- Mitch Album

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Hrmm...

Your questions for Ashley and company have been so good I am having a hard time trying to think of more. lol

How about this? Tell us one thing to expect in an upcoming chapter that might surprise us.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem

Yay!! Congrats Rebby. Sorry I'm a little late. My little boy is keeping me very busy as you know. I love this story. And I just want to say that I have no idea what this MTV show called "Fear" is. hmmm...
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

There's only two days left for this month, any last questions or comments to Rebby?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

MonkeyAbu

Yeah, I've got another question...

WHEN CAN WE EXPECT ANOTHER FLIPPIN' UPDATE DUDE?! >:(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5