Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Let's have a discussion about fanfic!  (Read 1835 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Let's have a discussion about fanfic!
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:15:00 AM »

I get sad that this part of the GD board isn't as active as Bingo, so... Let's discuss!

1. What's the craziest plot line you ever thought of, and did you write it? How did it change between the idea and the product?

2. What's something you've never seen in fanfic, but wished you had?

3. What's the one thing you never want to see again?

4. Any ideas floating in your head right now?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Let's have a discussion about fanfic!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:06:46 PM »

1. What's the craziest plot line you ever thought of, and did you write it? How did it change between the idea and the product?
That's a really good question since it's me LOL. In the fanfic world, probably the 00Carter and it's episodes. Ice Ice Baby wins since the basis came from random penguin babble, but I think "Small World" when it's finished is a pretty crazy mini plot too.

As you know lol, it became more comedic than originally planned, and crazier, but in a good way.

More solo story based I'd say would either be "Born To Be" or "Divisions Of Reality", both of those stories have pretty out there plot lines.

Honestly? I'd love to see someone write a PI detective fic, done in a old serial style. Maybe Dick Tracey ish? I'd love to see possibly AJ or Nick in that role. It could be exciting, smooth, romantic... or involving something bigger, or alien, and all 50's b-movie styled.

I am sick of the abused girl, the girl bands, and almost romance in general. Seeing AC swamped in it actually made me lose some inspiration for my own romance fics and turn back to my fantasy/sci fis/action stories.

Yep, I've got one that's really really mean to Nick that I wrote down today lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »

Yay to this thread Dee but bingo deserves all the love it gets as well! I heart Bingo! lol

Hrmm...crazies t plotline was when I decided to be a genius and write a story from finish to start. It was one of the hardest things i've ever done and the story made next to no sense but it I thought it was hilarious! lmao because apparently I crack myself up.

Hrmm...I don't know if thete's anything new i've yet to see tha I want to beside maybe more Au's with the boys as actual brothers.

Pretty much anything visual or overly cliche which is most of fanfic these days.

Always lol Including a turn in a nonturnable story.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »

I started a Bsb/Harry Potter crossover once LMAO.  No one knows about that; it obviously never made it online.  It was a "bored at work" idea back when I was in high school and had the most boring, brainless monkey work summer job ever.  My two favorite things ever were Bsb and Harry Potter, so I tried to combine them in fanfic!  It seemed really silly at first, but then I thought of a way to actually do it seriously and stay true to both universes, so I gave it a shot.  It didn't get very far, but it was fun for a few chapters LOL.

A Bsb/Harry Potter crossover?  LMAO!  I dunno... usually when there's something I've never seen in fanfic but want to, I write it myself; that's how I get ideas LOL.  So I don't really know right now.

Another fic about Nick and his named-after-the-author girlfriend and their love/hate relationship full of cutesy banter and cheating and sex and babies and melodrama!  Gah!

I have a few ideas in there, but I just started a new story a few weeks ago, so I'm focusing on that and 00Carter right now.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling