Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee  (Read 16073 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured story of the Month for January 2009: Life According to Baylee
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »

I have a great Oprah type question for you!

If Brian was able to write a note to Nick from beyond the grave, what would he say about the way Baylee was raised? Write us a little letter as dead Brian :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 11:20:45 PM »

Alrighty...I had to do a lot of thinking, on this, but here's my best shot. I hope that it is what you were looking for!

Hey Nicky-

I know this might seem a bit odd, to you, but I was granted permission to contact you. Don’t ask me how I pulled it off…because you know I ain’t got a clue! Doesn’t THAT remind you of our early Backstreet years? We always scored extra breaks and special treatment…but never understood how we managed to do it. Anyways…that’s not what this letter is for.

I’ve seen you be, way too, hard on yourself these past 6 1/2 years. Man, I can’t even believe that it’s been that long! You’ve been second guessing yourself, Nick, and that’s something I never wanted you to do. I know that our accident, and gaining Baylee’s custody, sent a shockwave through your life. I’d say that I’m sorry…but the truth, of the matter, is that I’m not sorry, in the least. I was confident in my choice then, and I still am, now.

You and Baylee have been through a lot, over the years, and you’ve never bailed, on him. I’m very proud of how Baylee has grown up and matured. Sure, he’s a little brat, sometimes, but, if you recall…you were quite the little brat, yourself! Don’t get me wrong…I wouldn’t condone some of the things that he’s done or said…but, overall and aside from your language, I think you’ve handled it all pretty well.

You need to loosen up, though, Nick. Maybe you don’t see it…but, sometimes his attitude stems from you being so uptight and over protective. Now, I appreciate you taking care of my boy and protecting him as best as you can, but, like you told Kevin, I never wanted you to turn into him…he’s a kill joy. Please go back to your old self, because it would make things a lot easier and much happier, for both of you and I bet you two wouldn’t yell, at each other, so much.

Nicky…I need you to know that I have never, once, doubted you. When I put your name, on that will, I never expected you to be perfect. You were my partner, in crime, for many years…who knew you better than I did? I didn’t take the decision lightly and even though it threw you, for a loop…you were the right choice, and I wouldn’t change it. I’m very proud of you, Nick. I have been the whole time, and it’s not about to change. Just be yourself, Nick, and you’ll always make me proud.

I love you, blondie, and I’ll always be watching over you.

- Brian

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 02:15:22 PM »

Just got around to reading this story, I'm up to Chapter 5 and really enjoying it so far.   ;D

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 10:05:04 PM »

Just got around to reading this story, I'm up to Chapter 5 and really enjoying it so far.   ;D

Yay Steph, you'll really enjoy it.

Kris, that letter was awesome, it's so Brian-ish!  ;)
;)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »

Yup, that was a great reply. :) Well done.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 01:18:55 AM »

Steph...Thanks for deciding to try it out...I saw your reviews, too! I hope that you continue to enjoy it.

Er...Thanks for listening to me vent, while I tried to write that. I'm glad it came out as good as it did. lol. I had no clue what to write!

Mare...I'm glad it was ok. That was a nice question and it gave me a challenge!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2009, 02:17:04 PM »

I'm sorry you hed to vent when doing it lol I didn't mean it to turn into a homework assignment but i'm glad that in the end it gave you a nice challenge.

This one is a lot easier, I promise lol

Is there anything in this story that you regret writing? Or if you had the chance to go back and change you would?

And about how many more chapters do you have until it's done?

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2009, 02:33:33 PM »

LOL...It wasn't a bad venting, Mare.

As far as anything I regret...I second guess myself, a lot, on how far I took Kevin out of character. Sometimes, I sit and try to think of another route I could have taken, with him. That's really the only thing I've regretted, on occasion, but I don't think I would change it...heck, I don't think I could, even if I wanted to, because it's such a major part of the story!

How many chapters are left...LMFAO.. .not a clue! I'd say that it is well over half done, though. I write chapter by chapter and, sometimes, I think something will get done in one chapter, but it ends up taking two, so there's really no way of telling for sure.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2009, 02:35:50 PM »

^ yup, that's me too. I can never actually pinpoint when something is going to be done and when I try to do it, I fail miserably. lol

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2009, 02:58:59 PM »

WHOOT...I'm not the only one! Lol. I commend those that can outline everything and know exactly how many chapters it will take, because I suck at that!  [color]

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »

haha that's me. I'm pretty anal about outlining. I usually know exactly what happens in which chapter. The only I'm ever wrong, is when a chapter turns out to be longer than I thought it would be and I end up splitting it.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Chaos

• Villiage Idiot
  • Almighty Ruler
  • Minion of Mayhem
  • Defy Reality
    • Absolute Chaos
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 04:08:45 PM »

I always outline before I start, but erm...I have this horrible habit of not sticking to it. I can crank out chapters a lot faster when I force myself to stick to "the plan" but I find when I'm writing, I end up going in a direction I didn't initially think of but that I like better and inevitably it has a ripple effect that causes me to have to change things later in the fic, too...

Or worse, in the case(s) of many of my older unfinished fics that I'm now finally starting to work on again--I had complete outlines, but I've erm...misplace d them, and don't really remember exactly where some of them were going...lol.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »

I have never outlined a thing. lol I always fly blind. I mean I know where i'm going but not exactly sure how long it will take me to get there.

Kristal i'm curious, how do you picture Baylee older? Still all curly and smaller than normal? What is his age in your story and give us a quick little description of what he looks like.

alota_cookin

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »

Baylee is 15, in the story.

He is still a blonde mass of curls, he even describes his hair as 'the same haircut I've had all my life'. I don't believe I have ever mentioned his exact height...but he's fairly tall. He plays basketball, football, and runs every morning with his best friend...so he has that skinny, yet muscular, kind of build.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2009, 09:36:11 PM »

It's weird trying to picture Baylee that old. lol I just see that small kid's head on a teenagers body.

Guys there's only one more week left to feature this one, so if anyone has any questions for Kristal, now's the time!

How about I pose this to the LATB readers.

Tell us what your favorite scene of this story has been and why?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5