Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for February 2009 : Casual by cabybakes  (Read 11105 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: Featured Story of the Month for February 2009 : Casual by cabybakes
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 01:11:02 AM »

yeah, the columns are great! Very insightful, and well integrated into the story. And yeah, every two weeks... I remember those days. *sigh*
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 08:57:26 AM »

I'm up to Chapter 5 now and really enjoying it, been reading in work today and could hardly drag myself away to actually get my work done!  It'll take some time, but I'll eventually get up to date :)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 02:07:30 PM »

^^
Thanks, ladies :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 08:32:58 PM »

Here's a little question for you on behalf of Valentine's Day. What would Quinn's idea of a perfect Valentine's Day present from Nick be?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 09:27:31 PM »

^ hahaha nothing? Cause that would imply some sort of commitment, and she might have to admit to being in a relationship. (That's just my guess. I'll let Darby answer the question now.  ;D
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »

Well if she was thinking to herself and not verbalizing to anyone then? LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 09:27:35 AM »

OK...those of you who are caught up know that Quinn has received gifts, although somewhat ackwardly/uncomfortably from Nick...

That said, Quinn wouldn't want a tangible "gift" from Nick, but more something to do with time...maybe a weekend away someplace private where she can let go a bit?  She seems to do better when there are no outside influences...a nd her and Nick are most happy when they are in their little bubble.  If it was something tangible, the gifts that are high in sentimental value would mean the most to her (ie: the ring her Dad gave her for Christmas), not necessarily the most pricey things...

So, Kelly, you are right, in a way :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »

Argh! I had a quesiton for you that I wanted to post when I posted the Valentine's one and I figured, "Nah, i'll wait and do it separately," And of course now I can't remember what it was! lol

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 01:03:05 PM »

Argh! I had a quesiton for you that I wanted to post when I posted the Valentine's one and I figured, "Nah, i'll wait and do it separately," And of course now I can't remember what it was! lol

Ha!  That kind of thing happens to me ALL the time!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 03:13:54 PM »

I still can't remember what it was lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2009, 08:36:48 PM »

I remembered my question finally!

If you could pick one of your characters, besides Quinn or Nick to have a spin off story which one would it be and why?

You're probably thinking, I waited all this time for that? lmao

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2009, 10:49:59 PM »

I remembered my question finally!

If you could pick one of your characters, besides Quinn or Nick to have a spin off story which one would it be and why?

You're probably thinking, I waited all this time for that? lmao

Of course not...its a good question!  At one time, I considered doing one about Riley, Quinn's assistant, it would be very "girl tries to make it big" and definitely original fiction.  After a recent chapter, I thought about something similar with Courtney...she mentioned testing Quinn's "casual theory" and having very different results...that could be fun too, and again, it would be original fiction. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »

Very cool. I thought you might pick Riley and lmao because I just realized that I asked you that question earlier on. Oh my gosh, I swear that I have no more memory. It's very very sad.

We are in the last few days of Casual month, so now's the time to ask any questions you can think of to Darby.

I ask everyone this question, but do you have a favorite quote or scene from your story? Anything you are particularly proud of?

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2009, 09:44:41 AM »

Very cool. I thought you might pick Riley and lmao because I just realized that I asked you that question earlier on. Oh my gosh, I swear that I have no more memory. It's very very sad.

We are in the last few days of Casual month, so now's the time to ask any questions you can think of to Darby.

I ask everyone this question, but do you have a favorite quote or scene from your story? Anything you are particularly proud of?

Ha - I didn't even realize that I had already answered that question Mare.  I am sad that my month is almost over.  I hope to update one more time before it is but that may be wishful thinking :o)...again, thank you!!!

It is really hard to pick a favorite scene or quote from Casual...every time I write a new chapter it becomes my favorite because the story is progressing and new things are happening.  Right now, the last two chapters stick out in my mind...mostly because we are FINALLY really getting Nick's perspective and starting to see his issues.  I love the chapter with Howie's wedding in it.  I also am really proud fo the columns...one that sticks out in my mind is the one about about the thrill of the chase...that is one of my favorites...I really have fun with the columns.  I will admit I am a little stuck on the one I am writing at the moment, which has never happened to me before. 

Last call for questions!!!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »

I'm glad you enjoyed your month and i'm also happy to see that you have updated while the month was going on.

Thanks for letting me feature you! :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4