Fic Talk > General Discussion

Writing music

(1/2) > >>

RokofAges75:
We may have had a thread like this before, but if so, it's been awhile, so I thought I'd start one [again?].

Who likes to listen to music as they write?  And for those who do, what do you usually listen to?  Do you have any recommendation s?  Are you looking for recommendation s of a certain type of music yourself?

RokofAges75:
I don't always listen to music when I write; sometimes it can be distracting, but other times, it actually helps me focus and get inspired.  I usually stick to classical and instrumental stuff; I can only listen to songs with words if I'm really on a roll with the story already, cause otherwise I just get distracted and sing along instead of write LOL.

I have a whole folder/playlist of "writing music" - some classical stuff, instrumental versions of songs, movie scores, and that kind of thing.  I pick what to listen to based on the tone of the part I'm trying to write... is it sad and angsty, suspenseful and dramatic, gooey and romantic?  I'm writing scary, action-packed stuff now, so I'm trying to boost my collection of music to go with that, without being too loud and distracting.  Any recommendation s?  I have a ton of the sad and romantic stuff if anyone wants any recommendation s for that!

mare:
I can't listen to anything at all when I write. I need it 100% quiet. lol

RokofAges75:
That's how I ended up being tonight too LOL.  Nothing really fit what I was trying to write, so silence ended up being best.

cabybakes:
I can't listen to anything either, I get too distracted if I do...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version