Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Finishing a Story  (Read 2406 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Finishing a Story
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:05 PM »

So I just finished Remember Me This Way, and although I'm happy I've finally done it...part of me is kinda sad about it too. Just because I know I'm going to miss writing it. But I'm feeling accomplished right now all the same. I get like this anytime I finish something though.

How do you guys feel when you finally finish a story?
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Finishing a Story
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 09:38:44 PM »

Congrats Rose! I'm looking forwad to reading it but i'm going to wait until tomorrow because i'm too tired and I want to be fully focused on nearly mindless Nick. LL

I get somber too when i'm done with a story. It makes sense because you invest so much time and energy into creating these situations and characters that when it's done you miss them. You could always right a sequel lmao ;)

Seriously though, I think that's when people make that critical mistake of not letting go and writing sequels.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »

Thanks!

And :P lmao. I can see that, not wanting to let go. I'm definitely a bit :( about it. I have the notes open for the other story I was working on, but I probably won't be able to focus on that tonight.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 09:47:33 PM »

I know i'll miss it. I need you to write a nice group suspense story soon!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 09:53:40 PM »

Holy Cannoli! I didn't realize you posted a bunch of new chapters. I was wondering how you already managed to end it after the last chapter you posted. I was just thinking wow this last one is going to be epically long lol then of course I went right to the epilogue because, well I thought that was the next chapter and got confused lmao your story makes my brain go goopy!

I should have just posted this in your update thread lol

Ah well...the moral of this story is, Mare is still reading everything tomorrow. :)

*wanders off naked*

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »

Holy Cannoli! I didn't realize you posted a bunch of new chapters. I was wondering how you already managed to end it after the last chapter you posted. I was just thinking wow this last one is going to be epically long lol then of course I went right to the epilogue because, well I thought that was the next chapter and got confused lmao your story makes my brain go goopy!

I should have just posted this in your update thread lol

Ah well...the moral of this story is, Mare is still reading everything tomorrow. :)

*wanders off naked*

LMFAO omg Mare...I love you.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 11:35:24 PM »

I finished my story When I Grow Up today. It feels good but at the same time I will miss it. Its hard to describe.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 03:18:54 AM »

Congratulation s, both of you!!

I always feel the same way.  Finishing a story gives me a tremendous feeling of accomplishment, especially when it's a story I've been working on a long time, but that makes it even more bittersweet.  Once you're done relishing in the reviews you get for the end of the story, you're like, "Okay... now what?"  It can be hard to go back to another story or start something new.  But still, finishing something is awesome!!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:41 AM »

Congrats Rose and Tracy for finishing your stories.

I couldn't believe I woke up to find RMTW complete, enjoyed having a few chapters to read even if I am a blubbering mess after reading.

I always feel a mixture of happiness and sadness when I finish a story.  It's a great feeling to finish writing a story I've been working on for a while.

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »

Congrats, ladies!  Such a great moment!

As for me, my feeling varies...I used to feel excited for the next project back in the day.  When I recently finished Casual, I felt relieved bc it was TIME to let go of those characters.  Now, I feel ready to start something new but can't jump on it.  I had some mojo right after I finished and wrote a couple of chapters of a new idea but it was fleeting...

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

It can be so hard to get going on a new story.  Getting started is the worst part!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 03:59:42 PM »

^ I agree! Just motivating yourself to go ahead and do it is toughest I think.