Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What's everyone writing these days?  (Read 4830 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: What's everyone writing these days?
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »

2. Song for the Undead. It even has its own website! (Yes, I am always reading the story on dreamers-sanctuary.com hehe :)) Like I said in a review, I can play the story in my head like a movie. I can imagine every little thing. By the way, I bought a zombie movie just because it was on the list of things that inspired that story haha! I forgot the name but it was about a bunch of boys and girls who are filming an amateur horror movie. And the whole movie is from the point of the camera. I hated the open end though.
Oh, I'm getting off track. Anyway, I love this story so much. Definitely gonna be one of my favourites! By the way, I have to mention that I love the fact how each person has a unique personality! (I think Nick and Riley are cute together lol)

3. 00Carter. I have read maybe 3 or 5 chapters. I need to continue reading this story very soon because it has been a few weeks since I read this for the last time. But I already love it and it seems hilarious but above all, very promising! Also this story has its own website! I still crack up about the section where you read about the characters and it's like you broke in their system lol. When this message appeared that they got me and stuff, I was looking like " :o" first but then cracked up. That was brilliant!  :-\ Oh and I love the introduction vid hehe.
Anyway, I can't say much about this story yet, except for the fact that I love LancyBassy!

Wow, thank you SO much! I love hearing feedback on anything I write (or in this case, help write). It's so encouraging to know that people enjoy what we put out there. Especially with 00Carter, cause we wonder sometimes if we're the only ones who find ourselves funny LOL. So seriously, thank you. This post totally made me grin.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 10:27:15 PM »

1. Is there a story that you're writing that you're particularly excited about? Tell us all about it.
Song For The Undead, I'm writing it with Julie, who's already mentioned it. It's just so fun writing about the undead and all that follows LOL. And 00Carter, my other collab love, cause really, how do you not love writing about BSB as secret agents? There's a 3rd story on this list, but it's gonna be awhile before I put it out there. It's as of now simply an idea I've outlined and researched, but as soon as something is finished, it's going out there. I may start writing it soon, but not post it. I'm pretty excited about that.

2. Is there a story that you're STUCK on right now? Tell us all about it.
Any of my posted solo stories? I've hit a funk lol. I seriously think it's a lack of time between the collabs, school and work. So maybe it's not so much stuck as lacking motivation.

3. Is there a story you're reading right now? Tell us all about it.
There's a few, but none of them have been updated in awhile. :(

4. Is there a story that you wish you were reading but they haven't updated in forever? Tell us all about it
Fan Friction! You hear this Kelly! Supernatural horror, fanfic deaths happening for real...it's awesome, but ya know someone...*pokes* hasn't updated in forever. Or Yesterday's Blue Skies. That was one of my fave sci fis ever in fanfic and I don't think it'll ever be updated. :(
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 08:00:13 AM »

Aww thanks so much to everyone who mentioned my story Ten Things, I'm really enjoying writing it :)

And the 007 Carter story is one that I've been meaning to check out and haven't got around to yet, but I will.

TheDistantHeart

• Major Disruption
  • Would you risk it for a chocolate biscuit?
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 02:00:56 PM »

Wow, thank you so much!!  We so appreciate our AC reviews, but we don't get any feedback outside of AC, so I didn't know people even read the stories on my site off of AC these days.  Good to know! :)  I love AC, but I had fun putting together those websites too LOL.  Anyway, thanks so much for all your comments; seeing this post totally made my night!!  :)

And "Diary of the Dead"!  That's the movie you bought, right?  That's awesome!  I thought it was cool movie, better than I thought it would be.  The zombie clown was my favorite!  LMAO

Yes! The movie is called Diary of the Dead! I didn't even doubt buying it when I saw it in the shelves. I loved the zombie clown too!  :-\
I just have to see the movies and stuff that inspired this great story. :) Besides, I love horror and especially zombie movies hehe. *devil horns* By the way, have you seen REC. ?? That's one of the scariest zombie movies I've ever seen.  :hidesface:

And you're welcome, also to Rose and Carter-Orange. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 02:04:17 PM by TheDistantHeart »

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 04:09:49 PM »

Yes! The movie is called Diary of the Dead! I didn't even doubt buying it when I saw it in the shelves. I loved the zombie clown too!  :-\
I just have to see the movies and stuff that inspired this great story. :) Besides, I love horror and especially zombie movies hehe. *devil horns* By the way, have you seen REC. ?? That's one of the scariest zombie movies I've ever seen.  :hidesface:

I just looked up REC (I wasn't sure if that was the real title or an abbreviation of one of the Resident Evil movies LOL - hadn't heard of it!) and found the IMDB page for it.  The synopsis made it sound like a movie that was released here in the states a year or two ago called Quaratine - turns out, Quarantine is a remake of this and apparently not as good.  I thought Quarantine was pretty cool, so I'll have to see if I can hands on a copy sometime.

I'm still a big fan of the original Night of the Living Dead - somehow, the simplicity of it and the black and white makes it a lot creepier than the modern fast-zombie movies.  Also the zombie comedies - Shaun of the Dead is a good one, and I just saw Zombieland, which was awesome too.  I still need to see the original Dawn of the Dead... I finally added it to my Blockbuster queue.  I saw the remake, and that was okay, but I bet the original is better.  Slow zombies trump fast zombies!

And sorry guys, I think we're hijacking this thread... we need to start a zombie appreciation thread or something LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 08:24:25 PM »

1. Is there a story that you're writing that you're particularly excited about? Tell us all about it.
I am writing nothing right now.  I am going to attempt to finish Best of Both Worlds one of these days.

2. Is there a story that you're STUCK on right now? Tell us all about it.
Um, all of them? LOL I was writing Best of Both Worlds and then I just kind of stopped and had zero motivation. 

3. Is there a story you're reading right now? Tell us all about it.
I haven't read anything new in forever either.  I wish I had motivation to do that too!

4. Is there a story that you wish you were reading but they haven't updated in forever? Tell us all about it.
I was reading Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon and Casual.  I think everyone on here knows about these ones since they have both been featured but I love them and think everyone should read them.

I de-hijacked the thread...wooho o?
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 [2]