Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fanfic trends  (Read 6213 times)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
Re: Fanfic trends
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 01:05:59 AM »

For sure, but would you ever write a fic ABOUT a fictional wife without having the BSB as a main character?

No, because to me that wouldn't be a BSB fanfic.  It would be original fiction if made up characters are the main focus of the story and BSB only get a mention.

yorkielover88

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2010, 12:31:08 PM »

No, because to me that wouldn't be a BSB fanfic.  It would be original fiction if made up characters are the main focus of the story and BSB only get a mention.

What is bsb is a major part in the story but they are not the main focus? 

for example...

It's told in Nick's wife's pov but its the story of her coping with his crazy life.

so he would be in it allot but he would not be the main person.

Would it still be bsb fan fiction? simply because they have a major part in it. I would say so.

Personally anything where any bsb member has a big part in it in my book is bsb fan fiction.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »

I think what everyone means is that as long as BSB are in it and are main characters along with the other characters, then it's BSB fiction.  If it's about someone else and one of the guys is only mentioned in conversation, it's more original fiction.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 12:59:38 PM »

I dunno, I have to say I disagree with most everyone. I think that if BSB are characters in it, then it's a fanfic. I think it should be considered fanfic if there's any question of legality issues if the book were to be published.
~ Amy.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 01:07:42 PM »

I've read books where they mention someone famous within the story, but it's not fanfic.

I guess as long as people are enjoying what they are reading/writing, then it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »

But I'm not talking about just a mention of the famous person. I'm talking about them being a character. Even someone like Leighanne.... she has fans, so I think it's still considered fanfic.

But like you said, Steph, it really doesn't matter.
~ Amy.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010, 05:52:41 PM »

I don't know it's kind of like those movies where they say starring Leo Dicaprio! (or any genereic big movie star) and everyone goes to see the movie and it turns out Leo is only in it for 30 seconds. If I went to go see the movie because I thought it was a Leo movie and he wasn't really the focal point, i'd be pissed. Would you still consider that a Leo movie? Even if he was only in it for 30 seconds? I know I wouldn't.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »

I would consider it Backstreet Boys fanfic if the fact that the original character was related to a backstreet boy was important.  If say, Howie was just their parent and Howie could just as easily be replaced with an average joe with minimal impact to the overall plot then I would say it's not BSB fiction.  However, if the story was about Howie's son dealing with the fact that Howie was a backstreet boy and kids sang I Want It That Way all the time to tease him, I'd be more likely to classify that as BSB fiction.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010, 06:25:16 PM »

But I'm not talking about just a mention of the famous person. I'm talking about them being a character. Even someone like Leighanne.... she has fans, so I think it's still considered fanfic.

But like you said, Steph, it really doesn't matter.

Leighanne is a real person though. We're talking about original characters, fictional people.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010, 06:28:44 PM »

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green
Pages: 1 2 [3]