Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: favorite scenes/chapters  (Read 9485 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: favorite scenes/chapters
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »

First of all, thanks for the Broken/BMS mentions!  Julilly, I thought of the car accident scene too... that one was intense to write!

Second, I agree with everyone who said the part where Kevin tells Nick in RMTW!

I'm finding, like everyone else, that it's hard to remember specific parts... I remember more just flashes of things that I liked from the stories.  Like Mare, the priest with the lobster claw hand in It Stays With You.  That always stuck with me cause it was creepy and different. 

Julilly, the parts where Nick is inside the girlfriend's dead body in Hawk and Handsaw... again, creepy, but awesome! LOL

Sarah, I remember that short story you wrote that was inspired by "Poster Girl" and how I liked it because it was so dark and different for a Brian story.  The end of it is the part that stands out most.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

myconfession

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 12:28:40 PM »

LMAO! I did answer pretty quickly didn't I? lol  I already knew mine because I just wrote the chapter week before last I think it was and had already told my readers it was probably my favorite thing I've written to date.

My memory is for crap too... I finally got one of my best friends, who is a BSB fan, to read "I Wanna Be Bad" and I've caught myself reading it.... I forgot half the crap in there.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »

AHH! Everytime I try to post in here I keep getting kicked off of my computer! LOL maybe it doesn't want me to post?

Anyway, thanks Julie for the lobster clawed priest mention lol and i'm sure anyone who hasn't read It Stays is all WTFing? right now.

I finally think I figured out what my favorite chapters are. I really wanted to pull something from Fly Fishing because I really loved writing that one the most out of all of my stories but I couldn't really think of anything that stood out. Next to that, my favorite things to write are the funny chapters. And kind of like what Rose was saying. I think my best stuff was in my collab story. In particular the Musical chapter. It was fun trying to come up with all the songs for that one.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4359&textsize=0&chapter=13

A chapter that sticks out in my mind as a fun one to write by just me, was the Bring on the Stunt Sandwich chapter from Why I'd do it all Again. I cracked myself up with that one lol sad, but true. The chapter previous to that one had Nick and Paris getting into a huge fight and in this one, he gets so angry she hasn't called that he flings his phone across the room and it falls out the window. When he stretches to try to get it, he falls out the window as well and on top of a sandwich.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=4981&textsize=0&chapter=28

By far the hardest chapter for me to write was from Seasons of Change the birthday chapter because it was me from start to finish. Everything just substitute mom instead of dad. Great therapy but overall hard to write.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2328&textsize=0&chapter=15

So there ya go! I have really taken a long time looking up this stuff instead of writing like I should be doing lol I will be back with more scenes and thoughts from other people's fics later though!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 12:43:08 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »

LMAO! I did answer pretty quickly didn't I? lol  I already knew mine because I just wrote the chapter week before last I think it was and had already told my readers it was probably my favorite thing I've written to date.

My memory is for crap too... I finally got one of my best friends, who is a BSB fan, to read "I Wanna Be Bad" and I've caught myself reading it.... I forgot half the crap in there.

LOL I'm glad i'm not the only one with a crappy memory!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »

One of my fave stories from you ever was Fly Fishing. That whole story was epic. I love the sandwich scene from Why though LMAO. I died laughing, and that part where Nick's carrying mcdonalds when he's supposed to be dieting, spots the fellas in a restaurant and bolts LMAO.

Julilly, I'm with Sarah, Nick's goodbye to Brian in H&H was pretty awesome.

Julie, your Undead chapter, and the choppage chapter are two faves of mine. Undead was simply how flawless you pulled that off. Choppage, was well, I was in shock that you not only did it, but you did it well.

Julie, that Sarah story, that's that really dark Brian short right? I loved that one!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 01:16:17 PM »

And thank you guys, about RMTW. :) I love the Kevin scenes.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 02:18:46 PM »

Wow. I totally forgot about Poster Girl. I guess that's what happens when you write a lot and then forget about if for two years lol But thank you guys! If I remember right, that was one that not a lot of people had read, but I'm glad I did a good enough job that it stuck with you :)

Psh. Rose. I told you how much I love RMTW and how awesome your writing is!

I'm seriously going to have to add Undead to my list of stories to read! There's so many!
Sarah

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 03:03:58 PM »

I still have no idea what I'd pick as mine.  I have a crap memory when it comes to my own writing!

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2010, 04:24:26 PM »

Julilly, the parts where Nick is inside the girlfriend's dead body in Hawk and Handsaw... again, creepy, but awesome! LOL

Sarah, I remember that short story you wrote that was inspired by "Poster Girl" and how I liked it because it was so dark and different for a Brian story.  The end of it is the part that stands out most.

YES. I loved that part in H&H where Nick realizes that he's in Toni's body, and then he starts walking around lol So many awesome moments in that story :)

Julie, I had to go back and read my own story because I couldn't quite remember it, and you're right.  Of everything I've written, that one is the most different and the least cheesy one.  It might actually be my favorite of the stuff I've written (minus the collab with Kelly, In the Shadows).
Sarah

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2010, 05:22:21 PM »

The hardest scene I've ever written was definitely Nick and Amanda's fight in Something Beautiful (which is part of why it took so damn long for him to tell her, I didn't want him to get mad at her!! even though she deserved it...). The harsh words Nick said to her were really hard to get just right. I wrote and rewrote the argument about 5 times with different wordings. In one version, Nick found out by looking at his website history on his computer and finding the Twitter site Brian had found before she told him. I didn't want Amanda to be weak, though, and a big part of her ability to be forgiven was the fact that she told him herself, so... yeah, that's why it was hard! lol

My favorite scene to have written... gosh I don't know. I know it would have to be out of one of the Saving the Day for Blondes stories, though. Probably one of the scenes where the Boys are all bantering. Or maybe the Bob Saget bit at the end of Something Beautiful. I'm not sure. Definitely scenes where the characters are light hearted and happy, though, ones that capture reality.

Although I will say, the part just before the end of Something Beautiful - the part when Brian is in the car with Leighanne - is one of my favorite tiny snippets. Her reprimand of "the fans are the only ones you're saying good-bye to tonight" and his reply of "I'm not saying good-bye" is one of my favorite exchanges of lines in the whole story. I know that sounds weird, but... *shrugs* It is what it is.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2010, 05:31:00 PM »

I loved that Nick/Amanda scene, Hannah, and I agree; she needed to tell him herself, and I'm glad she finally did.  His reaction was epic!  It made me sad, but I loved it!!
~Julie

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2010, 07:10:40 PM »

I loved that Nick/Amanda scene, Hannah, and I agree; she needed to tell him herself, and I'm glad she finally did.  His reaction was epic!  It made me sad, but I loved it!!
lol I was kind of scared with the final version at first because I wasn't sure if the "payment" line was too much or not. I mean it was the ultimate blow, his major burst of anger was in that line (it was also the one that made her break down), but I wasn't sure that it was really something he would've said there or not. looking back at it NOW I definitely think it fit, but when i first wrote it, I wasn't sure. Mainly I guess because Nick didn't say the "we were only a paycheck" line - that was Brian. I think I was worried it would seem like the two got mixed up.
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2010, 07:30:30 PM »

I think it fit; Nick seems like the kind of guy who has a temper and could get pretty dramatic like that.  Remember his outburst at Aaron about Paris on House of Carters?  That was epic LOL.
~Julie

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 08:59:58 PM »

I honestly can't pick my favorite scene...I really enjoy the 'funny' moments in the Coaster stories opposed to the drama scenes, even though sometimes the drama scenes are easier to write. :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 09:16:53 PM »

I think it fit; Nick seems like the kind of guy who has a temper and could get pretty dramatic like that.  Remember his outburst at Aaron about Paris on House of Carters?  That was epic LOL.

LMAO Julie, "smiling, like this!" *Paris Pose*

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4