Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Did you know...?  (Read 11755 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Did you know...?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »

No wonder, The guy is probably melting! LOL And yay for using the word "started" that's always a good thing. Does guilt ever help anyone to write? I guess that's another good debate topic.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 11:38:56 PM »

Psh!  Brian was in surgery for like a year in Secrets, so Kevin being in a coma while the guys think Nick is dead for two months isn't THAT bad...  (okay, I suck, sorry!!) :-[

Awww you don't suck...I mean if you updated this, Nick would stuck forever dealing with cancer...

Nick's naked?

19 year old naked Nick. That feels wrong now LMFAO. Damn the fact it's not 1999 anymore!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2010, 11:39:54 PM »

No wonder, The guy is probably melting! LOL And yay for using the word "started" that's always a good thing. Does guilt ever help anyone to write? I guess that's another good debate topic.

Heh... I probably shouldn't mention that I started it before I started Curtain Call.

Honestly, guilt does help me write; that's the only reason I updated Secrets a couple weeks ago, cause Sarah talked me into it.  But I knew exactly what I needed to write on that one; I just hadn't felt like doing it.  Guilty Roads I'm more stuck-ish on.  Not totally stuck... just stuck-ish and not very motivated to get myself unstuck because I have so much other stuff to write.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2010, 11:41:01 PM »

Awww you don't suck...I mean if you updated this, Nick would stuck forever dealing with cancer...

Nick's naked?

19 year old naked Nick. That feels wrong now LMFAO. Damn the fact it's not 1999 anymore!

LOL at least he's legal?

Truth be told, even though I love how Mare writes old-school Nick, I like writing adult Nick a lot better.  I think it's cause I was not a fan of Nick back when he was a teenager, and I heart Nick now.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »

LOL at least he's legal?

Truth be told, even though I love how Mare writes old-school Nick, I like writing adult Nick a lot better.  I think it's cause I was not a fan of Nick back when he was a teenager, and I heart Nick now.

Good point. Legal is good! LOL. I like both adult and young Nick, but I haven't really tried to actually write young Nick since I was a teenybopper myself. I might need to try that at some point.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »

Good point. Legal is good! LOL. I like both adult and young Nick, but I haven't really tried to actually write young Nick since I was a teenybopper myself. I might need to try that at some point.

He's still older than Taylor Lautner. ;)  LOL
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 01:45:24 AM »

Oooo so glad you're writing Guilty Roads :)  I was watching the last part of this Amish programme on TV the other night and thought of your story :)

As for using real wives/girlfriends, I just don't feel right writing them.  I don't know why, maybe it's because I think they deserve their privacy or something, I don't know!  (I'm weird).  But I have no problem with reading stories others have written.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2010, 05:04:21 AM »

*blink*

There's legit a story with Nick stuck in Amish country while Kevin's in a coma?

lmao... *stares around*

This is like that game where you sum up a movie in like one line. Like ever think about the one-liner summary of some really great movies/books? Check it:
Titanic: "Two people fall in love on a big ship that sinks in Atlantic ocean after hitting an iceberg."
Stand By Me: "Four delinquent preteen boys bond while searching for a dead body in the woods."
Good Will Hunting: "Math genius from the streets is psychoanalyzed by an old guy and also discovers true love."
Breakfast at Tiffanys: "High end hooker guy meets a bizarre woman who eats bagels at famed jewelry store."

Seriously I could do that forever.

Sorry, the amish/coma summary on what is probably a great story made me think of that. LOL
*dances out of the thread*

Oh and guilt doesn't always work, but random reviews or seeing people talk about how they like a fic will help motivate me. I usually stop writing a story because I stop feelin' it and if a person mentions it, I'm apt to go back and reread a couple chapters and the next thing ya know.. BOOM I'm on it again.

*dances away for realz now*
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 06:22:16 AM »

LOL at least he's legal?

Honestly, I prefer older Nick to younger Nick in real life but it's much easier to write younger Nick because of the other guys and their dynamics at the time. LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 06:23:50 AM »

You should do an old school Fic Rose! Everyone should! LOL maybe that should be the next challenge. We pick a random year and go for it!

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 06:58:29 AM »

^^^ LOVES IT!!  ;D
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 07:12:10 AM »

Picking a random year sounds good!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »

^ That does sound like a good challenge!  (I always say that and then never participate, but I do love the idea!)
~Julie

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »

I like that idea, though I need to finish up the August challenge  :'(
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 12:35:56 PM »

My votes for 2000! Is that old school enough?  My three favs were lookin GOOD back then lol.  Howie looked like a girl and Kev had the snoop dogg thing going on, but I can ignore that fact :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5