Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Author Topic: Kevin  (Read 2323 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Kevin
« on: December 13, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »

Yesterday while I was writing, I went back to one of my older stories to look at a part, and as I was skimming it, I came to Kevin's name and almost did a double-take.  It's like, it was weird to see his name in there.  And I realized, Kevin has not been in the story I'm writing now, Curtain Call, at all.  I'm sure his name has been mentioned, but he himself hasn't made an appearance yet.

It's weird, cause in a way, I guess I've gotten so used to him not being in the group in real life that I didn't even find it unusual to not be writing about him, but at the same time, I think this is the first story I've written since he left that doesn't feature him.  Every other story I've done since then has been either AU or set in the past, when he was still with the group, so I was able to include him.  I'm not a Kevin girl by any means, but even so, he's always been featured in my stories, and it made me kind of sad to realize I've been writing all these group parts without him. :(

How have you guys handled writing (or not writing) Kevin since he left?  Do you not include him to keep it realistic, find ways to put him with the guys so you can include him, just pretend he never left, set all your stories in the past...?  Just thought it would be interesting to see how everyone's accommodated that.

Edit: Killing him off seems to be another popular option these days! ;)  I did start another story over the summer where Kevin has a larger role than usual in my stories, except he's, like, in a coma, so he still doesn't get much action.  Poor Kevin LOL.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 06:07:36 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

yorkielover88

Re: Kevin
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »

Honestly... I think he's in all of my stories no matter what. I seem to always give him a part. Most of them he never left or they are set b4 he left. The few others are either AU or he's visiting. I have 1 maybe 2 stories he isn't in but they are part of a series that he was in and the new stories just don't cover grounds where he would be present.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:13:02 PM »

I pretty much always include Kevin.  Only in my shorts do I exclude him.  Initially I wasn't planning on putting him in The Great Divide, but he made the perfect knight in shining armor. haha 

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:01:32 AM »

Kevin is not in my two fluff romance's I'm writing currently. Mentioned in one, but that's about it.  I might have Brian talking to him on the phone in another, not sure if it will go towards that direction or not yet though.

I DO have a complete Kevin fic brewing in my head though so I think it will make up for it.  None of the other 4 really fit the idea, Kevin did, so Kevin it is :-D
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:49:09 AM »

I tried to think of a story of mine where Kevin was not around and the only one I could think of was In Pieces. I do remember when I was writing that one it was kind of weird to not have Kevin around, and I think I even had Nick joke about it at one point, that Howie would never be as intimidating as Kevin or something.

But other than that I tend to write most of my stories taking place in the past, and a large reason for that is because I do like to write about Kevin. I also tend to focus on Nick and I think a big part of (what I write about) Nick is his relationship with Kevin. So I think I'd have a hard time leaving him out, especially in a group centered story that isn't a romance. Maybe I should challenge myself to do that!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 04:53:11 PM »

Who?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »

LOL Julillly.

Well, since pretty much all of my stories are about torturing Nick or Brian or one of the other boys (well, mostly just Nick or Brian), I'll always be able to include Kevin somehow that way.  He'll have to crawl out of the woodwork in Curtain Call eventually...  It's just weird for me that he hasn't been in it at all yet.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 08:45:59 PM »

I have to include Kevin in my BSB stories. It's because of him and his bond with the other guys (especially Nick) that made me interested in the boys as more than just a great singing group.  Seeing that brotherly dynamic that I love so much is what really sucked me in and made me such a fan. Since he left I just don't get that anymore and it makes me sad. :(  but that's the nice thing about fanfic, in my world I can just pretend he's still here! lol YAY!!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2010, 10:13:50 PM »

LOL isn't that basically what fanfic is, just one big delusion?  When I was little, I played pretend with my Barbies, and now I do it with my Backstreet Boys and write it down.  Good times!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 02:19:14 PM »

I think I've included Kevin in all of mine in some way, whether just mentioning him or actually having him in the story.  I do love Kevin and that brotherly love :)

carterkid

• Major Disruption
  • It's a backstreet world....we just live in it
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 09:15:24 PM »

I know he's been gone a while now but I just can't see backstreet without Kevin so I kept him in my stories like he never left.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:49:44 AM by carterkid »

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 07:48:27 AM »

I always use Kevin in my stories. I put him into You Give Love a Bad Name as a wedding planner (he is straight) and it worked well. He added something new to the story. The only fic I have not included Kevin in is Figured You Out, although the guys pick on howie and say he is acting like him. I guess for some people it might be harder for them to not use him, it depends on the story I think.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 03:33:57 PM »

I include Kevin in my stories. He has been a major part of the plot in my Clone Series....a wedding planner in Still The One, a bartender in Incomplete, and I have not included him in Figured You Out yet. Trying to see if I could fit him in somehow, its just weird for me to not write him as part of the group. Kevin just adds something extra and to me, its like he never left.