Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Problems with Posting on AC  (Read 43429 times)

Karen

• Major Disruption
  • You only live once.
    • drivebylove
Re: Problems with Posting on AC
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »

I'm back from my training but without internet since my isp sucks for a few days. I will try to get this stuff fixed/looked asap. Anything with tinymce is because I was trying to get a spell check install and it made a few things wonky. I didn't get it fixed before I left for training. The mysql error I'll need a screenshot of if someone can send it to me.
Find me @ drivebylove, ac

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »

I'm back from my training but without internet since my isp sucks for a few days. I will try to get this stuff fixed/looked asap. Anything with tinymce is because I was trying to get a spell check install and it made a few things wonky. I didn't get it fixed before I left for training. The mysql error I'll need a screenshot of if someone can send it to me.

Hi Karen - there's not really enough to do a screenshot where mine is concerned.  It literally just says 'A Fatal MySQL error has occured.'  No other code or anything. :(

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2010, 04:18:18 PM »

I would send you a screen shot but the html codes show up for me when I click from home to most recent page etc.. and it shows up for a few seconds before the page changes.

When I updated what Jen said is all I see too. The fatal MYSQL message.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2010, 06:08:01 PM »

This was what always comes up for me whenever i go on the AC site. I took this just now when i got the email saying Jen had updated.

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad209/Bilittrell/ac1.jpg

Ah, that is tinyMCE you're seeing in the corner there. If only the problem were that easy! The reason that code is showing is because we were trying to install a spell check and it wasn't taking.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2010, 01:48:07 PM »

So I had successfully posted Murder at Backstreet Mansion the past two days.  It even came up on the Most Recent page.  (my other three stories...no chance)  So I just updated chapter four and got the fatal SQL error.  It didn't show up on the MR page.  I have cursed another story! LoL

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »

Way to go... Lol the problem is being worked on and it is looking like the targets aren't completely random either. It's the people with the most favourited stories and reviewed stories that seem to be getting the errors. You are all too loved! You demand too much server space in order to send out email notifications and to hold all your reviews! It will hopefully be resolved soon! Just hang in there.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2010, 09:45:19 PM »

LOL cool, in a sucky kind of way.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2010, 06:02:08 AM »

LOL cool, in a sucky kind of way.

I agree with Mare - that is cool!  But in a sucky way.  It's like a never-ending circle.  If it doesn't show up on the MR page, more people favorite the story to get e-mail updates which in return it part of the problem.  Oh the irony :)

-- I didn't want to respond to Rose's post so that the admin can see it but---welcome to the club!  :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 07:16:24 PM by evergreenwriter83 »

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »

So now that I've joined the "can't show updates club" does that mean I'm loved? LOL

I tried to update "Remember Me This Way", and when I did, it not only took forever... but then this came up.

"A fatal MySQL error was encountered."

And when I checked the most recent page, is it there? Nope! But the chapter itself posted, like what happened to Jen and Mare.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Bilittrell

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »

Ooh i hadn't updated for a few days. Just posted a new update and got no error AND i'm showing in the most recent page again! Progress!!
- Lisa

BSBfan4ever

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2010, 12:07:57 PM »

Bilittrell cute avy  :)

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »

I posted from work this morning hoping that a miracle had occured...stil l an SQL error for me.  Grrr 

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2010, 11:36:59 AM »

I was informed today that some e-mail updates are coming up blank on top of everything else.  Just thought I'd add it to the list.  Here's the exact wording:

Just thought you might want to know when i clicked on the email update AC came up but the page was blank., I had to open another page & open my favorite to get to it.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2010, 11:41:16 AM »

I was informed today that some e-mail updates are coming up blank on top of everything else.  Just thought I'd add it to the list.  Here's the exact wording:

Just thought you might want to know when i clicked on the email update AC came up but the page was blank., I had to open another page & open my favorite to get to it.

The email updates and reviews are the problem, so that would be why. Nothing I can do until the issue is resolved, but at least they know it's been updated.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2010, 07:26:14 PM »

Yup, still not working for me either lol Poop!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14