Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie  (Read 20478 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2010, 10:46:40 PM »

In all seriousness, the whole idea came out of us joking around on IM.  The two of us and Dee were chatting together one night, and the chat got quiet, so Dee was like "Is everyone dead?" and I said "yes," and she said "Oh noes!  Julie is a ghost!" and I said, "I prefer zombie."  We kept making zombie jokes while waiting for Rose to say something, and when she didn't, I was like, "Hey Rose... Backstreet Boys, zombies, collab?" to summon her back, since Rose is a collab whore.

I was just joking, but when she came back, we started talking about this "joke" idea of a Bsb zombie collab, and then we were like, "Hey, this sounds like kind of a cool story..."  I've never written much horror, but I've always been a fan of horror movies and books, and I love zombies, so once we got to planning it and writing it, it actually made a lot of sense that this was something I would enjoy writing LOL.

The lesson of the story...

Never mention Backstreet Boys, a random thought, and collab around me, or I'll make it happen LMAO.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2010, 10:48:15 PM »

The lesson of the story...

Never mention Backstreet Boys, a random thought, and collab around me, or I'll make it happen LMAO.

This is SO TRUE.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2010, 10:50:57 PM »

This is SO TRUE.

You kinda love me for it, don't lie ;)

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2010, 10:53:23 PM »

Is there any question you have for each other about the story?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:23 PM »

Since the story is divided into 10-chapter Parts, which Part has been your favorite to write so far, Rose?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2010, 10:59:21 PM »

If you could change anything in the story so far Julie, what would it be and why?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »

Since the story is divided into 10-chapter Parts, which Part has been your favorite to write so far, Rose?

That's a really good question LOL. So far? Probably the "Day of Unholy Resurrection", especially Nick's chapter in the hospital. There's just something about when it first starts that's so creepy and terrifying that I loved writing it.

However, the next section may give it some competition, cause I'm really really looking forward to that one. What was your fave? :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 11:06:18 PM »

If you could change anything in the story so far Julie, what would it be and why?

Hm... good question!  I don't even know off-hand; I'll have to think about it.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:36 PM »

That's a really good question LOL. So far? Probably the "Day of Unholy Resurrection", especially Nick's chapter in the hospital. There's just something about when it first starts that's so creepy and terrifying that I loved writing it.

However, the next section may give it some competition, cause I'm really really looking forward to that one. What was your fave? :)

Same.  I loved writing everyone's initial reactions to the zombies.  After that, probably The Gathering, cause there were some fun zombie scenes in those chapters, too.  I liked the road parts, when everyone was trying to get to the base.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »

What would you change?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »

Honestly? I don't think I would change much. Even though I'm not that fond of Kayleigh, oddly she's necessary. And she's really the one part that can drive me batty at times about this story.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »

I was thinking that too, about Kayleigh.  I had the thought that maybe we would have replaced her with a character who could contribute some kind of skill to the group, the way Jo and Kevin can, but really, we have so many strong, tough characters, I think we needed some weak ones like her to make it realistic.  Personally, I know if I were in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, I would not be the one hunting the zombies down with a gun; I would be the one running and hiding and panicking LOL.  So I get that side of Kayleigh, and I think she adds variety to the story.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2010, 11:45:33 PM »

Exactly. It's weird, cause she gets on my last nerve, trying to get in her head. And I get like that with Howie sometimes too. No real skills, more of a hindrance than helpful. So their minds and writing from that, can get aggravating. But on that same note, they can't all be strong and adaptable.

I'd probably be like Gretchen, not a ton of use on the task of zombie hunting, but finding my own ways to contribute instead.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2010, 06:58:15 AM »

I have to agree with you about Kayleigh.  She's not a lot of use, but you do need people like her in the story to make it realistic, as not everyone can be a gun toting zombie killer  :D  I'm not sure who I'd be like, but I like to think I'd be more useful than a hindrance in that kind of situation.

Oh and yes, that would be really cruel to make us wait a week and then hit us with another cliffy!  I was shocked to see another update to soon.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »

We're mean enough to draw a cliffy out for two chapters, but not mean enough to leave you hanging too long if we can help it.  Chapter 69 is up, and the cliffhanger has been resolved!
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7