Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie  (Read 20494 times)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: FS for October - Song for the Undead by Rose and Julie
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2010, 12:00:54 AM »

Thanks! LOL so it was expected someone would go...you just didn't expect who did? (If I'm understanding you right haha).

It'll be a bit, I'd say...around 50 chapters (I think) to go. Julie can correct me if I'm wrong lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2010, 06:26:40 AM »

Yep... we have the next 20 chapters planned, and there will be at least 20 more after that, maybe 30, so 50's a good estimate.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2010, 05:46:46 PM »

So up to this point, what would you say is your favorite scene or quote from your story? And which character do you find the most fun to write?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2010, 07:40:54 PM »

My favorite scene is the moment the dead first rise, in Chapter 31, when Brian is forced to shove a towel bar through Zombie Leighanne's skull and decapitate his undead children.  It's intense and tragic and gory.  Another of my favorite parts to write was the Thriller scene in Chapter 60, when they're riding around in an ambulance, blasting Thriller and singing along as they shoot zombies.  It's just fun. LOL

Character-wise, my two favorites are AJ and Brian.  Rose has written all the AJ parts, and I've written all the Brian, so for me, Brian's the most fun to write.  I love his angst, and it's been interesting writing his crisis of faith in this story.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:42:30 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »

My favorite scene? Probably Nick's scene in the hospital, it's very 28 Days Later, but there's something just creepy about it. Plus, Nick singing Thriller cause he's trying not to panic is just fun LOL. My other favorite scene is Brian killing his undead family, it's so tragic, and gory, it's just love.

Oh! One last one. I'm pretty in love with the latest chapter. Julie did that beautifully. It's so tragic, it's so gory, and it's a reminder to them that NO one is save. Ever. It's the horror of Kayleigh's scene that I really love, she didn't hold back on it. :)

Character wise, my faves match Julie's. I love writing AJ, his outlook is just awesome. It challenges me to really go outside of what's normal for the other characters and dive into AJ's warped head.

Fave line? Um....I think it's from Nick's journal entry... *looks* Yep, it is.

"Of course, I also found a reason to sing Michael Jackson more often, and that’s always good, too.  So, you know, there are silver linings in everything." It's just the epitome of Nick in this story, and I kinda love it LOL.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:16:49 PM by Rose »

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »

I love that 28 Days Later has the hospital scene, we have the hospital scene (which, yeah, we basically ripped off 28 Days Later LOL - but there was a reason for Nick to be in the hospital which goes beyond it just being creepy), and the new AMC show Walking Dead also has the hospital scene.  (I saw it in the preview; it starts on Halloween; OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!)  Apparently the hospital is THE place to be in the midst of a zombie outbreak.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »

I am too! That's one thing I'd recommend, checking out the new zombie show on AMC! Apparently (from what Julie and I have seen) it's like a mix of our story in terms of characters. It looks all sorts of awesome.

And yes there was definitely a reason for Nick to be in that hospital, but the creepyness is lovely. Plus the hospital is like the WORST place to be in a zombie outbreak, so I guess that's why everyone loves to stick characters there. Mwahahaha.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2010, 05:19:00 AM »

I'm looking forward to that new TV show too!  I think one of my favourite chapters is the one where they're riding around in the ambulance taking pot shots at zombies whilst Thriller blasts from the speakers :)  I also love the chapter where Brian discovers what his family have become, and of course the latest chapter.  In fact, I love it all :)

I should ask another question, so here goes...

Do you ever disagree?  You seem to share the same vision for the story, but I wondered if there is ever a time you don't agree.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »

The chapters you just mentioned? Those are all Julie's chapters, I'd like to point out Steph. She definitely created the epicness there. :)

Um... we haven't really disagreed in awhile. In the beginning, I think there were some debates. There were three of us then too though, so that makes more sense, more chances for debate. Plus we were still trying to nail down the characters, figure out where we were going to go with everything.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2010, 12:20:59 AM »

Yeah, we agree on most things, and when we don't agree at first, we talk it over and always come to a consensus.  LOL I remember when it came time to write those first zombie parts, we had always joked about the zombies going "BRAAAAAAINSSSS S..." in our IMs, but I had to finally ask, "We're not really going to have the zombies say 'Brains,' are we??"  We both agreed that, no, our zombies wouldn't speak - and they'd be SLOW zombies, not fast zombies, cause fast zombies suck!  We pretty much do share the same vision for the story, so that makes it easy to agree.

And thanks, both of you!  Those parts would have been epic no matter who wrote them; I was just lucky enough to end up with them.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »

LOL yes, cause really, fast zombies are lame! It takes out the creepy factor and just bleh. I think one of our other early debates was the format of the story. We knew we wanted three major days, like Infernal Friday...model ing it after the idea of Black Monday. But we debated a lot about having it as three separate parts, having those three days be one part, how to begin...

Obviously we ended up with a ten chapter prologue (or Decalogue hehe) and a part for each of the major days, but we did go back and forth on that at first. But like Julie said, we don't really argue or disagree much. Hell, tonight we literally had the same idea for the story without saying a word before lmao. Scary but awesome.

The few times we do, we just talk it out :)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2010, 04:11:11 AM »

I promise you that when this story is finished (1000 chapters from now?:P) I will read it.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2010, 06:42:02 PM »

LOL awesome!  I'm guessing it will be 110 chapters, maybe 120.  We have it outlined up to Chapter 90, but we will need probably two more parts to get to our ending.  We have a general idea of how we're ending it, but don't have in enough detail to know how many chapters it will take to get there.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2010, 07:02:41 PM »

I think it'll be 120? LOL

At least we have an ending point in sight haha. That's a plus right?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2010, 01:56:09 AM »

In honor of Halloween, we give you guys...not a single update...but a double update. So enjoy the chapters guys.

Cause what's Halloween without a ton of zombies? :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7