Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Author Topic: Help Is Needed  (Read 2508 times)

michelly

• Fledgling
Help Is Needed
« on: October 12, 2010, 09:01:07 PM »

So I had this posted on the main site and I'm not allowed to do that...ooops. I honestly didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.

So this is what I need help with.

I would love to make banners for some of my stories. However, I do not have access to photoshop or any other  program that would help me make them.

So if any of you would be willing to make banners for me I will give you full credit for making them and I will (if you want) make you a character in a future story.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Help Is Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 09:12:57 PM »

So I had this posted on the main site and I'm not allowed to do that...ooops. I honestly didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.

You're in luck, we have a list for such things ... http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,2168.0.html
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »

I know there are some free Photoshop-like programs online.  I haven't used any of these myself, but check out this list; you might be able to play around and make your own banners for free.

http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-alternatives-to-photoshop/
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:26:26 PM »

I recommend Paint.NET for making banners!  It's really easy to use :)

http://www.getpaint.net/
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

michelly

• Fledgling
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 11:34:54 PM »

I know there are some free Photoshop-like programs online.  I haven't used any of these myself, but check out this list; you might be able to play around and make your own banners for free.

http://sixrevisions.com/graphics-design/10-excellent-open-source-and-free-alternatives-to-photoshop/

thank you! if you use any of these i reccomend picnik. it's the one i used.

michelly

• Fledgling
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »

Sakabelle  and RokofAges75

I did say that i would make you characters in future stories if you wanted to be. So if you want to be, just let me know.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 04:08:22 AM »

My friend uses Picnik and makes some really good stuff.  I use photoshop CS5 and could make banners, but mine are usually quite simple as I'm lazy!

michelly

• Fledgling
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »

My friend uses Picnik and makes some really good stuff.  I use photoshop CS5 and could make banners, but mine are usually quite simple as I'm lazy!

I've never made a banner for myself before. picnik is a really good site to use though. It's really easy to use too.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »

I've never made a banner for myself before. picnik is a really good site to use though. It's really easy to use too.

I've never used it but my friend does.  I just stick to photoshop because that's what I know.