Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Biggest pet peeves?  (Read 20738 times)

moppy

• Captain of Commotion
Re: Biggest pet peeves?
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2007, 09:26:15 AM »

Actually I already write in Word and keep it up2date saved on a disc too (just in case  ;)) and I actually bought a little notebook, and BOY it's the best bloody thing ever. I've already filled up 15 pages with ideas for the story but now have to incorporate it into it without messing with the plot.

Thanks again girls heaps appreciated.  ;D

Kagoma

• Major Disruption
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2007, 02:32:24 PM »

And when Nick would act waaay younger than his age in a lot of fics as well. Like he'd be 14 but Kevin would be carrying him to bed and patting his back. It's okay if he's sick I suppose but not just as a nightly ritual lmao

See I would only do that in a slash fanfic, or if Nick is like 'special' in a story.

MaggieW

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 10:58:41 PM »

Because i'm in one of those moods lol

What are some of your biggest pet peeves when it comes to writing fanfics, reading fanfics or anything else in general?

:P

A big peeve of mine in fanfiction would probably have to be all the profanity.  Especially the "f" word.  I just can't stand reading works with that word in it.

Now, non-fanfic pet peeves would have to be finding shopping carts scattered throughout the parking lot when the place to put them is right there!  Now, granted, there are most likely some people who are in too big a hurry to make the hundred-foot trip to return the cart, but there came a day when my family and i saw three empty carts in a parking space.  Ee-gads, man!
"What's life without a few dragons?" Ron - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day which says, 'I will try again tomorrow.' - Author Unknown

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you."  ~Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 11:06:54 PM »

A big peeve of mine in fanfiction would probably have to be all the profanity.  Especially the "f" word.  I just can't stand reading works with that word in it.

Now, non-fanfic pet peeves would have to be finding shopping carts scattered throughout the parking lot when the place to put them is right there!  Now, granted, there are most likely some people who are in too big a hurry to make the hundred-foot trip to return the cart, but there came a day when my family and i saw three empty carts in a parking space.  Ee-gads, man!

LMAO I hate the shopping cart thing too!  It's always my luck... I think I've found a good spot, and there's a freaking cart in my way!  Grrr!

As far as profanity in stories, I think sometimes it's needed to really give you a feel for a character... i.e. Cindy in Kelly's story Not Your Average Cinderella Story.  Girl cussed like a sailor, but that was HER, and it immediately separated her from the typical female lead of a Bsb fanfic.  I don't think she would have been as believable if she hadn't had the potty mouth LOL.  That's just my feeling on it, but I agree that profanity gets old after awhile.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »

lol thanks Julie. I actually always got tired of the language in NYACS especially since I never use it. But I modeled Cindy after a friend of mine and that's just how she was. But I always found myself wanting to dial back the language in that one. And non of my other stories are littered with bad language at all. the occasional curse here or there, but thats it.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2008, 11:12:01 PM »

My new pet peeve is sales at Victoria's Secret.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2008, 11:12:23 PM »

how is that a bad thing?

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2008, 11:14:38 PM »

My pet peeve, non-fanfic wise, is those people who have to have the last word and who have to prove to you that they're doing something so much more amazing than you could ever do in your entire life. Like I care...?
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2008, 11:15:08 PM »

Because the other customers push you and take bras out of your hands.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2008, 11:27:12 PM »

LMAO I am now picturing some crazy woman stealing a bra out of your hands.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »

It happened twice, actually. lol
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2008, 11:41:32 PM »

LMAO!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2008, 11:46:22 PM »

Maybe I am just a case to be pitied? :( lol
~*Dee*~

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2008, 11:50:29 PM »

that's really sad, Dee. *pats you on the head and gives you a cookie*
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2008, 11:56:03 PM »

What kind of cookie?
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7