Welcome > Rules and News

AC District Court

<< < (4/12) > >>

julilly:
First off, it's not an invasion of privacy. Anyone who looked at the most recent page that day would be able to see the broken rule, and the fact that J-Lynn talked about it quite extensively in the debate thread made it quite public. I apologize for getting the wrong username, since it was mostly the yorkie account that was commenting on it I had them mixed up. It was Mare that had dealt with that.

When we were sending PMs to people, sending emails to them, making everything incredibly private we were ignored by many people. We said back in November that we were done chasing people around, and that still applies.

We're all adults here, no one is going to be laughing at anyone over posting too many times in one day. That's just silly. If I broke a rule my name would be on there too.

I can't make it visible just for the people in trouble because the point is 1. it means Mare and I don't have to chase anyone, and 2. here is the proof for those that wonder whether the rules are enforced fairly and for everyone that they indeed are.

J-Lynn, you accused both Mare and I of singling you out, of a personal vendetta against you. It's those kinds of accusations that have led to this. No longer can you say we singled you out because here will be the proof that there are other people on this board that, just like you, are human and make mistakes from time to time and everyone is treated fairly. A broken rule is a broken rule no matter who you are. No one cares as much as you think they do, I assure you.

julilly:

--- Quote from: yorkielover88 on January 13, 2011, 06:33:42 PM ---Crappy part about it is that it caused me to loose interest in one of the stories on there.

--- End quote ---

You're really reaching if you think you can blame us for that. We didn't force you to break the spamming rule.

Rose:

--- Quote from: mare on January 13, 2011, 07:44:43 PM ---This is no different than the ban log they used over at LD and other places to let you know who is breaking rules and the consequences. And I do think the reason Jullily put it up was to let people know we are holding people accountable for their actions on the site. It's one thing to say we're enforcing the rules but it's another to actually do it. This thread wasn't made just to make fun of people.

Personally I think it's a great idea and remember, you wouldn't be so upset about it, if you followed the rules in the first place. That in itself is showing me it's a good idea.

--- End quote ---

Exactly, and lord knows how many times I got listed in the ban log on LD. This is just to show the mods are being fair. It's not to hurt anyone's feelings, and people are taking it too personal. This is just a record to show the rules are being enforced, and to keep you guys accountable as well by posting what you're doing.

Annabelle:

--- Quote from: mare on January 13, 2011, 07:44:43 PM ---This is no different than the ban log they used over at LD and other places to let you know who is breaking rules and the consequences. And I do think the reason Jullily put it up was to let people know we are holding people accountable for their actions on the site. It's one thing to say we're enforcing the rules but it's another to actually do it. This thread wasn't made just to make fun of people.

Personally I think it's a great idea and remember, you wouldn't be so upset about it, if you followed the rules in the first place. That in itself is showing me it's a good idea.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: julilly on January 13, 2011, 07:51:08 PM ---First off, it's not an invasion of privacy. Anyone who looked at the most recent page that day would be able to see the broken rule, and the fact that J-Lynn talked about it quite extensively in the debate thread made it quite public. I apologize for getting the wrong username, since it was mostly the yorkie account that was commenting on it I had them mixed up. It was Mare that had dealt with that.

When we were sending PMs to people, sending emails to them, making everything incredibly private we were ignored by many people. We said back in November that we were done chasing people around, and that still applies.

We're all adults here, no one is going to be laughing at anyone over posting too many times in one day. That's just silly. If I broke a rule my name would be on there too.

I can't make it visible just for the people in trouble because the point is 1. it means Mare and I don't have to chase anyone, and 2. here is the proof for those that wonder whether the rules are enforced fairly and for everyone that they indeed are.

--- End quote ---

Okay, I can understand that. I just didn't see it in that way and it makes sense to do it that way, it kind of sucks that its come to that but perfectly understandable .
I agree with both of you. It's really the only way. And I follow the rules...or at least I try to. I'm only writing the one story right now and thats coming slow...so I'm good! :)

Karen:
I don't understand what the fuss is about. You break a rule, your name gets listed. It's not the end of the world. It'll remind you to pay better attention to the rules next time plus it helps ease some of the load off of the mods shoulders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version