Welcome > Rules and News

AC District Court

<< < (8/12) > >>

alota_cookin:

--- Quote from: yorkielover88 on January 13, 2011, 10:11:41 PM ---The rest of you can keep your thoughts to yourself!

--- End quote ---

Excuse me? Just because of this...I think I WILL state my thoughts!

First of all...are you that much better than the rest of us, that your opinion and little temper tantrum are all that matters, and no one else may speak? Guess what "sweetie"...embarrassme nt is a really damn good way of making sure people get the point. My child threw a fit in the store...and I made sure she got embarrassed... REALLY embarrassed... made sure people all over were staring right at us! Now...my child does not throw fits like that anymore because she learned her lesson and doesn't like to get that kind of attention.

If people (maybe you, or maybe not) are ignoring the mods...what the hell are the mods supposed to do? Let the rule breakers walk all over them? NO! This is a surefire way to make sure that people listen....not some kind of twisted vendetta against you. I doubt our mods are just so incredibly jealous of you, that they have to scheme up some ridiculous plot to embarrass you. I really think it's just finally come to this, because people won't listen. Personally, I don't want to be embarrassed... .so I'll check FOUR times now, to make sure my crap stays within the guidelines of the rules.

The mods are not here to play favorites. It doesn't matter who you are or what you did...if you did it, you're guilty and you'll be called out...simple as that. The mods have had to deal with a lot of crap...people stuffing the Felix ballot box...continuo usly breaking the same rules over and over again...just plain disrespecting their authority which was given to them by the SITE'S OWNER....OBVIO USLY their previous forms of punishment were not working for certain people...so now EVERYONE has to be subject to the new form of punishment.

And although I've never been punished for breaking a rule on the site...Julilly HAS called me out MORE THAN ONCE...for hijacking threads and things like that, here on the board. So yeah...I've been in trouble too. All of us make mistakes. It's not THAT big of a deal.

alota_cookin:
I should clarify that "so I'll check FOUR times now" was because I always triple check everything before I post, to make sure it meets the rules. But now because of this...I'll probably check that extra time. LOL. I hate getting in trouble.

colorguard_diva:
It's not like you can't work on your stories because you've been banned for a couple of days. You can write til your heart is content, you just can't post it.

Personally, I wouldn't get upset because my name was on there. I would deal with my punishment. In my classroom if you misbehave your name goes on the board. You get a tally mark each time you don't follow a rule. Each tally is 1 minute of recess. Some kids learn very fast that they don't want their name on the board and start to follow the rules. It works.

Just follow the rules, it makes life easier.

FrickingKaos:
I just find it so funny that only ONE person is bitching and everybody else is agreeing that this is ridiculous to be throwing a fit because you got in trouble. Seriously, you aren't better than any of us...attacking the mods isn't gonna do anything LOL 

julilly:
I locked this topic because really, it's not worth arguing over. It is what it is, and 99% of people seem to not have an issue.

Anyone whose account gets locked will go up in the first post of this thread as a way of letting them know why it's locked and when it will be unlocked.

It's not to embarass anyone, it's not a public flogging, it's a source of information. We're all grown ups and I'd like to believe that we can avoid taking something this miniscule personally.

Everyone on this board is treated the same way. Everyone comes under the same rules and is held accountable in the same way.

Besides, there are way worse mods out there, you guys got lucky. :) Thank you for your time and support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version