Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Starting a new story.  (Read 2748 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Starting a new story.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 07:12:59 AM »

I hate those never ending stories lol! I actually don't plan out my stories much. I see people talking about notes and timelines....I don't do any of that. I just kind of write whatever comes to mind. The only thing I really kind of plan is my romance series I'm writing...a friend actually helps me write a bit of the dialogue, so we plan it out together on IM. I also try not to use filler as a way to drag out the story....even that can get tedious. Maybe I need to start planning in advance more lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Starting a new story.
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 10:18:56 AM »

I don't usually do a chapter by chapter outline, but a timeline of what I want to happen and just write from there. I find that it works for me, especially with Running Up That Hill since that story is so dependant on when things happen right down to the day. This way I have some wiggle room if my imagination decides to come up with something new on the fly, but I also have the loose outline/plan of how I want to get my characters where they are going.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 [2]