Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Most challenging  (Read 18540 times)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
Re: Most challenging
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2011, 01:01:22 AM »

Like I said earlier, my best friend helps me with dialogue most of the time but when I wrote Figured You Out I was completely on my own for that one, I had to come up with everything myself. Except for the mc Donalds food chapter, which came from a co worker and the ending which came from my dad. I have never collaborated so I don't know what that is like. I would assume its hard if you don't see each other except when online right?

evergreenwriter83

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2011, 06:29:54 AM »

I miss having a person :( or people I should say. It does make all the difference in the world but what you were saying Hannah also might tell you why you're wriitng. It's sounds like you're writing more for the feedback and less for you. Maybe a good challenge for you would be to write an OF and not post it at all until it's complete.

It's hard as hell to do that but if you do find a person and I think you have Jen as your person? And just share it with her, it might help you out a bit.

Yup I got hannah's back! Besides I'd love getting sneak peeks of her stories. :upcoming chapters of cardboard box cough cough:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2011, 06:35:18 AM »

Like I said earlier, my best friend helps me with dialogue most of the time but when I wrote Figured You Out I was completely on my own for that one, I had to come up with everything myself. Except for the mc Donalds food chapter, which came from a co worker and the ending which came from my dad. I have never collaborated so I don't know what that is like. I would assume its hard if you don't see each other except when online right?

It's not really hard; Rose and I just chat on IM to plan out the story, and we make an outline that both of us have access to.  We don't literally write the chapters together; we divide parts by character.  It works out well, and it's fun. :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2011, 06:46:13 AM »

Ah ok. When I do my planning for my romance series, my friend and I talk on IM and work out dialogue, kind of plan the chapters a bit but I do the writing of the actual chapter myself. We bounce ideas of each other. However for my two latest stories I am pretty much on my own. Would like to do a collab someday but when I try the other person always vanishes on me.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »

Me and Jen DM our story installments back and forth and other than that we talk on Twitter. I suck-suck-suck at remembering to log onto instant messanging programs (just ask my BFF lol). The stories usually drive themselves. We have similar writing styles and speed, so our ideas mesh well and we're able to keep up with each other. (YAY!)

Yup I got hannah's back! Besides I'd love getting sneak peeks of her stories. :upcoming chapters of cardboard box cough cough:

Hahaha... Nice hinting skillz. ;)
I don't have forward chapters written for CB yet, but when I do you'll def. be the first to know!
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »

Just wanna say that Jen/Hannah and Rose/Julie  make awesome collab teams :) For Rose and Julie, I can't even tell who's writing which chap! Jen and Hannah, I know only because you tell. Lol. But it seems like with both teams, you're just on the same page.
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »

^ Thanks! :)  Rose is definitely the best co-writer I've had, in terms of meshing with me and being reliable.  She is my zombie double rainbow, all the way!
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2011, 06:45:56 PM »

Thanks Sel!

^ Thanks! :)  Rose is definitely the best co-writer I've had, in terms of meshing with me and being reliable.  She is my zombie double rainbow, all the way!

Awwww! I feel loved!

I have to agree, Julie's the best cowriter I've had. (And this is coming from a former collab whore, so that says a lot lol.) I'm totally spoiled by that, I can't imagine with collaborating with anyone else now. We're totally on the same brain waves, so much so that it's scary sometimes. It's awesome.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 07:24:32 PM »

I could not see myself doing a collab with anyone. I think it really depends on the way you write if a collab would work for you. For me, not so much lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Mariah

• Major Disruption
  • Let go of today, tomorrow's another day...
    • http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewuser.php?uid=1274
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »

Yeah I guess it works out for some not for all. For me, I'm too protective of my work. It would have to be with a friend or someone who appretiates writing as much as I do. Very few writers anymore who are open to that. Normally now people are just doing their own thing. Which is fine. I would just like to try it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 07:36:47 PM by Mariah »
My Stories
Jack: FYI, he was the love of my life.
Will: You've said that about each Backstreet Boy at one time or another. -Will & Grace

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2011, 09:38:33 PM »

LOL Yeahhhhhhhhhh. ...sometimes I think Jen and I share a brain.  :D We're both a little loco ( :crazy: )

In a good way.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2011, 09:57:35 PM »

Makes sense...  I think if you're a control freak, that's when it's really important to have someone who shares a brain with you and writes up to your standards.  It's hard when that isn't the case.

For me, though, reliability is the biggest thing.  I've written with some lovely co-writers, but I always end up getting bailed on in the end because my enthusiasm for the project usually lasts longer than my co-writers'.  I can't handle flaky people; I like to finish what I start.
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2011, 10:06:12 PM »

Makes sense...  I think if you're a control freak, that's when it's really important to have someone who shares a brain with you and writes up to your standards.  It's hard when that isn't the case.

For me, though, reliability is the biggest thing.  I've written with some lovely co-writers, but I always end up getting bailed on in the end because my enthusiasm for the project usually lasts longer than my co-writers'.  I can't handle flaky people; I like to finish what I start.

Exactly, that's a major issue that comes up in collaborating. You gotta find someone who's committed for the whole way though. My interest always ended up outliving the interest of my previous co-authors. It drives me nuts when people go POOF.

LOL Yeahhhhhhhhhh. ...sometimes I think Jen and I share a brain.  :D We're both a little loco ( :crazy: )

In a good way.

Join the club! It's fun LOL. And isn't it great when you find someone who shares your brain?

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:28 PM »

Join the club! It's fun LOL. And isn't it great when you find someone who shares your brain?

Much better than when you find someone who eats your brain!     :nyahnyah:

:D ;)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2011, 11:59:52 PM »

Much better than when you find someone who eats your brain!     :nyahnyah:

:D ;)

LOL

Well we kind of do both. Julie's brain tastes like Fruity Pebbles, totally DRATW. It's why we each only have half a brain now LOL.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7