Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: If you could pick one of your stories to be featured...  (Read 25908 times)

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
Re: If you could pick one of your stories to be featured...
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2008, 07:57:15 PM »

So apparently, most of my faves have already been featured, so...I will say that  my story, Casual, should be featured.  It is still in progress...and I had no idea how getting featured worked, so Teri filled me in and I found this spread.  I am still finding my way around the boards. 

It feels weird to say why you think you should be featured, so here is the conversation Teri and I had about it:

darbyTX: i feel weird saying "hey, feature me"
americangirlby m8: lol
darbyTX: i'm going to have to think about why casual should be featured
americangirlby m8: i know why
americangirlby m8: cuz it's a different take on the cliche of bsb-er and girl meet, have sex and fall in love
americangirlby m8: it's much more realistic
americangirlby m8: lots of drama and complications
darbyTX: and an imperfect female lead...
americangirlby m8: yep
americangirlby m8: but she's not an anti-sue
americangirlby m8: either
darbyTX: i should just post this convo in there lol
americangirlby m8: lol
americangirlby m8: u should

There ya go! 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2008, 09:21:31 PM »

Really an "I want to be feautred." would have done just fine. If you haven't noticed a great many people no this board are into shameless plugging lol there's nothing wrong with it.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »

Guys, keep those requests coming because once again i'm looking for stories to feature, although I have to say I am disheartened by the lack of participation when it comes to the threads. It's kind of like "Hey feature me but i'm not going to bother going into anyone else's thread when they are featured." It's kind of pointless to feature people if no one participates during the month.

I know some of you rock at coming into the threads and putting in your two cents but when I pick stories it's based on a lot of things, one of which is how well received the story is by the AC community. If you read the story it takes two seconds to come in and say something about it. If you haven't read it yet, it still is easy to come in and comment generally about the author (If you have read something else by him or her) or to ask a general question.

Just something to keep in mind.

Another thing to keep in mind is  "Hey, cool congrats!" doesn't really count as participation either lol

Okay, end of lecture.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2008, 10:10:45 PM »

Guys, keep those requests coming because once again i'm looking for stories to feature, although I have to say I am disheartened by the lack of participation when it comes to the threads. It's kind of like "Hey feature me but i'm not going to bother going into anyone else's thread when they are featured." It's kind of pointless to feature people if no one participates during the month.

I know some of you rock at coming into the threads and putting in your two cents but when I pick stories it's based on a lot of things, one of which is how well received the story is by the AC community. If you read the story it takes two seconds to come in and say something about it. If you haven't read it yet, it still is easy to come in and comment generally about the author (If you have read something else by him or her) or to ask a general question.

Just something to keep in mind.

Another thing to keep in mind is  "Hey, cool congrats!" doesn't really count as participation either lol

Okay, end of lecture.

I do apologize for not participating as much as I should. But I do read many of the featured stories to see the writing style and have found some new favorites. I blame time and school for consuming much of my energy. And I realize alot of us are in school and working and all that. While I can't speak for everyone here that is why I haven't been around much. I barely have enough time to read my favorite stories anymore! And that's really sad!
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2008, 10:11:14 PM »

^ Very good point Mare. I know I've been guilty of not as much participation in these, but I'll try harder and I nominate Stephie (Starry Eyes) as Featured of the month. ;D

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2008, 06:56:49 AM »

Really an "I want to be feautred." would have done just fine. If you haven't noticed a great many people no this board are into shameless plugging lol there's nothing wrong with it.

Were you being attacked when you wrote this?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2008, 03:41:39 PM »

Huh? lol

And Ashley... Stephanie is on the list she just needs to have a story all her own because all of her collaboraters have already been featured. lol

IwantAJ

« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2008, 07:02:59 PM »

Hello I'm not a writer unfortunately. ..I don't have the type of imagination it takes. I have read a couple of stories and was wondering if it's ok to mention a couple that would be nice to be featured?   ???

MonkeyAbu

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2008, 07:25:16 PM »

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that yeah, it's ok. LoL.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »

Yup, that's what this thread is for lol recommend away.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2008, 08:49:03 PM »

I can't think of any new authors I want featured. I'm pretty sure everyone I wanted featured has been by now?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »

I might also feature some of the old stories that Julilly has been archiving because they deserve it as well even though there might not be as much, if any author participation. You can recommend those too.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »

There would be author participation? lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2008, 10:17:36 PM »

Not sure. They could find out they are being featured and pop out of nowhere. That happened on my FFF group sometimes.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #89 on: September 26, 2008, 10:29:57 PM »

How odd. lol
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8