Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Fanfic Favorites!  (Read 16583 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Fanfic Favorites!
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »

aww thanks! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Kentuckychickrk

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2011, 11:23:47 PM »

I'm really late to the show on this one!  But I've been getting back into the swing of reading again here lately so I thought I'd do what some others are doing and update with some newer(ish) stories.

So here goes in no particular order;

Song For the Undead --  There are few fanfic stories that I feel can stand alone - meaning without the BSB as characters - (most of my own included), but this one totally could.  I love the characters, I love the story, I love the writing.  This story never fails to draw me in.  Each chapter is new and different, and with each chapter I find myself wanting to know what happens next.  Which btw -- what the hell happens next!?!

Curtain Call --  I already told Julie this when her story was featured, but I started reading this story just as I was going through my melanoma diagnosis in March.  I'm doing fine, but it was a very emotional few weeks and I just really feel like Julie has done an amazing job portraying the emotions of the characters (especially Nick) in her story.  really can't wait to read more!

And then there's

Something Beautiful -- I read this story a while back and absolutely loved it!  Hannah did such an amazing job with the characters and the locations and all of the "something beautifuls" in her story.  I make it my goal now to find something beautiful in every single day and I have her to thank for that!
-- Rachel --

*And in that line now was a whiskered old man, with a linen cap and a crooked nose, who waited in a place called the Stardust Band Shell to share his part of the secret of Heaven; that each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.*
-- Mitch Album

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2011, 11:31:16 PM »

Wow thank you! That's a huge compliment for you to say you think it could stand alone as an original fiction. We work so hard at trying to keep it fresh and interesting, and again, I just am so flattered that you feel that way about it. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2011, 11:33:43 PM »

Thanks, Rachel! :)  We've had so much fun writing Undead!  Hopefully it will be updated soon; Rose has been working on the next chapter.  We've worked really hard on trying to develop the characters, so your compliment is much appreciated!!

Thanks for mentioning CC again too!  Your posts in the Featured thread back in April meant a lot to me.  I find Nick's POV really hard to write in that story, which is why it hasn't been updated in the last few days, so I'm glad you think his emotions have been portrayed realistically.

Something Beautiful is an amazing story!  I read it last summer as Hannah was writing it and absolutely loved it too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2011, 11:35:30 PM »

Yes, Something Beautiful is amazing. It's the first one last summer to make me tear up in a long time. Absolutely adore it.

I gush about CC to Julie all the time, but simply put, that story is fantastic lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]