Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fan Fic ADD  (Read 4141 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Fan Fic ADD
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 06:41:20 PM »

Oh, and also, I totally agree with what you said about collaborating being like taking baby steps, Mel.  Collaborating isn't easy; it's got its own set of challenges, but what I love about it is that I almost never get writer's block on my collaborations .  If I'm feeling stuck or uninspired, I have a co-author to bounce ideas off of or talk about the story with.  I'm not responsible for every part, so I get out of doing a lot of the filler and other stuff I hate having to write in my own stories, and because I have a co-author to please, I put my best effort into every part I do write.  I think my writing for Undead and 00Carter is usually better than the writing I do for my own stories, to be honest LOL.  Maybe it's just because I find those stories more challenging, so when I feel like I've pulled a scene off for one of them, it seems like a bigger accomplishment .  Anyway, I feel like I've grown a lot more as a writer through collaborating than I would have on my own.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:49 PM »

I have everything ADD (Mare can confirm this lol) but my fanfic ADD is pretty intense these days! I am all over the board with fanfic lately. I have three stories in various states of completion and I'm doing a crappy job of keeping up with reading!

I'm surprised you got through this post without wandering off... lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 07:06:14 PM »

Oh, and also, I totally agree with what you said about collaborating being like taking baby steps, Mel.  Collaborating isn't easy; it's got its own set of challenges, but what I love about it is that I almost never get writer's block on my collaborations .  If I'm feeling stuck or uninspired, I have a co-author to bounce ideas off of or talk about the story with.  I'm not responsible for every part, so I get out of doing a lot of the filler and other stuff I hate having to write in my own stories, and because I have a co-author to please, I put my best effort into every part I do write.  I think my writing for Undead and 00Carter is usually better than the writing I do for my own stories, to be honest LOL.  Maybe it's just because I find those stories more challenging, so when I feel like I've pulled a scene off for one of them, it seems like a bigger accomplishment .  Anyway, I feel like I've grown a lot more as a writer through collaborating than I would have on my own.

This is why I love having good betas!  I've never done a collab, but my beta is usually this person for me.

Mellz Bellz

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 08:07:19 PM »

I've never really collaborated before. I started to back in my early days of writing with my friend Laura and I found it a really good experience, but then she decided to leave the fan fic world. Since then I've never collaborated, but I wouldn't rule it out if the right opportunity presented itself.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 08:54:24 PM »

This is why I love having good betas!  I've never done a collab, but my beta is usually this person for me.

That too. I never really had betas much, I tried a few but it never stuck. But when I started RMTW, the first person I started bouncing chapters and ideas off of was Julie. Even though that story is just me. It's fabulous having that person you can just have be your soundboard and tell you if something sounds funky.

And I agree with Julie about collaborating bringing you to another level. Especially with Undead, I knew I was writing with Julie, who I've always thought is very talented. So I strive in every chapter to have my writing get to her level. Which, over time, I feel brought me to grow as a writer in my own right. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 [2]