Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story for May 2007 - Children Like Me by Mersey

(1/20) > >>

mare:
Hey there!

I have had an extremely crappy month so to make it better I decided to pick one of my recent favorite stories, Children Like Me  :)

There are many reasons why I love this one to bits but i'm hoping you guys will read and draw your own conclusions as to why it's so special.

This is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8302

It's a BSB/Supernatural crossover although you don't have to be a fan of the show to really get this story. If anything this story will make you a fan of the show!

Adorable guys and demons...there ya go!

Mersey is an incredible writer. She's always been one of my favorites, long before I got to know her as a friend. She has an incredible talent when it comes to writing in first person and probably writes one of the best Nick's out there.

So show her some love this month.

As always i'll be in and out as Oprah lol

starbeamz:
Yay for Mersey!! *throws confetti and blows up balloons*

I LOVE this story, and, Mare's right. You don't have to be a fan of Supernatural in order to appreciate everything that happens in the story. Maybe you'll even turn into a Supernatural fan after reading this...I know I did LOL

Children Like Me is full of awesome suspense with some amusing lines and situations added in (ex: Dean and Nick *wiggles brows* and everyone lining their hotel room windows with salt LMAO) I just love Mersey's writing to pieces, and this is yet another tale that she fabulously spun! Congrats, Mersey!

If you haven't read it....you should!!

mare:

--- Quote from: starbeamz2 on May 01, 2007, 11:50:46 AM ---Yay for Mersey!! *throws confetti and blows up balloons*

I LOVE this story, and, Mare's right. You don't have to be a fan of Supernatural in order to appreciate everything that happens in the story. Maybe you'll even turn into a Supernatural fan after reading this...I know I did LOL

Children Like Me is full of awesome suspense with some amusing lines and situations added in (ex: Dean and Nick *wiggles brows* and everyone lining their hotel room windows with salt LMAO) I just love Mersey's writing to pieces, and this is yet another tale that she fabulously spun! Congrats, Mersey!

If you haven't read it....you should!!

--- End quote ---

And I also have to add that i'm not a big fan of crossovers at all. Nor am I a fan of SN fanfics in general so I admit when Mers first posted this one I wasn't all that woohoo-ish over it but it's done in such a way that you can totally tell it's a BSB fic. The SN boys are there to play into the BSB characters. I think there's only one chapter that's mainly Sam and Dean. The rest are BSB with Sam and Dean if that makes sense?

Also there are a ton of great twists and turns and a few mean cliffies! But at least it's complete so you don't have to wait to find out what happens. lol yay!

marina:
Yay! One of my recent favorites too. I mean, what can be better than BSB and Sam and Dean together  ;D

mare:

--- Quote from: marina on May 01, 2007, 08:06:05 PM ---Yay! One of my recent favorites too. I mean, what can be better than BSB and Sam and Dean together  ;D

--- End quote ---

Gosh Maria, you're still a fledgling? lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version