Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: 50 Shades of Grey - kinda curious on everyone's thoughts  (Read 41004 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: 50 Shades of Grey - kinda curious on everyone's thoughts
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2012, 11:07:01 PM »

I am very happy to report no one even mentioned 50 Shades at my book club! :) I knew there was a reason I loved these ladies! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2012, 11:18:48 PM »

Woot!  You must have classier friends than the rest of us! LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »

Apparently lol :p
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2012, 02:53:24 AM »

Glad you weren't subjected to hearing all about it at your book club Mare :)

I'm pleased to say that one of my friends who jumped on the bandwagon and bought the books has actually admitted she doesn't like it! Yay!

myconfession

« Reply #169 on: July 04, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »

Writers actually have to pay Amazon to have their books put on Kindle and I just don't have the money to do that. Maybe I can borrow some from this chick. Lol yeah, I'm jealous. I admit it. Especially if she sucks as an author as badly as most people say she does.

You don't pay to publish to Kindle on Amazon or any other ebook seller. You can get up to 70% commission on sales. And selling a book for .99 cents or $2.99 adds up after a while.

myconfession

« Reply #170 on: July 04, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »

Okay, so having not read the "Twilight" books because I couldn't get past the first chapter of the first book (but have seen the movies), I freakin' loved all three "50 Shades" books. It kind of had that "this is gonna end badly but I want to keep reading anyway" feel to it. Ana's character annoyed the shit out of me, but Christian Grey was so messed up that it just made me want to keep reading.

From what I read, she did start out with publishing the book herself in e-book form. Then a company wanted to publish it for her.

I honestly can't wait to see how they adapt it to a movie. I'm hoping Ian Somendlanblahb lah (can never remember his last name) plays Christian.

I also want Nick to play Elliott (Christian's brother) LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #171 on: July 04, 2012, 01:22:31 PM »

I've seen all over the place that Ian Somerhalder will play Christian in the movie.  He is gorgeous, but I'm not sure anyone could make me part with money to see that film, lol.

myconfession

« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »

According to the author, they haven't even picked a writer yet, so no one has been casted yet. I know Ian wants to play Christian. Apparently everybody wants Ryan Gosling to play him too and that would just be horrible.

I just hope to God Kristen Stewart doesn't play Ana. She annoys the crap out of me.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2012, 01:28:29 PM »

She annoys me too, she never smiles!

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2012, 08:00:42 PM »

She annoys me too, she never smiles!

The lip biting thing. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... the LIP BITING. lol I wanna smack her sometimes! OY VEYY!!! lol
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #175 on: July 04, 2012, 10:31:05 PM »

I've probably posted this somewhere on the forum before, but if you haven't seen it before... dead-on impression of K-Stew LOL.

Speak Like Kristen Stewart: http://youtu.be/zKKAVYI7vdU
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2012, 10:40:30 PM »

That was fantastic LMAO. Thanks for posting, Julie!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2012, 10:41:22 PM »

I've probably posted this somewhere on the forum before, but if you haven't seen it before... dead-on impression of K-Stew LOL.

Speak Like Kristen Stewart: http://youtu.be/zKKAVYI7vdU

LMFAO Unbelievable. That's great!
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2012, 08:09:24 AM »

It kind of had that "this is gonna end badly but I want to keep reading anyway" feel to it.

That was sort of like me. Once I had invested a few chapters I was like "I am GOING to see how this monstrosity ends!" It's sort of like watching Centre Stage. It's terrible, but you still feel compelled to finish watching LOL
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

myconfession

« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2012, 12:08:58 PM »

That was sort of like me. Once I had invested a few chapters I was like "I am GOING to see how this monstrosity ends!" It's sort of like watching Centre Stage. It's terrible, but you still feel compelled to finish watching LOL

That's exactly how I was. I never get into books that are "popular" like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Twilight, I don't know why, so I felt like the same thing was going to happen to his.

I really did hate the ending of the third book. I felt like it was WAY too rushed and it honestly reminded me of a fan fic that someone just got tired of writing and decided to rush the ending.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14