Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26

Author Topic: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day  (Read 58816 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day
« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »

I didn't know there were different versions of some of those other songs either so I'll just say I like the ones released on the radio lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »

The instrumental part of As Long As You Love Me is slightly different on Backstreet's Back, especially at the beginning.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MIBELFORTk

The original version of Quit Playing Games that's on the red album has Brian singing the first two verses, supposedly because Nick's voice was in the process of changing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7TQoTBoh8k  They had Nick record the second verse to put on the US album after they realized he was The Chosen One LOL.

The version of Everybody that's on Backstreet's Back doesn't have the extended beginning, but has the extra verse Nick sings ("So everybody, everywhere...").  For the longest time, I thought that was just something they added when they sang it live, like Kevin's part of the rap in Let's Have a Party (see avatar), and then I got Backstreet's Back and was enlightened.  This is the video for that version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6XE1XRiLeY

I think the US got the better version of ALAYLM, but the rest of the world got the better versions of QPG, Everybody, and that whole damn album! LOL
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 02:31:02 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #362 on: June 22, 2012, 04:18:52 PM »

Thanks for sharing those. I hadnt heard ALAYLM or QPG before. I'm still going with the ones I heard on the radio which were the US versions.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #363 on: June 22, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »

I missed answering a few!

In reply to the plot driven or character driven storyline, I think mine are plot, but I'm not sure.  I just type and see where it goes.

Favourite interviews, hmm, I did like the Frank Skinner one, it was really funny.  I also liked this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDdj8A2wH18  LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #364 on: June 22, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »

Today's question:

Since we had a question dealing with pairings a few days ago, name your favorite story with a pairing and tell us why. I'm only going to list a few but obviously if I didn't mention Thr specific pairing you can add it to the list. I'm just mentioning the more popular pairings.

Your favorite:

Nick and Brian story
Nick and Kevin story
AJ and Howie story
AJ and Brian story
Etc...

Feel free to mention your own if you think it fits the category.

I like Nick and Kevin, Nick and AJ, Nick and Brian...basica lly if Nick is in it :)

Favourite pairing stories would be Something Beautiful, The Importance of Fly Fishing, and I can't think of any others right now.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #365 on: June 22, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »

Another question which is more of a chance to promote your own writing. If you have a pairing story for any of the guys list them and tell us what they are about.

Kevin & ...
Howie & ...
Brian & ...
AJ & ...
Nick & ...

You know, I don't have a pairing story lol. I mean my group stories usually tend to focus on one pair over the other at times. But usually it includes all five and trades off what pair I'm focusing on depending on the story. Though usually it's either Nick and someone, or Brian and someone lol.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #366 on: June 22, 2012, 05:46:21 PM »

1.  Everybody (not the Greatest Hits version)
2.  Quit Playin Games
3.  All I Have To Give
4.  As Long As You Love Me
5.  10,000 Promises
6.  If You Want It To Be Good Girl (get yourself a bad boy)
7.  Nobody But You
8.  Get Down
9.  We've Got It Going On
10. I Wanna Be With You

That's all I can think of

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #367 on: June 22, 2012, 06:48:08 PM »

Hm story pairing.

For Kevin and Nick I'd recommend "When I Grow Up"....Nick and Kevin have disagreements because Nick is so young and tired of Kevin acting like a daddy so he wishes he was older. It's my take on 13 going on 30.

For Nick and Brian I'd recommend Weird World...althou gh its a group story much of it focuses on Nick, Brian and Kevin. Its about Nick being caught up in this conspiracy with management and it's a science fiction.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2012, 07:49:04 PM »

Ooooh stories I'd recommend. I'd definitely say that Hannah's new one, Borrowed Time has a lot of really great Frick and Frack elements to it! She and Jen do a lot of really good pairing stories, actually! They're all really fun!

I don't know that I've written many stories that focus around a specific pairing... I did a one shot that focused on Frick and Frack from Nick's point of view. It's called February Stars.

And my track listing! :)

1. That's The Way I Like It
2. All I Have To Give
3. We've Got It Goin' On
4. Backstreet's Back (Nick version)
5. As Long As You Love Me (US/Video Version)
6. Anywhere For You
7. If You Want It To Be Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy)
8. I Wanna Be With You
9. If I Don't Have You
10. Get Down
11. Quit Playing Games (Nick version)
12. Like a Child
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2012, 08:07:49 PM »

For my own stories, the only pairing story I have ever written is Fly Fishing. Like Rose, I have written a lot of stories where it does feature two of the guys but all five of them are usually in it enough where it doesn't seem like a pairing story.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #370 on: June 23, 2012, 06:13:51 PM »

Does anyone else have stories which they don't even remember writing? 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #371 on: June 23, 2012, 06:18:43 PM »

Good lord yes lol that survey I filled out made me realize how many stories I had written and completely forgotten about. At one point I'm going to have to go back and read some of the ones I completely forgot about.

We're stealing this question as our question of the day lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #372 on: June 23, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »

I've come across loads of short stories on my laptop whilst filling in the questionnaire which I don't remember writing.  Reading them over though, I know why some of them aren't posted, lol *cringes*

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #373 on: June 23, 2012, 07:01:00 PM »

I remember writing all of my stories, but there are definitely some that I look at and think, WHY did I write that?!?!  I forgot the little suicide phase I went through with a couple of those short stories LOL.  Not me personally BEING suicidal, just writing about it.  My angsty little 15-year-old self wrote some dark stuff the summer I spent sleeping in the basement!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »

I think I'm going to have to go back and dig through some of my really old (and really strange) fanfic and add that in when I fill out this survey, lol. I'm not sure if I can remember everything I've written!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26