Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day  (Read 58639 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2012, 08:11:11 AM »

I have no idea how people would perceive me as a writer. I'm sure it used to be that I wrote a lot of Nick romance but since I don't so much any more I'm not sure. Maybe I'm seen as someone who writes really nice bromance fics about the boys? lol or more likely someone who writes a lot but never posts anything is probably more accurate.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2012, 09:22:38 AM »

I think I'm viewed as a sci-fi/fantasy author though it's not all I write.  In fact, Chrono Project is my first sci-fi fanfic and my one fantasy is still sitting at 13 chapters unfinished. I have the vampire fics but those aren't sci-fi or fantasy. HEH.  I have suspense/supernatural/romance stories before my string of sci-fi's this year.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:45 AM »

I'm not sure how other authors see me. I write in a lot of different genres, mostly romance and comedy back when I first began. I've branched out since then. I don't know if I am seen as someone who only writes Nick or not, I've written about all the guys really.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2012, 02:23:40 PM »

I have no idea how other writers see me!  Maybe as someone who'll give anything a go?  Someone who likes to write Nick?  I really don't know.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2012, 05:53:10 PM »

I'm not sure how people see me either - probably as a snob who judges people for their poor grammar. :P  LOL If anything, I'd be pigeonholed as "the cancer queen" for my medical dramas, but I think I've demonstrated over the years that I can write in a wider variety of genres.  My medical dramas just tend to be the most successful!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2012, 07:31:22 PM »

Okay, so the next logical question here is what's the first genre that comes to mind when you see any of the authors named who have posted in the thread? Or what'd the first story you think of when they are mentioned? Only one story.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »

With SakaSteph, I think of Running Up That Hill, mostly because I think it's the only one of hers I've read - sorry, Steph, that's super lame of me!!  I also think of Steph as someone who likes a lot of different fandoms and isn't afraid to experiment in writing for different fandoms and different websites.

With Lore, I think of her vampire stories, as well as her sci-fi/fantasy stuff, though I know she also has some romances under her belt!  I also think of 00Carter because that's the story I got to know her through writing together. :)

With Tracy, I actually think of Star Wars because of her story Attack of the Clones and its sequels, even though I know they have nothing to do with Star Wars (though she is a fan)!!  I know she's written a lot of romance, but I associate her most with my favorite story of hers, Figured You Out, which is a suspense.

With UK Steph, I actually just think "variety" because even though I've only read a few of her stories, they've all been vastly different!  She writes action/adventure stuff like Save a Prayer, drama/fantasy like Rewind, historical fiction, romance, short stories for challenges... Steph does it all!!  So I definitely agree with her answer - she's someone who will give anything a go!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2012, 02:25:43 AM »

LOL thanks Julie :) I am actually rewriting the clone series as one story, Weird World. I've also been wanting to do like a BSB/Star Wars type crossover but don't have enough ideas right now to begin it.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2012, 02:36:44 AM »

As for the question though....

Julie. I think of Curtain Call right away. I haven't read all of her stories but she's great at descriptions and writing drama.

Although one thing will never leave my mind. "do you know the muffin man..."

Sakabelle I am always reminded of Sailor Moon cause we both love it so much, but story I would say Running Up That Hill. I haven't read much of hers but I see she is into so many fandoms which is great. I love variety. She's super fun to talk to.

Lore (Purpura) I think of Science Fiction. There isn't enough of it for me to read and I have read a bunch of her stories but the one that is sticking out for me is Chronos Project, its brilliant.

Mare- You've been my favorite author on the site since I joined, you're the queen of suspense in my book. I've read virtually almost all of your work on AC. I will always associate you with the Biblical Trilogy (Mizpah) such a good series.

Carter Orange I have read a few of yours and we don't talk often but I really enjoyed Save A Prayer. Jordan's death by bot flies sticks out for me. I also like that you're willing to write almost anything.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2012, 10:07:56 AM »

Julie - I do think of the "cancer queen" when I first see her name but I also see those cancer patients coming back as Zombies in an attack on Himtak by Dr. Rough. ;)  LOL

Tracy - Weird World and Figured You Out are the fisrt stories that come to mind... and my mind thinks of the Weird Al song The Saga Begins which is about Star Wars... LOL  I kind of think of science fiction when I think of her because she is such a fan of sci-fi ;)

SakaSteph - the bun head picture! And teletubbies.  Running up That Hill is the only story I know of hers and that's only from seeing it mentioned.  I've actually not read any of her stuff *ducks*  I shall put one on the list post haste...

UKSteph - Rewind is the first one I think of.  It wasn't the first story of her's I read but it was the first one I remember seeing her name associated with.  As for genre, I really do think of her as a jack of all trades as well. 

Mare - I associate with suspenese. I think the only stories of hers I have read have been suspense but I just started to read her stuff ...right as she quits.. typical me. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2012, 05:01:48 PM »

Julie - I associate with plenty of drama, some romance and a bit of torture thrown in, lol.  The story which springs to mind first is Song For The Undead as that's the first one I read of Julie's and it made me want to read more of hers. 

Mare - I think drama/suspense and What Lurks Around The Corner is the story which I think of first.  It's not the first story of Mare's I've read, but the one which sticks in my mind the most.  Loads of twists along the way and kept me guessing.

Lore - I associate with sci fi/romance/AU but I also think she'll have a go at anything.  Chronos Project springs to mind as I love the idea of time travel with a bit of drama/romance thrown in.

Tracy - I think will have a go at anything too, but sci fi/romance comes to mind first.  Figured You Out is suspense though and I really enjoyed it and that's the one I think of when I see Tracy's name.

Steph - I think of romance/drama especially involving Nick :)  The story I think of when I see Steph's name is In Pieces.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

Okay since i'm on my desk top I am catching up on some of my questions. lol

My story ideas come from dreams usually or me laying in bed not being able to sleep and suddenly an idea will flash in my head. I rarely get inspiration from movies or TV.

How do you feel about stories with more than one sequel? Do you tend to write them? What makes you continue to write on one story?

I'm not a fan of sequels usually. I have pretty much regretted writing every sequel I have ever written except Seasons of Change (The sequel to Mel's Tree) I think the biblical trilogy came about because of peer pressure and me finding my writing stride. Everyone kept begging for a sequel and I was afraid if I didn't deliver people would stop reading. Little does one realize most times people stop reading anyway lol The other one I wrote, Scars (there sequel to Protect and Serve) I felt like I had more story to tell but halfway through I just got bored with it and found it almost painful to finish it up.

Do you read any other fanfic fandoms besides the Backstreet Boys? What about when it comes to writing?

I have tried to read other fandoms, I just can't get into them. I don't see myself writing in any other fandom either.

If you could steal one persons fanfic and claim it as your own, which one would it be and why?

Probably Ground Zero by Chaos! It's an awesome story and I wish I had written it first!

I am very happy about Kevin's return. Still not sure how if at all it will impact my writing. LOL

Most overused fanfic plot? I think it depends on the trends, right now it's probably romance based but I remember when it was suspense based, The bus crash, the kidnapped boy etc... I don't really read them anymore so not sure.

How do you think you are perceived as a writer? do you think people pigeon hole you into one style or genre?

I think I'm mainly seen as a suspense girl and I'm okay with that although most of my stuff actually is not suspense but more dramedy. Honestly, I don't think I'm even perceived as a writer anymore, just by people who read me back in the day.

As far as you guys go!

When I think Steph or Tracy, my mind goes to flexibility. They don't seem to be afraid to try new things and constantly branch out. I envy them for that!

When I think Lore, I automatically think fantasy because I know how passionate she is about that genre.

Julie makes me think drama! lol

Saka Steph I think Running Up That Hill because it's awesome.

I hope I didn't leave anyone out. If I did sorry!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »

Tonight's question:

What is the one story you have written you wish no one had ever read and why?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »

Julie - I do think of the "cancer queen" when I first see her name but I also see those cancer patients coming back as Zombies in an attack on Himtak by Dr. Rough. ;)  LOL

OMG I think you just gave me the Curtain Call sequel idea!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2012, 06:37:39 PM »

Tonight's question:

What is the one story you have written you wish no one had ever read and why?

LOL There are so many, but one of them would be a story called "End of the Road," which was one of my early fanfics.  It was a bus crash story, very much inspired by (ripped off of) Whitney's "Where Can We Go From Here?" right down to the scene where the guys sing Nick out of his coma - no, really.  It was - and still is - a terrible, embarrassing story.  Its only redeeming quality is that I had Brian get thrown from the bus and impaled on a fence post, which was a pretty gruesome bit of torture for me back then.  Other than that... no.  Just, no.
~Julie

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26