Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day  (Read 58871 times)

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
Re: Fanfic/writing/fandom etc... Question(s) of the day
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2012, 10:56:33 PM »

OMG I think you just gave me the Curtain Call sequel idea!

Heeeheeee! Lol <3
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »

Fanfic I wish nobody had read? Incomplete. It is still up on AC....it was my second story (I've said before it was my first but I am correcting myself)

The story idea I like, and I might rewrite it....one day. The story is about Nick, classic coma story but he wakes up in an alternate universe. All the guys are opposite of themselves. AJ is a priest, Brian a alcohol swigging male stripper, Howie a homeless man, Kevin a bartender with green hair and well manicured eyebrows.

Basically the storyline was cheesy and even had the guys singing Nick out of a coma via 10,000 Promises. Looking back, I wouldn't have posted that now lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 05:55:12 AM »

lmao wouldn't it be great if people could really be sung out of a coma?

There have been a few I wish I had never written. Most of them are short stories but I think one of the longer ones I wish I had never done was Comedy of Errors! It's the one time I got an idea from a TV show and never again! I decided to write it from the end and go backwards. It was difficult and i'm sure it didn't flow and was just plain dumb!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »

See but I didn't mention in my story the song didn't work. Nick got hit by a car and killed in the other universe and had to choose which world he wanted to be in. I was half asleep when I posted my answer yesterday lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2012, 10:25:27 AM »

lmao wouldn't it be great if people could really be sung out of a coma?

I'm pretty sure if I was in a coma and the Backstreet Boys came to my hospital room to sing to me, I'd come out of it!  I'd have to be brain dead not to! :P
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »

There are Take That stories I've written when I first discovered fanfic which make me cringe and I'm glad that site is no longer around because I'd die of embarrassment if anyone read the first story I ever wrote.  I can't even remember what it was called, but it was typical girl meets popstar and he falls for her immediately, LOL.

As for my BSB stories, yeah, there might be one or two I find a bit cringeworthy but I honestly can't remember half the stuff I've written so couldn't tell you the names of the stories.

As for singing someone out of a coma, lol, I'm sure if I heard BSB singing I'd wake straight up too :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2012, 06:19:25 PM »

What is one genre you haven't written in yet but would LOVE to try?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »

Well I have written in almost everything but fantasy and historical.... but right now I'm actually working on a fantasy story collab with a friend of mine. It will be all original characters, I am pretty excited about it.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2012, 10:48:03 PM »

I feel like I've written in every genre I've really had the urge to write in, but maybe historical fiction?  I have a couple of ideas for historical fiction, but haven't gotten around to attempting them yet.  I'm weird because I LOVE history, but don't usually enjoy reading historical fiction, and the thought of writing it is daunting because there is so much you have to get right to make it true to the period.
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2012, 03:44:43 AM »

I think I've written in every genre apart from fantasy, or maybe my Twilight short story would be classed as fantasy.

Julie, I'm writing a historical one at the moment and am finding that I can't just type whatever comes into my head like usual, I'm having to do a bit of research to hopefully make it a bit believable lol.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2012, 10:25:40 AM »

^ I can see that!  I've had to do a bunch of research on the Amish for Guilty Roads, and that's just a taste of what it would be like to write a (good) historical fiction.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2012, 12:16:17 PM »

Playing the catch up game~

What I think of then I think of specific authors..

With Julie I definitely think of Curtain Call and her cancer stories. Broken/BMS were the first stories I read of hers but I LOVE Curtain Call and I'm really enjoying reading the whole thing all the way through :)

With Lore I think of Chronos Project, even though I haven't read it but I see her talking about it on twitter all the time! I actually don't think I've read anything of hers. I'll get on that!

Tracy is my Sailor Moon buddy lol. The first story of hers I think of is Figured You Out because I loved it so, so much! She also writes so many different types of stories and I see her as someone who isn't afriad to take an idea and run with it right away!

For UK Steph I can't actually think of one specific story and I think that's because she has so many of them! I know I've read a bunch of her stuff but they're all so different and I really envy her ability to branch out and write so many different things.

Mare makes me think of Why I'd Do It All Again because that was one of the first stories of hers I read and it inspired me to move away from romance and try writing something new. Plus that story was amazing and Nick falling out the window always makes me laugh.

What is the one story you have written you wish no one had ever read and why?
Left and Leaving. I hate it. I've only left it on the site because the quality of the actual writing (not the plot/characters) is something I'm proud of. But in all honesty I wish I'd never written that and I'm embarrassed to have it posted on the site.

What is one genre you haven't written in yet but would LOVE to try?
Science Fiction!! And I'm definitely working at it, albeit very slowly. I want the next story I post after Running Up That Hill is finished to be a sci-fi one, but the story idea I have means the entire story will have to be completed before I start posting it. But yeah I'd really love to experiment in that genre and play around in a while different type of world. I envy authors who can do that seemingly so easily because world-building is really difficult for me!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »

Story I wish that no one had read, possibly the sequel to More Than That. I have removed it so no one can read it anymore but it was one sequel that should never have been and it was pretty bad. 

As for genre to write in that I haven't, I am attempting an angsty story and having a tough time and though I have historical points in Chronos Project I would LOVE to just write a historical fiction.

And Saka, I do not talk about Chronos Project all the time... well not anymore, okay mostly..... alright dammit I do.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2012, 05:38:55 PM »

I think I have written in all the genres I would want to. I never did writes romance lol ah well. Maybe next life.

Next question or I guess more like comment

Now that the NKOTBSB tour is finally over, what are your thoughts about it?

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2012, 08:17:31 PM »

I thought it was an awesome tour but I'm glad we are getting our boys back :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26