Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Let the Summer Reading Commence! :O)  (Read 36368 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Let the Summer Reading Commence! :O)
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »

I like the description of the therapist and her strange baubles, lol because I knew who that was based off of.

I loved that therapist too!  She was so quirky, but kind of :crazy::P
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 06:38:02 AM »

Hey all!

It's Wednesday which means check in day. After skimming through it seems like almost everyone is on track with reading which is a great thing. Remember I can only go by reading reviews. If you are reviewing off the site I have no way of knowing. That being said, some of you haven't read anything in quite some time. I know we're all busy but it takes about five to ten minutes to get through one chapter of a story and that's if you are a slow reader.

The first survey is officially due by This Monday, July 2nd. (Yes, I have a due date lol I warned you all how anal I was going to be about this challenge before you signed up!)

By then everyone should have at least read 5 chapters of their story.

Looking forward to reading everyone's comments in here! :)

Happy Reading!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »

I'm about halfway through the story I'm reading.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »

I am now finished through chapter 15 of Remember Me This Way.  So far three of the guys have been told what is going on with Nick, why he's been acting weird.  I like how Rose still puts in information about their past even though as fans we know it.  Helps me remember who the story is about instead of letting my mind drift to putting another face in the predicament.  I know she's not the only author that I've seen do this but I quite enjoy when it's added.  Don't assume your reader knows the history ;)   

I haven't gotten to the Howie "reveal" yet or AJ's reaction but I am liking how she is giving everyone a different way of finding out and not one lump "here's my issue" (though those aren't bad either).   I like how she has each of the guys, believable.  :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »

I've been leaving reviews for every chapter but not getting any responses to them. But I'm on chapter 20 or so I think. Halfway done.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »

Story you are reading: The Other Side of Nick Carter by Ritz

How many chapters are in the story?: 27, so far

What chapter are you currently on?: 16

Are the main characters easily defined and strong?: Very much so. Their personalities are definitely different and have their own qualities. There are a lot of characters that rotate through the story so while they may only have a couple of chapters of "screen time" they are still given plenty of back story and strong characterizati on.

Have you figured out the overall plot of the story?: The plot is pretty much laid out within the first couple of chapters. I haven't quite figured out where it's going to end up (especially since it's not finished) but I've got the lay of the land thus far.

So far what has been your favorite scene?: I think when Nick goes to see the mother in Colorado to tell her that her daughter is dead. It's an emotional scene and I think Ritz wrote it very tastefully.

Has the story been edited enough to read comfortably?: Although Ritz seems to doubt her abilities when it comes to English I think that the story is very well written. Her English is better than most native speakers at most points! There are some areas where you can sort of tell that it's not her first language but I think you'd have to know that going in.

Do you have any questions for the author?: I'm just wondering where the inspiration for the story came from?

Is this something you are looking forward to reading the entire way through?: Yeah, I'm curious to find out what's going to happen.

Is the author responding to your feedback regularly?: No, but I'm not offended because I haven't replied to hers yet lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2012, 04:25:40 PM »

I've been leaving reviews for every chapter but not getting any responses to them. But I'm on chapter 20 or so I think. Halfway done.

I think Erika has trouble replying to reviews on her iPod, I often see chapter notes mentioning this :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »

Weird, I always respond to my reviews and give reviews using my IPod. It's not that easy but it's more than possible and I suck at this stuff! lol I am usually posting from my Ipod except on Wednesdays and the weekends. That includes posting in here and everywhere else.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2012, 07:29:16 PM »

I'm not mad at all. She told me herself that she couldn't reply so it is all good. I just like to see the author's responses when I leave a review.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »

No one said you were mad lol

Hope you're enjoying your concert! :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2012, 08:36:08 PM »

I am :) I realized after I posted that...I do sound irritated. It wasn't intended that way. But I saw Erika leave me a few reviews. I will answer when I get home. :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 04:00:07 AM »

I used to have a problem with reviews on my phone too, then all of a sudden it was fine.

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 07:44:22 AM »

I am done reading Julilly's story!  :bananapower:

I was just planning to read a chapter or two since I have domestic duties to attend to. But when I started chapter 7, I can't bring myself to stop. It was very interesting and I was anxious to know what will happen next that I kept on clicking "next". and the next thing I knew I was done reading Chapter 25. :)

I'll be back for the survey 'cause I want to think about it. I want it to be a good one because Julilly definitely deserves it. :)
A world without Alex is a wasted space.

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »

YAY!! I finally got some free time and I'm on chapter 15 of Figured You Out! I must say that I feel a bit sorry for Nick, but at the same time I feel that he should have listened to his friends and his gut. Valerie who I suspect is Lucy is totally insane and I believe that he does have some fans like that lol. I really like the way Tracy keeps ending the chapters in a suspenseful way and it leaves wanting to find out what's next. She's also informative even if the chapters are short! I'm enjoying the story! 

Also, as I tweeted you for some reason my iPod only let's me respond when it wants. Sometimes I can't even review/post either! It's a real pain in the butt and that's why I always posted a thank you and apology in my notes...lol. I was able to borrow a comp last night and respond to a few reviews. Sowwy :-[

Story you are reading: Figured You Out by DelphinaCarter

How many chapters are in the story? 30

What chapter are you currently on? 15

Are the main characters easily defined and strong? Yes they are.  

Have you figured out the overall plot of the story? Hmmm I think so, but I'm sure there are some twists. 

So far what has been your favorite scene? The part where AJ asks Nick for a condom because he needs some private time with his monkee.

Has the story been edited enough to read comfortably? Yes it has. 

Do you have any questions for the author? Did you outline this story? What inspired the idea?

Is this something you are looking forward to reading the entire way through? Oh yeah! I need to know how far cray cray goes.

Is the author responding to your feedback regularly? Yes she is. Thank you!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:47:18 PM by kevmylove »

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2012, 10:07:56 PM »

Awww. You're awesome Erika! I was a bit busy this week but I have some free time tomorrow to read. I was at a Beach Boys concert last night so I couldn't respond to the reviews, I'm about to do that now. Today I was spending time with my dad. Thank you so much.

The story idea came to me while I was in high school still....about ten years ago. But when I began writing it for AC the idea came from the crazies I would hear about online, stalkerish girls. The ones who would go to every event to meet them in hopes of getting close.

No I didn't outline, I never do. I just winged it and wrote as I went. No planning at all.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13