Fic Talk > Research Assistance

College help

(1/9) > >>

FrickingKaos:
I am planning a new AU story about college life....I can't really say much more other than most of the story will be about pledging a fraternity and living on campus in a regular dorm. If anyone has information on fraternities or dorm living at college I can use any info possible as I have never attended college. Also need information about marine biology.

RokofAges75:
I tweeted you a bunch, but let me know if you have other questions; it'll be easier to post in here than on Twitter!  I never did the Greek thing, and most of my friends didn't either, so I won't be much help with the frat stuff, but I can give you some creepy roommate stories and other dorm info if you need it.

Not sure about marine biology either, but if you want more general info about classes/science lectures and labs, I've been there, done that.

FrickingKaos:
I'm not sure how much of classes I will include. I think I will but it won't be a major aspect of it. Classrooms are large aren't they? Like an auditorium almost?

RokofAges75:
It depends.  Most of my classes weren't big lecture hall type classes; they were smaller classes (maybe 20 people) in regular-size rooms.  The science ones tended to be lecture, in the big auditorium rooms you're picturing, with 100 or so people.  But with the science classes, we'd also have a lab class once a week, and the labs were smaller sections, like under 20 people, and took place in a small science lab.

FrickingKaos:
I see. I'm gonna look up some things on wikipedia and some other websites as well for a visual idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version