Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87781 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »

First of all thanks Julie, Rose, Steph and Tracy for the mentions of my stories. Especially Fly Fishing. I always beam with pride when you guys acknowledge that one. It's always flattering to see someone say you're their favorite.

Now to answer the villains question. To me what makes a great villain is someone who has multi layers. I love writing and thinking of back stories for all my villains, even if I don't make them known to the readers. It's important for me to know why they do the things they do.

You guys covered a lot of the ones I was going to mention like Mo in Scared of Reality and the bodyguard in Mind Games. Also the woman in Seven Days and the guy in charge in Boys in the Basement. Mersey is also a queen of inventing great multi layered villains which is why I named my villain in the Protect and Serve series after her!

As far as the fan in Beautiful Girl, I'm glad you see in her the kind of psycho fan I as trying to create. Someone who was crazy but at first seemed sane. As her life started to spiral so did her mind. Thanks so much for mentioning her. I really take that as a compliment since it was the first short story I ever wrote.

Which brings me to my favorite villain to read, which is the villain because of circumstances beyond their control. The people who can't help but like just a little. Even if they are completely evil, you can kind of see and even understand why they do the things they do. I love reading stories like that! It's probably why Malfoy and Snape were two of my all time favorite villains to read. I loved to hate them but also secretly found myself rooting for them as well. lol I wrote Max hoping for that same kind of feeling so again thanks for mentioning him.

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »

Thanks for the mentions Steph and Tracy.  I quite enjoyed writing Nick in that role. :)  

And I can't believe I forgot Valarie as a villain.... loved her wacko craziness. 
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:59:42 AM by Purpura Lipstick »
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

Valerie was a favourite villain of mine as well.

As for favourite stories for each boy..

Nick:
Read: Curtain Call (even though I am still making my way through it)
Wrote: February Stars

Brian:
Read: Borrowed Time
Wrote: Nick's Dirty Kicks

AJ:
Read: Documentaries
Wrote: Pranking the Prankster

Howie:
Read: Thoughts from the English Countryside (from Mare's Scattered Pictures collection)
Wrote: Nothing Good Happens After 2am

Kevin:
Read: Here We Go Again (also from Mare's Scattered Pictures collection)
Wrote: I Close the Door

A lot of those are newer but I have a terrible memory for stuff I've read lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2012, 01:42:59 PM »

Thanks, Steph lol Documentaries rocks!

Your Curtain Call mention brings me to a very morbid question lol

If one of the boys were dying and decided to do a final goodbye tour, would you go?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »

Haha, you did ask it!

I think I would go if I was able to.  I would be a mess, but if it was the choice between seeing them perform one last time and not seeing them perform, I'd rather go and see them perform, even if it was going to be horribly emotional.  Like most things I write in stories, though, that is something I never want to happen in real life!

Thanks for listing CC as your favorite, Steph!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #215 on: July 31, 2012, 02:17:26 PM »

I would go, but I'm sure I would be crying the entire show.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #216 on: July 31, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »

I don't think I'd be able to do it. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I probably would only be able to watch it long after the fact if it came out on DVD or something.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

I would be a mess before and after but during I can only hope that I would be caught up in the moment so that I have memories of the final concert.  I would want to be there for sure.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2012, 02:57:44 PM »

If I was able to go, then I would go.  But like everyone else, I would be a mess and would probably cry through the whole show, whilst singing along too.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »

Yeah I agree, Lore. I'd probably be a mess afterwards as well and I definitely would not have the same post concert bliss.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2012, 03:18:40 PM »

I am completely undecided. Part of me wants to go but the other part says it's too emotional for me. I'd hate to see it be the very last time I'd go to a show :(

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »

So, I'm possibly the only wuss then? lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2012, 04:15:47 PM »

I mean, as difficult as it would be I just wouldn't want to miss out on the chance to see them one last time.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »

As morbid as this sounds, I would see it almost like a funeral.  No one goes to a funeral for the fun of it; you know it's going to be sad, but you go anyway because you love that person and want to give them a send-off with other people who love them too.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »

I would definitely go. I would probably be like Lore and Steph and reality would hit me after. I hope that never happens though.

Favorite stories of each BSB...

AJ
Read: hmmm can't think of one he's usually the sidekick
Wrote: Sinister Devotion (AJ as Jak the assassin was a pretty fun thing to write.)

Nick
Read: On Nightingale Hill by Filiklepto/Life According to Baylee by Alota_cookin
Wrote: Fight Me (Nick as a fighter is pretty hot! :drools:)

Kevin
Read: Chronos Project by PurpuraLipstic k
Wrote: Safest Place (This was my first attempt at writing one of the guys sick and dying. Heh... I chose Kevin for it!)

Brian:
Read: It Stay With You by Mare
Wrote: none so far...oops!

Howie:
Read: Sweet Little Lullaby by Anastacia
Wrote: Driving Me Crazy (it would be Howie that let's AJ pawn his fiancé on him to tag along on a road trip from Florida to california and fall in love with her in the process.

Group
Read: Searching for Mercy by Honey
Wrote: I usually include all te guys in my stories. I have yet to write a group focused story.

That's so awesome SD is a favorite of yours Lore and Steph! Thank you!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33