Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 7  (Read 47740 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: Question of the day part 7
« Reply #120 on: September 20, 2012, 07:57:37 AM »

The story I'm most proud of is a 1D story called Inside My Head. It was basically the same as Running Up That Hill. I guess the BSB story I'm most proud of is Nick's Dirty Kicks.

The story that has taken me the longest to write is the actual Running Up That Hill lol.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #121 on: September 20, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »

I can't decide which story I'm most proud of, it's a tie between Patience (a Take That romance/drama story which is probably crap if I read it back now) and Save A Prayer.

The story which has taken the longest is Maybe Tomorrow, I'm really crap at writing/updating recently and can't seem to get motivated to open my word document :(

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #122 on: September 20, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »

It's been kind of dead here! I miss everyone :(

Anyways, what is the one story you have written that you're most proud of?

What is the fastest amount of time you've taken writing a story? The longest?

As a whole story, I'm most proud of Curtain Call.  Based on individual parts, though, I think some of my best writing has gone into 00Carter.

Not counting one-shots, the fastest I've written a story has been about a month; I used to average a story a month when I first started writing, but those were all pretty short as far as "novels" go.  The longest I've taken while actually updating the story consistently was about four years - that was By My Side, and it was just because it was so damn long!  I have other stories that have been "in progress" longer than four years, but they aren't stories that I've written on regularly.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2012, 09:32:46 AM »

I'm really crap at writing/updating recently and can't seem to get motivated to open my word document :(

ditto!  I have written 250 words in the last 2 weeks. :( 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #124 on: September 21, 2012, 01:43:40 PM »

That's more than I've written Lore! We need a brainstorming session on AIM :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »

I haven't written anything in over a month!  I keep waiting for a weekend when I have nothing else going on, but it hasn't happened yet since school started.  Ugh.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »

Luckily I haven't had trouble writing. I've only been concentrating on one story lately with daily updates for Finding Carter. I'm so happy my muse hasn't given up on that one :)

Hope you all get your mojo back soon!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2012, 08:30:43 AM »

What is this writing thing you speak of? I do not understand what those words mean?

Story i'm most proud of really depends on what kind of proud. For overcoming my overall anxiety about putting myself out there and on the net, it would probably be Mizpah since that was the first fanfic I ever wrote and the first thing I allowed anyone to read. I'm most proud of Lurks and Protect and Serve for the intricate storylines and plots though.

The story that took me the longest to write was probably Scars Run Deep and Wide. There were long gaps of nothingness in that one, but I finally did finish it at least lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #128 on: September 22, 2012, 08:37:42 AM »

Today's question: What do you consider the best form of feedback? Concrit, when readers guess what's really happening before you post the next chapter, when readers tell you they became over emotional when reading or relate to something you've written, when readers are totoally surprised by the outcome or just getting a review and knowing someone is reading in general? Of course feel free to use other examples, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what I was trying to say lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #129 on: September 22, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »

I don't really mind what kind of reviews I get.  I know when I leave reviews, sometimes I'll be trying to guess what comes next, or sometimes stories have left me in tears (RMTW and Curtain Call for example) and I'll say that in my review, lol.  I don't give concrit unless someone wants it or if it's part of a challenge.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #130 on: September 22, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »

Of course I appreciate any kind of review, but my favorites are the ones that comment on my writing style or the reviewer's emotional response to a part of my story, whether it made them laugh out loud, cringe, or cry.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #131 on: September 22, 2012, 02:16:31 PM »

I like the reviews that tell me about my writing style as well or what the person enjoyed about the chapter. I have gotten a reader telling me over twitter that they cried reading one of my one shots which was a really nice compliment. I also like the ones who let me know they're reading or that they are catching up. It means a lot that they liked it that much.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #132 on: September 22, 2012, 05:01:22 PM »

I appreciate any review I get as long as people aren't asking me for a sequel and then proceeding to tell me exactly what should happen in said sequel My favourites are the ones where people tell me specifically what they liked, or even when they have predictions or insights as to what might happen. I love it when people pick up on the little hints I drop!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #133 on: September 22, 2012, 06:49:48 PM »

Yeah I LOVE when readers pick up on hints I leave. Which is why right now you're my favorite reader, Steph :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2012, 12:09:51 PM »

What story currently has you hooked?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19