Fic Talk > Felix Awards

Felix Awards Season Five!

<< < (3/13) > >>

FrickingKaos:
I've been so busy. Its hard to do the nominations without a computer. It's a process so I will try to get mine in soon

Rose:
I should get a gold star for having been so prompt lol.

mare:
You Definitely were lol

RokofAges75:
It is a process; I really had to put some thought into it this year.  I like the fact that the genre categories prevent the same stories and authors from being nominated for everything, but it does require you to broaden your horizons when nominating, unless you're a reader who reads a little of everything.  Not that you have to nominate in every category, but since there are so few categories and so many deserving authors, I wanted to fill every field on the form. I  don't think I ended up nominating in every category, but I did most of them.

mare:
It does take time and effort, but real awards should. I know it's a pain in the butt to put links and really sort out who should win what and then make sure they haven't already won etc... but then in the end, the people who really deserve to win should.

Then again, it's usually the people who don't bother doing all the work who are the same ones who complain that it's unfair and that the same people seem to win every year. Maybe if more people were actively involved we'd have a more diverse group of nominees.

I do think it's great to fill in every category but you shouldn't really nominate anything unless you've actually read it. So hopefully you guys are just truly nominating based on things you have read and enjoyed and not because your friend wrote it. Remember they can be older stories too, or from anyone on AC, not just people on this forum.

:) Voting ends at the end of the month!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version