Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 8  (Read 47967 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the day part 8
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »

My muse is dead.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 01:04:42 PM »

Talking to people can usually spur my muse. sometimes an idea will bring it back, other times it will just hit me that I want to write so I do.  Right now I'm in one of my phases of not really wanting to write even though I want to finish the story I have started and want to write this other idea that I have ... I just stare at the document and write nothing. 

I have to just let my muse come back, but more often then not I have to "force" it out.  Not that I force the writing, I just have to open the document and tell myself I won't do anything else until I write a chapter or something.  It works when I make myself do it.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 01:05:52 PM »

Yeah mine is hanging by a thread :( lost motivation after Finding Carter.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 02:44:15 PM »

I miss this thread being updated every day!

As a follow up to the last question, what are some scenes you've written that have really stuck with you, the ones you think of first when you think of a certain story or find yourself going back to read?

The one which really stays with me has to be Jordan and his bot flies in Save A Prayer, lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »

I have a question myself: Have you ever lost motivation to write anything new? And if so, how long did it take you to get it back? What did you do to reawaken your muse?

I've currently lost my motivation and it's probably the longest I've gone without writing since I started writing fanfics :(  I don't know how I'll get the mojo back, but I'm hoping it will return soon.  Perhaps I need to stop watching TV!

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »

I've currently lost my motivation and it's probably the longest I've gone without writing since I started writing fanfics :(  I don't know how I'll get the mojo back, but I'm hoping it will return soon.  Perhaps I need to stop watching TV!

I need to stop watching TV and reading books! LOL but it's the fall season and lots of shows came back... lol. 

Of course if I ever logged on AIM during your evening or on the weekends so we can chat it might help us both!
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 02:51:02 PM »

Yes, we need an AIM catch up! 

There's so much good stuff on TV right now, like tonight it's Vampire Diaries and True Blood :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 06:05:23 PM »

I've been kind of in the same boat as a lot of you with the dead/comatose muse thing.  Mine seems to be slowly waking up.  I blame it mostly on being busy and having too many other things to do and too much on my mind to focus on writing.

I am slowly starting to get back into the swing of things by writing some parts for my collaborations, but I haven't written anything on any of my own projects since I finished Secrets of the Heart in August.  I had to force myself to finish a part for Undead before Halloween, but that did seem to wake up my muse because I have done some writing on 00Carter now too.  Like Lore said, sometimes you do just have to force it to an extent, or it will never happen.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 06:20:52 PM »

My muse kind of died after Finding Carter ended. I was cranking out daily chapters and now I can't write anything new, mostly due to some confidence issues. I hope I can get it back.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »

Mine was just starting to wake up before what happened to my mom. Like I was starting to write on a chapter I'd long had sitting. Then that happened and as much as I want to, because it's cathartic, I really can't focus on any writing right now. I think I might try and force it and see what happens.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 07:57:05 PM »

As cathartic as writing can be, I do find it really hard to focus when I'm truly upset about something going on in real life because I can't stop thinking about it long enough to concentrate on the story.  Only once in awhile does that actually work.  I write best when I am stress-free and commitment-less, and how often does that actually happen? LOL  Pretty much only in the summer or on holiday breaks!  The rest of the year, I'm lucky if I can even get much writing done on the weekends.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 08:07:51 PM »

New questions:

What's the most cathartic writing experience you've had?

What's the most personal story (or scene) you've written?
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 08:23:48 PM »

Most cathartic is writing Aaron in Remember Me This Way. I took the Aaron we saw on Twitter (an ass lol) and mixed it with my brother, who's always had horrible substance abuse problems. Even though I'm younger, I was always in the place of Nick. Where I did well in what I tried to do and my brother blamed me for all his failings. I did everything I could to help despite him hating me (not to go into too much detail) but you hit this point where you learn to just let go. So writing that out from Nick's perspective really helped me deal with it cause I had a lot going on with my brother as I wrote that story.

As for most personal...I think the Carter family bits in RMTW. My family is pretty dysfunctional (just not on the same level lol) but we're more loyal to each other. And thankfully my parents were NOTHING like his LOL. But I found when I wrote about Nick's family, a lot of my emotions on my own got tied up into that.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:26:00 PM by Rose »
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »

As cathartic as writing can be, I do find it really hard to focus when I'm truly upset about something going on in real life because I can't stop thinking about it long enough to concentrate on the story.  Only once in awhile does that actually work.  I write best when I am stress-free and commitment-less, and how often does that actually happen? LOL  Pretty much only in the summer or on holiday breaks!  The rest of the year, I'm lucky if I can even get much writing done on the weekends.

Same here, which is why my muse is very dead! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 08:38:24 PM »

New questions:

What's the most cathartic writing experience you've had?

What's the most personal story (or scene) you've written?

Good questions! For me the most cathartic and personal come from the same story, Season's of Change. Writing that story in general was a very cathartic experience for me since so much of it was pulled from my actual life. It's hard to write an autobiography and then 'fictionalize' it but it ended up really helping me heal from many of those things.

The most personal chapter I've ever written was my birthday chapter in Seasons because it was the most real thing I've ever written. Pretty much every ounce of that chapter was pure true story so much so that it took me several days to write it and I was very hesitant to ever post it. It felt like I was sharing a page from my diary for everyone to see, even though at the time no one knew it but me. LOL

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19