Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Question of the day part 8  (Read 48308 times)

Alexsgirl_ritz

• Major Disruption
Re: Question of the day part 8
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 03:19:51 AM »

Here are some more questions to make up for the lack of ones lately.

Have you ever written a story by request?

nope. I think no one would ever request for me to write a story for them. lol

Do people ever ask you to include their names in your stories? If so, do you listen to them?

I dont have many readers so like my answer in previous question, I would never experience this.

Have you ever made yourself the main female character in your stories?

Yes, but that story is not here in AC or any other site.

Which character that you've written has come closest to you personality wise?

all my female characters have a little bit of me in them. :)

Which story of yours do you think would translate best as an OF or can be turned into a fic for a different fandom?

none

When writing a story, which boys do you tend to pair up as the main characters?

DO you find it boring or entertaining to write or read about only one boy as compared to the group?

boring. I love to read/write about the group.

Is there a story you wish you had written instead of someone else? Which one and why?

there's a lot! LOL

A world without Alex is a wasted space.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:46 AM »

Have you ever written a story by request?
Yes, yes I have.  I had a reader who had started a story but didn't finish it.  She requested that I take a look at it and write it if I wanted.  ... well I did and I finished it and wrote a sequel and am still in the middle of the prequel ..and they are all posted on AC

Do people ever ask you to include their names in your stories? If so, do you listen to them?
Yes I've been asked and I have included them.  I always tell people that if I am going to use them in my story it will be how I need them to be so typically I just use their name and make the character what I need them to be for the story anyway. 

Have you ever made yourself the main female character in your stories?
Um, yes. *whistles*  And it is posted on AC... I usually find a way to stick a red headed woman in to stories and at times she's me but not usually the lead anymore.

Which character that you've written has come closest to you personality wise?
I don't think I have one that really is that close to me. I think all the females have traits that are mine but maybe Lena from my OF of Wulf's Bane comes the closest.

Which story of yours do you think would translate best as an OF or can be turned into a fic for a different fandom?
Wulf’s Bane is a fanfic of a different fandom that includes Nick.  It is also the one I’m trying to turn into an OF.  It may not be the one that translates the best though because I have to change a lot of it to make it OF.   I think Chronos Project might be the easiest to translate to OF.

When writing a story, which boys do you tend to pair up as the main characters?
Nick and Kevin are the only two that I’ve used when there have been 2 main male leads.  Most of my other stories focus more on one boy or all of them.

DO you find it boring or entertaining to write or read about only one boy as compared to the group?
Nope. I read the story that interests me whether there is only one of the guys or all of the guys. 
As for writing, I write what the story calls for.  If it’s a Nick focused story I don’t typically have the other guys except for mentions and sometimes those get hard but I think that’s more plot than character driven for me.

Is there a story you wish you had written instead of someone else? Which one and why?
There are many plot lines that I wish I had come up with and written.   I would have loved to come up with the idea for The Other Side of Nick Carter and Rewind, to name a couple, but I doubt mine would have been anything like Ritz’s or Steph’s.   I don’t wish I had written them, I just wish I had come up with the ideas.  
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2012, 06:16:09 AM »

I'm not sure how this will sound but now that the nominations came out I have a question.

Have you ever written a story that you were pretty sure would make it to the awards nominations and didn't?

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »

I never expect anything of mine to be nominated :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »

I never know what to expect with nominations.  Usually it's the other way around - I'm surprised when a story I didn't expect to be nominated gets a nomination.  I was delighted to see Secrets of the Heart nominated several times because that is the story I slaved over all summer, but because not a lot of people read it, I thought it would be overlooked.  I was also surprised that unfinished Guilty Roads and my April Fool's joke story got nominated.  I always hope someone will think of me and deem my stuff worthy to nominate, but then I'm always surprised to see my name or stories on the list of nominees.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

BSBShania

• Innocent Bystander
  • Just Dancing
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »

Being a new writer, I was like "If one of these two gets nominated,  I'm one lucky teen" LOL I knew there was a 99.9% chance they weren't gonna get nominated.
Shania

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2012, 01:55:04 AM »

I was really shocked that I got nominsted for anything this year. Especially Finding Carter....but I am really pleased and flattered. I was surprised last year when FYO got nominated as well.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2012, 08:08:19 AM »

I think you can only get nominated if people bother to nominate you. If people don't take the time to nominate your stuff, then no matter how good it is, it's going to get overlooked. Yes, I'm still annoyed about the lack of participation this year.

As far as me, like everyone else said, I tend to be more surprised when something I think totally doesn't deserve to be nominated for something does rather than the other way around.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2012, 08:09:26 AM »

I guess a good question along those lines, is what do you think about awards in general? Do you think they really mean something or just a popularity contest?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2012, 12:28:34 PM »

I love the awards!  They are a great way to celebrate good stories.  Sometimes I'll see a story nominated or which has won, and then go and read that story if I haven't already.

I don't think it should be about nominating friends, it should be all about the writing.

BSBShania

• Innocent Bystander
  • Just Dancing
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2012, 01:39:51 PM »

I look at the nominations and be like"wow they really excell in that genre this year"
Shania

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »

I would rathervsomeone nominated me because they liked my work, not because we were friends. To me the awards means something because people vote and I dont think it's a popularity contest, look at the variety of nominees....th ere are a lot of new oeople this year.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2012, 12:08:10 AM »

That's one thing, I like awards, they're fun. But I never nominate ANYONE unless I feel their writing deserves it. Are some of them friends? Sure but it doesn't lesson how much I loved their story and my feelings it should be nominated. And if someone's my friend it doesn't mean I'd nominate them for something or even vote for them.

And when people make deals to nominate each other to go around the self nominating rule I think that's lame. I do think people should participate more. I love the Felix Awards and will be so sad if they don't happen again next year cause some people are lame.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2012, 03:08:50 AM »

I'd be sad if this was the last year too :(

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »

I guess a good question along those lines, is what do you think about awards in general? Do you think they really mean something or just a popularity contest?

I think awards are fun.  They're a way to recognize the time and effort we put into a hobby that we do purely for pleasure, not for profit.  Are they meaningful?  I think that depends on a lot of factors, including how "legit" the award creators make them (how nominees are chosen, how winners are decided, what limitations there are, etc.) and how they are viewed by recipients.  Personally, it means a lot to me to be nominated or to win an award.  It's a nice honor.

I do think any fanfic awards that decides its winners by voting is a popularity contest, but I also think that popularity is based on writing, not personality.  Most of us are online friends who knew each other as readers and writers before we connected on a more personal level, so I think writing talent and reading preference is what determines nominees and winners, not who is friends with whom.  I would never nominate someone just because they're my friend, but do I nominate friends whose stories I genuinely enjoy?  Absolutely!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19