Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51792 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New music!
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »

I was just looking at the tracklisting and who wrote what on Wikipedia, and Nick wrote a lot for this album!  I'm impressed.  He's come so far from the days of "Nicky Writes a Song" (http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/nickyhumor.html) LOL.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2013, 10:23:25 AM »

I'm tempted to use that line for a Brian/Nick story.  :D :D :D

Well, Shorty didn't have a radio so maybe that's why Nick came up with the line of the cavemen. LOL

LMAO!!  Yeah, Shorty didn't have cable either.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2013, 10:30:37 AM »

She's A Dream is pretty bad but almost everything on that cd is bad lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2013, 10:32:09 AM »

I was just looking at the tracklisting and who wrote what on Wikipedia, and Nick wrote a lot for this album!  I'm impressed.  He's come so far from the days of "Nicky Writes a Song" (http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/dwlyn/nickyhumor.html) LOL.

I am so proud of him. All of them seem to have grown by leaps & bounds! Writing wise!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2013, 10:45:34 AM »

She's A Dream is pretty bad but almost everything on that cd is bad lol

From TIU I only save Shattered and Undone. Though most of the songs were so much better live, especially All Of Your Life. My mom still loves that song!

LMAO!!  Yeah, Shorty didn't have cable either.

So now we know that Shorty was a cavewoman!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2013, 10:52:04 AM »

So 10 songs off an album that has 12 tracks?  I know some of those are just bonus tracks, but still, that is crazy!!!  I get the Boys wanting to build hype and maybe to release it on their own terms instead of waiting for it to leak, but it wouldn't have leaked if they'd kept it under wraps.  Why release SO many songs in advance?  It annoys me!  I only gave into temptation with two songs, Feels Like Home and Madeleine, and then I stopped listening.  I want the majority of the album to be new when it comes out; it's not as much fun if I've already heard all the songs.  At this rate, I've already heard a third of them.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are doing this either. I think they did the same thing for Never Gone. I feel like that was another album where I heard almost all the songs before they were released. I am kind of happy they are doing it since I can't really get the CD until a few weeks after it's released. I have been cheating with everything this time around. I plan on watching all the tour stuff too since I won't be able to do that either.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

From TIU I only save Shattered and Undone. Though most of the songs were so much better live, especially All Of Your Life. My mom still loves that song!

I can honestly say I have only ever listened to that CD once in it's entirety lol I HATED it! I did like Shattered though.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2013, 10:57:17 AM »

So now we know that Shorty was a cavewoman!

I liked All of Your Life a lot better after seeing it live, too!  I never disliked it; it was just kind of a generic pop song (as most of the songs on TIU are), but it was so cute live!

I like most of TIU, but the songs I don't like, I REALLY don't like, and there are more of those than on other albums.  But I still love Straight Through My Heart, If I Knew Then, This Is Us, and Masquerade.

Shorty being a cavewoman gives me greater appreciation for that song LOL.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are doing this either. I think they did the same thing for Never Gone. I feel like that was another album where I heard almost all the songs before they were released. I am kind of happy they are doing it since I can't really get the CD until a few weeks after it's released. I have been cheating with everything this time around. I plan on watching all the tour stuff too since I won't be able to do that either.

Never Gone was weird because they did that club tour months before it came out and sang some of the new songs, so we'd heard about half of them through that - Beautiful Woman, Poster Girl, Weird World, Climbing the Walls, Incomplete of course, and maybe I Still?  I still think half of NG was new to me when it came out, though, and I don't remember going out of my way to avoid leaks - I pretty much watched and listened to everything during that era.

I know a few songs off Unbreakable leaked, and because of that, I know I avoided the leaks like the plague for TIU.  The only song I'd heard when that came out was Straight Through My Heart.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/Backstreet-Boys/e/B000APTLZA
And we have another one! LOL Soldier.

I liked All of Your Life a lot better after seeing it live, too!  I never disliked it; it was just kind of a generic pop song (as most of the songs on TIU are), but it was so cute live!

I like most of TIU, but the songs I don't like, I REALLY don't like, and there are more of those than on other albums.  But I still love Straight Through My Heart, If I Knew Then, This Is Us, and Masquerade.

Shorty being a cavewoman gives me greater appreciation for that song LOL.

My mom loves so much "Straight Through my heart" that I made that song her ringtone. LOL Mine, for awhile, was Brian's version "Straight through my throat, I love coffee so much and I can't wait to drink it".
But even Shorty was so much better live!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2013, 11:03:54 AM »

I can understand listening to all the leaks if you're not going to get the album right away; that way you're not missing out.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

I can understand listening to all the leaks if you're not going to get the album right away; that way you're not missing out.

I'm listening to all the leaks and I've already pre-ordered the album. I don't know if I'll be able to buy the physical one because I don't have a music store nearby. But, really, I'm loving this album. It's really amazing.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/Backstreet-Boys/e/B000APTLZA
And we have another one! LOL Soldier.

My mom loves so much "Straight Through my heart" that I made that song her ringtone. LOL Mine, for awhile, was Brian's version "Straight through my throat, I love coffee so much and I can't wait to drink it".
But even Shorty was so much better live!

Nooo, not another one!  So if Mare's list is right, this means the only songs that haven't leaked fully are Breathe and Try, and we've heard clips of those.  So basically, if you've been listening to all of the leaks, you've already heard the whole album LOL.  Fail!

I didn't even like Shorty better live.  I did like PDA better live, and Bye Bye Love didn't make my ears bleed in concert as much as it does on the album, so most of the bad songs were better that way.

~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »

I'm listening to all the leaks and I've already pre-ordered the album. I don't know if I'll be able to buy the physical one because I don't have a music store nearby. But, really, I'm loving this album. It's really amazing.

BSB are about the only group I'll still buy a physical CD for.  I can't remember the last time I actually walked into a story and purchased a CD - actually, yes I do; it was probably TIU LOL.  But I will be first in line when Target opens on Tuesday!  I was going to get it at Walmart at midnight, but since the Target version here has bonus tracks, I guess I can wait a few more hours.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »

Nooo, not another one!  So if Mare's list is right, this means the only songs that haven't leaked fully are Breathe and Try, and we've heard clips of those.  So basically, if you've been listening to all of the leaks, you've already heard the whole album LOL.  Fail!

I didn't even like Shorty better live.  I did like PDA better live, and Bye Bye Love didn't make my ears bleed in concert as much as it does on the album, so most of the bad songs were better that way.

Actually, BSB China has already all the songs. LOL And I couldn't help but listen to "Breathe". Oh My God. It's amazing.

BSB are about the only group I'll still buy a physical CD for.  I can't remember the last time I actually walked into a story and purchased a CD - actually, yes I do; it was probably TIU LOL.  But I will be first in line when Target opens on Tuesday!  I was going to get it at Walmart at midnight, but since the Target version here has bonus tracks, I guess I can wait a few more hours.

I'm like you. Not only I still buy the physical album but I search for the special edition and things like that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35