Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (23/44) > >>

FrickingKaos:
Halfway there survey (Only to be completed once you have gotten at least halfway through your story)

Name of story: Love Story by mamogirl

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?

-Not really, as I told her in a review, I am having trouble getting into the story because the chapters jump around. Her wriring is excellent so that makes up for this however.

2) So far who is your favorite character and why?

-Brian, he is shy and unsure of himself, I can kind of relate to him.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)

-Nope lol not really....I suppose that Nick and Brian will end up living together and being serious as a couple.

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit?

-The summary is song lyrics...I think they sum up everything just fine.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observation

-She writes extremely well for someone whose first language is not English. i was very impressed.

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.

-I honestly would have....the writing is great, the description is wonderful but I just don't read slash because I have a hard time picturing them being together like this, although it is an AU. It isn't anything personal, slash is just not my thing.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of)  -There are some but because she doesn't use English primarily....I let the minor stuff go. Her writing is wonderful.

8) Do you have any questions for the authority in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?

-What made you get into writing slash and did you do any research for this story?

usako:

--- Quote from: DelphinaCarter on July 07, 2013, 08:32:21 AM ---

8) Do you have any questions for the authority in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?

-What made you get into writing slash and did you do any research for this story?

--- End quote ---

I've started writing slash because I've always loved Brian and Nick's relationship. Actually, Nick's frienship with Brian is the only thing that makes me like Nick. It's a little bit twisted, I know. lol But, maybe because I've came into the fandom really late (back in 2010), there weren't a lot of stories about their relationship. Most of stories are Nick's centered or about this original female character and the guys sort of rotate around her. I've never loved this kind of stories, I want to read about the guys and how they might deal with certains situations. The step from simply writing and writing slash is very simple: I do think that Brian and Nick would make the perfect couple ever! They're cute and having both of them as the main characters gives me the possibility to write only about them and the group.
Actually, I've never asked myself why I love slash. I suppose it's the same thing as asking someone "why do you write het?" At least, to me.

As for the research, yes. I did it. Aside from the cafeteria, I've researched most of the places that I used in the story. I even bought a tour guide of New York so I could be the most realistic possible. The "Frick" museum really exists (I laughed when I found it out!) and I've always had a map of Central Park, along with pictures from Google images, so I could know where to put the characters and move them around.

--- Quote from: DelphinaCarter on July 07, 2013, 08:32:21 AM ---

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)

-Nope lol not really....I suppose that Nick and Brian will end up living together and being serious as a couple.

--- End quote ---

There's a drama in the future. I hope to have the chapters translated before you've finished the challange.  :)

--- Quote ---
2) So far who is your favorite character and why?

-Brian, he is shy and unsure of himself, I can kind of relate to him.

--- End quote ---

This Brian is a lot based on myself. Most of his insecurities are mine.

And, well, thanks for the compliments  :blushes: I'm always insecure when it comes to writing but with English I'm way more insecure because sometimes I've trouble with the order of words or the exact translation. Especially with slangs and American words. So, thank you :blushes:

mare:

--- Quote from: Alexsgirl_ritz on July 07, 2013, 04:16:59 AM ---
Yes, I think you did. lol There was a part where the guys were talking about when did they found out that Santa wasnt real. Brian learned that Nick never experienced a visit from Santa and he said somthing like Nick will experience one in his mind. I actually waiting for that in the final chapter but I was not disappointed when it did not happen cause I absolutely loved the ending. :) A one shot about Nickwill be so much appreciated on Christmas. lol

--- End quote ---

I will make that a goal of mine then! A Nick Christmas story that will tie in to that scene! lol :)

Of course this means I'll have to read it first lmao

Alexsgirl_ritz:
^ I will be looking forward to that. That would be a really nice christmas gift.  8-)

mare:
You might have to remind me though lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version