Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (9/44) > >>

usako:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on June 14, 2013, 08:33:02 AM ---

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?  So what WAS Brian so upset about?  The only hint I got was where it said "what he shouldn’t had said, like that day" - maybe he had a fight with Nick?  It wasn't clear, but like I said in my review, I don't think that was the point of the story either.  I'm just wondering what the back story was in your mind. :)

--- End quote ---

There isn't a back story in my mind, I wrote that story a day when I was feeling really low and needed a hug so I kinda conveyed those feeling into Brian.  :D In my mind, Brian is the kinda of guy that internalize everything so it comes to a point when it takes only a small thing, a joke or a owrd taken in the wrong way, to make him break down.
Also, especially with one-short, I tend to leave something open in case I might get inspired to write more. That's the case of "Crash and Burn",I might go back and write something more. Who knows?  :D

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on June 14, 2013, 08:33:02 AM ---
1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?  It was pretty easy to follow.  The only thing that might make it difficult for some readers is that some of the descriptions are overly wordy and/or awkwardly-worded.  However, since I know English isn't Cinzia's first language, I didn't let that bother me.  Anyone who can write this well in a second language has my respect!

--- End quote ---

Thank you. This is one of the few story that I wrote in English, without the long process to first write in Italian and then translate it.

RokofAges75:
Thanks for your reply!  That sounds like it would be difficult, having to translate most of what you write into another language.  About as difficult as writing it in the second language to begin with!

I am nowhere near fluent in another language, but I did take four years of German in high school, and if I were to attempt to write a story in German, it would either have horrible grammar or be very simplistic so as not to butcher the grammar too badly.  So again, I admire your ability to craft those long, sophisticated descriptions in English!

mare:
Readers survey (To be completed once the person reading your story is finished)

Story: The Long Road Home

Person reading it: Emily

1) When you found out this person was reading your story what were your initial thoughts?

I honestly didn't know what to expect. I wasn't that familiar with Emily so I wasn't sure if she would like the kind of stories I wrote.

2) Did your reader leave you an adequate amount of feedback and was it helpful to you?

She left me comments on every chapter and they were very insightful and helpful

3) Did you find yourself going back to read your story as a result of the feedback?

No, but mostly because I was too lazy lol I might go back and read it now though, out of curiosity

4) Do you have any questions for the person reading your story?

Nope, she was very clear and concise with her feedback.

5) Overall did you find the experience a good one or a bad one?

I had a great time! Thanks, Emily!

Carter-Orange:
In case you are wondering why I've not started on yours yet Erika, I'm reading them one at a time, so will be starting yours in the next couple of days once I've finished Mare's :)

mare:
Halfway there survey (Only to be completed once you have gotten at least halfway through your story)

Name of story: My Safest Place

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?

Yes

2) So far who is your favorite character and why?

Truthfully I am having a hard time caring about any of the characters so far, but I would have to say Kevin. He is dying and is dealing with it the best way he can whether it's anger or sadness despite everyone's lack of concern about his well being. 

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)

Kind of? But then again he is in a hospice so I'm assuming he's going to die. lol

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit?

I think it could be a little more detailed. I really had no idea what to expect and was surprised to see what the story was actually about. I think more people would click on it if the word cancer was in the summary lol may be sad, but true.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations?

Not as of yet

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.

Yes, because as I mentioned above, I'm having a hard time caring about any of the characters.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of)

Nothing at all grammatically. Erika is doing a great job with that. The characters need some more developing but Erika has said this is one of her earlier stories so I'm sure she has gotten much better with that since this one. 

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?

I was just wondering what made you decide to center this around a hospice and how much research you did?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version