Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (11/44) > >>

carterkid:
Name of story: Save a prayer

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise? Yes,very easy

2) So far who is your favorite character and why? Nick because she's writing the story when kev wasn't there, she's writing nick as the 'big brother' that kevin would be

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? No way,it's all a surprise

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit? the summary all fits in

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations? I was very suprised,Most fans at AC have read this but if you havn't like me you should

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why. No I was planning on reading before the challenge and never got to it

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? nope

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?  How did you come up with the story idea?

Carter-Orange:

--- Quote from: carterkid on June 17, 2013, 05:20:11 PM ---Name of story: Save a prayer

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?  How did you come up with the story idea?

--- End quote ---

Glad you're enjoying it :)

I came up with the idea after watching Bear Grylls Born Survivor one evening.  But I was also inspired by a couple of action/adventure films too, like Romancing The Stone.  I thought it would be fun to have the boys stranded somewhere like that lol.

RokofAges75:
Final Survey

Name of story:  Crash and Burn

1) What was the biggest challenge for you when reading this story?  I thought it was going to be reading slash, since I know Cinzia is a slash writer, but "Crash and Burn" really wasn't a slash fic.  I guess for me, the biggest challenge was also what made the story an easy read - the fact that it was short!  I appreciate a well-written one shot, but I usually prefer novels to short stories because they have more "meat" or substance.  Despite its emotional depth, this story was still... well, short, and the lack of back story left me wanting more!

2) Did you find yourself looking forward to reading as you were going along or did it feel like homework?  I enjoyed reading the story.  There wasn't really much to look forward to since, like I said, it was a short story, and I read it in one sitting, but it didn't feel like homework.

3) What was your favorite scene/chapter in the story?  My favorite scene was when Nick walked in and, without saying a word, hugged Brian.  That was a really touching moment and spoke volumes about the depth of their friendship.

4) Was your favorite character at the halfway point still your favorite at the end?  Since I filled out the halfway survey after finishing the story, I'll say yes LOL.

5) Who was your least favorite character and why?  I guess if Nick was my favorite, then Brian, by default, would be my least favorite, since he was the only other character in the story LOL.  There's really no other reason than that.

6) If there was a sequel to this story would you be interested in reading it?  Maybe.  I'd rather read a prequel!

7) Were you happy with the ending?  Yes, I was happy that Brian finally got some comfort!

8) Name the biggest surprise in the story and did you see it coming? (If there was one)  I was just surprised that I never found out what Brian was moping about.

9) What was this stories biggest strength?  It was very atmospheric and had a lot of emotion packed into such a short story.

10) What was it's biggest weakness?  Some of the descriptions were too wordy or awkwardly-worded.

11) Did reading this story make you want to try another one from this author?  Sure!  This was my first experience with Cinzia's writing, and now I know that she's a great writer who loves Brian, Nick, and angst, which are three of my favorite things as well.  I think the only thing that's held me back from trying her stuff before now is the slash factor.

12) Give us one final review that sums up your experience reading this, maybe explain why you gave the kind of feedback you did or if you would have perhaps picked a different story from this one?
I'm glad I picked "Crash and Burn" as one of my stories.  To be honest, it really wasn't much of a challenge for me because it was an angsty short story about Brian and Nick, my favorite Backstreet Boys.  I thought it was going to be a slash, which made it more of a challenge, but it wasn't, so it was an easier read than I expected it to be.  I enjoyed it!

13) Did you prefer the way we did the challenge this year or did you like the pairings better?  I actually got the best of both worlds because Cinzia and I ended up choosing each other's stories, so I'm kind of doing pairs and my own choice.  I like having some choice over what stories to read - even with the pairings last year, it was nice to have some options so that I could challenge myself to read something new and different, but not torture myself with something I knew I wouldn't like.  As far as pairings vs. whoever, I don't have a preference.

14) Did the author respond to your feedback? Yes, she did.

15) Any final thoughts or questions for the author?  Do you have any longer stories that aren't slash or romance at all, or do you see yourself writing any in the future?

Alexsgirl_ritz:
My vacation is almost over, we will be back in Dubai on Sunday. I probably start with my reading challenge on Monday. I apologize for being late. I just wanted to spend the whole month with my kids, so I rarely go online.

usako:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on June 19, 2013, 04:58:39 PM ---Final Survey

15) Any final thoughts or questions for the author?  Do you have any longer stories that aren't slash or romance at all, or do you see yourself writing any in the future?

--- End quote ---

I have only one kinda long story that isn't slash but it's my very first story, back in 2010 after years and years of not write at all. I still have it, I can't bring myself to erase it but it's very bad. lol If I do translate it, I might end up writing it again from the start.  :D
As for the future, I have some ideas which don't include slash. It's just a matter of finding the time. Mostly because it would be a sort of challange, writing about Brian and Nick without adding the slash.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version