Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (13/44) > >>

mare:
Hey everyone!

It's my usual Saturday check in! Now that we are way into this challenge, it's time to start issuing goals etc...

I am constantly updating the first post with where everyone is in terms of reading and the surveys that have been completed. This gives the writers an idea of where you are in terms of reading their stuff. Keep in mind, I can only gauge where you are reading-wise, by the reviews you leave so if it says you are on chapter 5 but you are really on chapter 12, it means you aren't leaving reviews which in my eyes is even worse than not reading it to begin with!

Ritz said she'll start reading this week since she's been gone this past month. Welcome back! :)

That leaves only you, Erika. Time to get started

So here is everyone's first goal - which most of you have already achieved! (Chris, Tracy, Steph, Emily and Mare have already hit goal one! Gold stars for us! lol)

By next Saturday everyone should have read at least 10 chapters of their stories (all 10 on one story or a combination of both, depends on how you are approaching this challenge)

10 chapters should only seems like a lot if you haven't started yet lol

Also remember to fill out the appropriate surveys when you hit those points!

I posted a fun reader/reviewer survey in the general section of the board. I was going to put it in here but I figured it would be a fun one for everyone to do, so feel free to go fill it out in there instead of in here!

Happy reading!! :)

Don't forget to occasionally comment in here and ask any questions you feel like you need to ask!

mare:
Halfway there survey (Only to be completed once you have gotten at least halfway through your story)

Name of story: Forever by Emily

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?
Yes, I only found the very first chapter confusing, after that everything has made perfect sense to me.

2) So far who is your favorite character and why?
I would have to say Kevin because of his layered personality. You never truly know what he's thinking and that drives Emily especially, a bit crazy. Their interactions are fun to watch and of course whenever he's with the boys it's instant love for me!

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)
I would think so, but there is no current end so not sure if even Emily knows yet lol

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit?
I think her summary is pretty spot on.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations?
Nope, not as of yet.

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.
I probably would have not even started it, mainly because it's not the type of story I would want to read. I generally hate female based narrative for a BSB fic. That being said, if I did click and read, it would have held my interest because of the great writing for a few chapters, but I admit once we got to those Nsync chapters with no BSB in sight, I would have finally stopped.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of)
Nope, that's the perks of reading a story by a member of the grammar police! lol

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?
Nothing at the moment.

emilo:
Thanks for your feedback, Mare!  I appreciate your honesty, and I'm glad you're able to find parts you enjoy, even though this isn't at all the type of story you like to read. 

mare:
You're welcome! :)

carterkid:
Final survey (To be completed after finishing the story you are reading)

Name of story: Save a prayer

1) What was the biggest challenge for you when reading this story?

I don't know if you would call it a challenge but for me, it was reading the other four guys without Kevin in the story.

2) Did you find yourself looking forward to reading as you were going along or did it feel like homework?

I looked forward to it a lot.

3) What was your favorite scene/chapter in the story? My favorite part was when AJ was almost eaten by a snake.

4) Was your favorite character at the halfway point still your favorite at the end? yeah

5) Who was your least favorite character and why? I didn't have one.

6) If there was a sequel to this story would you be interested in reading it? Oh yeah,I hope steph  writes one.

7) Were you happy with the ending? yes,a happy ever after

8) Name the biggest surprise in the story and did you see it coming? (If there was one)All five NK getting killed! Wow,no didn't see it coming.I thought at least Jordan would make it out.

9) What was this stories biggest strength? The writing was great and the characters were how you would picture the backstreet boys.The story itself made it all come alive as you were reading.

10) What was it's biggest weakness? Just some small writing mess-ups in spots.

11) Did reading this story make you want to try another one from this author? I was reading stuff by steph before this challenge.

12) Give us one final review that sums up your experience reading this, maybe explain why you gave the kind of feedback you did or if you would have perhaps picked a different story from this one?

It was a great story and I love to read survivor/living off the wilderness stuff.

13) Did you prefer the way we did the challenge this year or did you like the pairings better? I like it better this year, that way people can pick what to read.

14) Did the author respond to your feedback? yes

15) Any final thoughts or questions for the author? nope

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version